Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 17:13
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Yes that video was "Memory of Water" off the album This Strange Engine, a very well made album and the SQ is spectacular.
The stores I went to were right off the Ramblas less than one block on Calle Taller, there are like 4-5 stores. I know there are others but since we were on foot, could not get to others Cry.

For sure three bands I would love to see.....IQ, Halen and Riverside.
I'm looking at the cover, that's the one indeed. Covers are so easy to memorise Smile
There are a lot of LP's to flip in 5 stores Tongue

I'd mostly go for Camel, since I missed their concert in Lisbon last year. IQ and Haken too... and I would gladly see Riverside again Wink

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 17:28
..I still hate you for Riverside......
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 17:37
Says the man who has all their albums on vinyl
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 17:38
..not the new one.....Cry
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 17:44
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 17:51

..not the new one.....Cry
Grab it while you can. I bought it on CD and heard it today. Not much Prog but its a fine Rock album.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 17:52
Originally posted by Hawkwise Hawkwise wrote:

Cyclone!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2015 at 16:43
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Says the man who has all their albums on vinyl

Shipping might be expensive but Greg Walker @ Synphonic has Riverside~ADHD and Shrine/Generation Slaves for sale......
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2015 at 10:11
^ Thanks for the tip, but it's still too expensive. I think I'll wait for a reissue.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2015 at 19:26
Well I have a feeling InsideOut Music has no plans on reprinting Second Life Syndrome or Rapid Eye Movement....Keep looking but I doubt it, those originally came out in like 2010-11. I am surprised that ADHD is still there with Greg......
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2015 at 20:53
I'm glad I got the dbl Reality Dream when I did, the run of those didn't last long at all. So far, judging by what I've read about the latest, I'm holding off. I thought that Shrine was a step down from previous works (still gets the 4th star, just). Duda is a wicked bassist !!
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2015 at 21:23
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I'm glad I got the dbl Reality Dream when I did, the run of those didn't last long at all. So far, judging by what I've read about the latest, I'm holding off. I thought that Shrine was a step down from previous works (still gets the 4th star, just). Duda is a wicked bassist !!

Didn't we get those Riverside's at the same time, Tom? You know, it occured to me that I have NEVER listened to that live album!

I'm assuming you're grabbing the new one from Greg at some point?
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2015 at 21:53
Mike, since the last Syn Phonic update, I placed my order twice, and haven't got a reply ?? I've got plenty to listen to, but no, I didn't include the latest Riverside in my list.
And yes, we probably did get some Riverside LP's around the same time.......
The live one is fantastic, but stays pretty much faithful to the studio versions - just incredible in itself, really, just the four of them, nailing it in a live setting. Great track-list to boot. Thinking about it, the track The Same River, is possibly my favourite track by them.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2015 at 23:29

Shrine took probably  5-8 spins before I started connecting with it, as you said it is a step down from the "normal" prog metal..but the new one is a few floors below the "normal" prog metal. I have the digital download of the new one and it's just OK, so far. Has not hit me yet to get the vinyl version, although I probably will just not a priority.....I have other things I need to get.

Currently in a replacement mode right now....Just stopped off at one of my fav stores and picked up a few reissues. Floyd~The Wall I have been wanting to get the 2012 reissue as it was mastered/cut by Doug Sax at The Mastering Lab from original master tapes....it was not cheap at $45.00 but holly smokes is it worth it! All the reviews are spot on, the fluidity, syrupy sound of Floyd comes thru so well, simply wonderful low end and the pressing is outstanding, super quiet. My US copy is deadwax stamped TML-M, M for Master versus S for Slave or X for duplicate. TML usually ran three cutting lathes -M, -S and -X this way they could run QC on specific lacquers and know where a problem was.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 11:47

Well I have a feeling InsideOut Music has no plans on reprinting Second Life Syndrome or Rapid Eye Movement....Keep looking but I doubt it, those originally came out in like 2010-11. I am surprised that ADHD is still there with Greg......
I hope you're wrong Tongue I would probably pay 80/90€ for both, it's way above the average for me... besides my last order from the US was held up in customs and I paid an EXTRA fee, so I'm trying not to get anything outside Europe Ouch

Currently in a replacement mode right now....Just stopped off at one of my fav stores and picked up a few reissues. Floyd~The Wall I have been wanting to get the 2012 reissue as it was mastered/cut by Doug Sax at The Mastering Lab from original master tapes....it was not cheap at $45.00 but holly smokes is it worth it! All the reviews are spot on, the fluidity, syrupy sound of Floyd comes thru so well, simply wonderful low end and the pressing is outstanding, super quiet. My US copy is deadwax stamped TML-M, M for Master versus S for Slave or X for duplicate. TML usually ran three cutting lathes -M, -S and -X this way they could run QC on specific lacquers and know where a problem was.
That seems great! I still don't have a copy of it, I don't think I would listen to it much Confused

I don't know what happened to the cables that came with the TT since I got it back, they seem to buzz more when I turn the volume up a bit. I tried the TV cables and it had less noise. I think it will be my next investment.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 12:17
The cables that normally come with TT are not that great, very low end, remember you need very good cables to block out the RF noises since the signal from the cartridge is so low.

You might try moving things around like speakers and such, not sure of your setup and location. Make sure the earth wire is connected and also try it not connected.

In Europe there have to be online stores to get much better cables. Look for:

Morrow Audio (It's all I use as they are excellent hand made and very good prices)
Cardas Cables
AudioQuest
Kimber Kable

You can even search around 'fleabay' for used cables, you might find something really nice for good price.....Remember only buy PHONO CABLES.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 15:22

my ADHD is on black wax - I think Greg has blue wax on his list, but he is known to have titles in his list which are out-of-stock.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 15:24

my ADHD is on black wax - I think Greg has blue wax on his list, but he is known to have titles in his list which are out-of-stock.

Mine is blue wax.....and yes sometimes you have to ask him.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 16:56

The cables that normally come with TT are not that great, very low end, remember you need very good cables to block out the RF noises since the signal from the cartridge is so low.

You might try moving things around like speakers and such, not sure of your setup and location. Make sure the earth wire is connected and also try it not connected.

In Europe there have to be online stores to get much better cables. Look for:

Morrow Audio (It's all I use as they are excellent hand made and very good prices)
Cardas Cables
AudioQuest
Kimber Kable

You can even search around 'fleabay' for used cables, you might find something really nice for good price.....Remember only buy PHONO CABLES.
I did all that already, I think I minimized the noise the best I could with those cables.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into that Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 18:27
A masterpiece.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 312>