Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 18:51
My latest vinyl acquisition is this:

A fairly rare double album by an infamous noise band called (sorry about this) Harry Pussy. This particular album is pretty much designed to be impossible to listen to, like Metal Machine Music. Not even really typical of their sound, no instruments or anything, just one second of a vocal part electronically altered in different ways for 60 minutes. So I had to have it, naturally. And then right after I played the first side, I fumbled with the record and left a scuff mark. :(. Although, who knows, it might sound better now.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 18:56
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Yeah I understand, when you listen to unusual music the correct speed isn't so obvious :)
True Smile
You sure listened to very different music. I hope 'Caravanserai' will be a success next time.

I listened to a random vinyl rip on Youtube today, an obscure gem of the 70's. It's an awesome Jazz Rock album with elements of Electronic, Symphonic and Space Rock. The coolest thing about it is the cover though Cool

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 19:02
That does look good.  I'll check it out Thumbs Up

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2015 at 14:32
Ohh that is interesting looking Sam.....What label is that on?
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2015 at 15:05
I listened yesterday, it was good.  Comparable to Kraan's albums from that period, which I love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DzmJSOShOM

It says it was on the "Hansa" label, 1978.

-Kehlog Albran
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2015 at 17:08
Will have to keep on the look out for that one.....
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2015 at 17:34
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I listened yesterday, it was good.  Comparable to Kraan's albums from that period, which I love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DzmJSOShOM

It says it was on the "Hansa" label, 1978.
I read the name Kraan a lot lately I'll have to check that, especially since you say it's comparable with this Smile

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Will have to keep on the look out for that one.....
I was just seeing some copies on Ebay... I'm now feeling an itch to have it LOL
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2015 at 01:51
KRAAN are da bomb !!!
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2015 at 08:40
^^ I have some of their early albums. The debut is great along with Andy Nogger and Let It Out but I never
got around to buying Wintrup (?). The Kraan Live album (1975) is great from beginning to end.
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2015 at 11:57
ClapCryClapCry
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2015 at 15:49
Yes....RIP Daevid
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 04:25
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

^^ I have some of their early albums. The debut is great along with Andy Nogger and Let It Out but I never
got around to buying Wintrup (?). The Kraan Live album (1975) is great from beginning to end.
Wintrup happens to be my favourite from them. Weiderhoren is quite impressive. Live '75 is one of THE BEST live albums I know of. Great band.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 05:45
^ I'll mentally write those album names to check later, I'm really curious to hear Smile
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 07:43
Unfortunately Wintrup is one of those gaps in my seventies vinyl collection. I just never came across it at the time.
Currently Discogs has a near mint copy for $109 and a very good + copy for $42. These are both original first pressing.
Amazon has four new CDs from $57 to $200. There is a used - very good for $20 and a used - like new for $22.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 08:22
I was fortunate enough to have come across a guy selling off his vinyl collection for a fraction of their worth. He had 100's of Euro-Prog vinyl between 12-30 bucks !! I ended buying a total of 81 records from him over 2 years, then, sadly, he passed away.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 08:37
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

Wintrup happens to be my favourite from them. Weiderhoren is quite impressive. Live '75 is one of THE BEST live albums I know of. Great band.
wiederhoren is my favorite, and I agree with you on the live album. That's the one that hooked me in.
They're still putting out the occasional album even now. I've heard one or two and they're not bad.

-Kehlog Albran
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 08:47
^ The album 'Through' is the strongest from post-2000 albums.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 10:36
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ The album 'Through' is the strongest from post-2000 albums.
thanks for the tip! I haven't heard that one.

-Kehlog Albran
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 10:37
My latest TD acquisition. I like this one a lot!

-Kehlog Albran
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 11:38
^ Awesome Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 312>