Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 18:43
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

A masterpiece.....

Yep! Big smile
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 19:46
^ That with Bernie Worrell ?? I have some on tape, somewhere. I bought a couple of LP's at one stage, but never got into them. BW is an amazing keyboardist though.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 21:24
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ That with Bernie Worrell ?? I have some on tape, somewhere. I bought a couple of LP's at one stage, but never got into them. BW is an amazing keyboardist though.

Yup....The Woo is on this album Clap. And he is amazing....his moog work on Parliament's album Funkentelechy vs The Placebo Syndrome set the tone for some of today's hip/hop beat patterns, specifically the song Flashlight.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 22:54

Finally got my copy yesterday......One of their best albums, some of their best song writing for sure.

Edited by Catcher10 - November 07 2015 at 22:55
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 11:40

Steven Wilson saved this album.....
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 14:36
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Those LZ reissues look fantastic José! Is there any track that sounds especially good? Smile
Thanks for reminding me of Recordings. I just heard it for the first time and it's really special stuff Thumbs Up
Yes Sam, quite a few....specifically on Presence "Nobody's Fault But Mine" is so killer! It has a big beefy sound that I have mentioned before on these LZ reissues, really brings back that nice big analog vinyl sound of the 70's......I really should try and make a video with my phone so you can hear partly what I hear with these.
I turned it up pretty loud during that session...It was fun! That song has some nice quiet transition parts that are clean and smooooth Big smile Of course what can you say about "Achilles Last Stand" and the surprise track is "Royal Orleans", a very funky heavy track..

The drum track on NFBM is kick-ass, actually Bonzo just shines on that whole record; Jimmy's production is particularly good (which is saying a lot).

Video I just made of NFBM, you have to pay attention to the bass lines as well as kick drum, really nice full and defined, I know not the best with these cell phone vids, but if you add a bit of bass on your speakers or headphones, not much, you can get a sense of what these issues are doing, bringing back the big full analog sound, especially these LZ remasters.

I agree, Jimmy did a nice job with these...considering his hearing is for sh*t these days LOL.

Hope you enjoy...

http://1drv.ms/1PwrOWM">http://1drv.ms/1PwrOWM
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 15:22
^^^ Nice! Thumbs Up How's the sound quality in your set up?

^^ I saw a copy of it today but I always find more interesting albums than Tull. I bought a couple of LP's today, I'll post them later. Their Marillion selection was nice, maybe next time Smile

^ I'll watch it later, I can't even see it in 240p right now Ouch
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 15:26
Tull~APP by Wilson is fantastic, I have the original issues and he just corrected some problems, much better
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 15:43

I finally listened to this one on vinyl, I spun it too many times on CD though. I expected more improvement, but it's probably a problem of the album: the production sounds too clean, lacks a bit of punch compared to other albums and I think the drums are too much on background. What do you guys think of it? Ermm

Really great album, a mixture of Kraftwerk-like Electronic with Krautrock, with a nice sunny vibe that reminds of Can's Future Days Wink (it's on my latest polls if you're interested to listen Smile)

Papir's latest EP, that the label sent as a bonus Smile I didn't have any disc with this size and I also don't know how to store it, since the paint comes off easily Confused

Edited by Meltdowner - November 08 2015 at 15:44
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 15:54
I only have the original issue of Iron Maiden albums, which all sound really good, considering it is metal. I have read in different forums people are not that impressed with the recent issues, part of that could be from the previous picture discs that came out that are terrible.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 16:35
^ It's probably that. The previous sounded better to me, but I don't have them on CD to compare. I guess I should look into an original copy someday.

Edited by Meltdowner - November 08 2015 at 16:36
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 07:33
Thanks for sharing the video José, it sounds excellent, exactly like I thought LZ should sound like Thumbs Up
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 07:51
The two LPs I bought yesterday, brand new copies for 10€ each Big smile This purchase even things since I spent more than usual for a copy of 2112 Tongue

Excellent reissue! It has almost no surface noise, really warm organ and vocals and great sounding guitars and drums. This album became even warmer and cozier Approve

The first time I saw a TD album at the local store and it was a classic album I didn't have already, the one that introduced me to the band Wink Quality-wise it's not as good as the other one, but considering that my copy of Hyperborea is full of pops, I really can't complain LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 09:21
Never been much into US Southern Rock, not enough to buy any albums...the occasional CCR, Lynard Skynard I have but don't listen to them anymore.....I do understand Brothers and Sisters is pretty good.

And TD has never done anything for me....

Edited by Catcher10 - November 09 2015 at 09:22
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 09:48
I guess it's exotic for a European person Tongue I know a lot of people from my country that are into that genre. I don't think I would buy it if it wasn't on sale though.

I thought that would be your case. Did you try the more Space Rock ones, like Cyclone and Force Majeure?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 14:36
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I guess it's exotic for a European person Tongue I know a lot of people from my country that are into that genre. I don't think I would buy it if it wasn't on sale though.

I thought that would be your case. Did you try the more Space Rock ones, like Cyclone and Force Majeure?

Nope......never heard of them, any good?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 17:03
I really like both, especially Force Majeure, it's quite Floydian but with more synths:

(Not the best track but it's shorter and gives a general idea of the album)

(There's a short track but it's not very good)

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 19:25
Wonder what this is just showed up on my door step?? Tongue

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 19:41
These are the albums I bought in Barcelona.....

This is the one I have never heard of...The sticker says "First ever legit vinyl reissue of Thundertree's sole album from 1970. A perfect example of the transition from psychedelia to hard-rock and early progressive sounds. Killer fuzzed out guitar, organ, powerful vocals.."
Sounded interesting so I took it...

The other's I took because i was looking for them and I would have paid intl shipping anyways..
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 21:52
This is a pc of garbage!!! I realize it's a bootleg, but the recording quality is horrid Dead. The right channel is all fuzz, sounds like an AM radio broadcast.

Not sure if I will keep or trade in at the record store....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 312>