Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 22:03
Ahhhh, analog bliss, gorgeous, lovely, brilliant absolutely stellar pressing and mastering.......as usual!

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 23:26
That's so disappointing about the DT album. Try E-bay, plenty of 'suckers' there would pay top dollar for a DT boot, regardless of SQ. Just list it as a Live album.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 04:55
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I saw that Marillion album the other day Smile

Does it have any song that isn't on the albums? I didn't get it on the concert, they were selling the LP for 40€ Confused

I know that cover, I don't know from where Ermm From the description it sounds quite interesting Thumbs Up
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 09:30
Some used vinyl in good condition from a local place:

Soft Machine 2
Anthony Phillips-Geese and Ghost
Triumvirat- Old Loves...
Barclay James Harvest- Everyone....
                                  Time Honored...

Going to pick up a nice used copy of Spooky Tooth...It's All About A Roundabout....in a few days and maybe a couple of really clean early Hawkwind albums.

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 09:34
^ Nice finds Thumbs Up "Old Loves" was a big success here and can be found easily, but I still don't have a copy of it Embarrassed
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 10:16
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ Nice finds Thumbs Up "Old Loves" was a big success here and can be found easily, but I still don't have a copy of it Embarrassed

I only have Illusions and Old Loves.....misplaced my vinyl copies of Spartacus and Mediterranean tales many years ago.  Embarrassed I'm going to see if that shop has them..... never was a huge fan of them but they are nice albums nevertheless.
I'm selling him most of my classic rock and pop/rock things since I am only going to keep prog albums .
My family doesn't seem interested in this old vinyl...so I'm clearing it out.
Going to trade him Strawberry Alarm Clock original vinyl for Spooky Tooth's first one.
Traded him Lemon Pipers Green- Tamborine for that Soft Machine 2 album.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 11:12
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

That's so disappointing about the DT album. Try E-bay, plenty of 'suckers' there would pay top dollar for a DT boot, regardless of SQ. Just list it as a Live album.

Good idea......There is a sucker born every day.....I was one in Barcelona LOL
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 11:21
^^  I will eventually sell my vinyl collection (2200 LPs) because none of my kids are interested in them.
Several months ago I started using Popsike to determine the value of vintage LPs and that was a major project.
I only got to about 425 albums before I stopped.
If I start up again I will probably concentrate on selling about half individually or in small lots. The rest could be sold to a 'record flipper' for five dollars each, sight unseen.

Edited by TeleStrat - November 10 2015 at 11:22
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 11:25
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

I only have Illusions and Old Loves.....misplaced my vinyl copies of Spartacus and Mediterranean tales many years ago.  Embarrassed I'm going to see if that shop has them..... never was a huge fan of them but they are nice albums nevertheless.
I'm selling him most of my classic rock and pop/rock things since I am only going to keep prog albums .
My family doesn't seem interested in this old vinyl...so I'm clearing it out.
Going to trade him Strawberry Alarm Clock original vinyl for Spooky Tooth's first one.
Traded him Lemon Pipers Green- Tamborine for that Soft Machine 2 album.
I have Spartacus and I only played it once since I got it last January. I should give it another spin.
It's better to keep the collection concise, good thing you know someone to sell them to, I wouldn't know where I could sell some records.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 11:28
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I saw that Marillion album the other day Smile

Does it have any song that isn't on the albums? I didn't get it on the concert, they were selling the LP for 40€ Confused
I know that cover, I don't know from where Ermm From the description it sounds quite interesting Thumbs Up

Ouch 40€ is bad! I only have the CD version and have not compared yet.

The Thundertree album is very interesting, Side 1 is very traditional 60's rock, almost a Cream sound. Side 2 is a suite called "1225" which is reference to "12/25 Christmas". The band was a formation of two bands, one was a Christian based band called Good Idea. For sure it's a different sound, the quality is very good, this is pressed by a Spanish label called Guerssen, Catalonia. A very good find with some nice history....
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 11:33
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

^^  I will eventually sell my vinyl collection (2200 LPs) because none of my kids are interested in them.
Several months ago I started using Popsike to determine the value of vintage LPs and that was a major project.
I only got to about 425 albums before I stopped.
If I start up again I will probably concentrate on selling about half individually or in small lots. The rest could be sold to a 'record flipper' for five dollars each, sight unseen.

I doubt they give $5 each.....Selling prices of used vinyl have a range of $5-$10 in my area, good condition used vinyl like VG to VG+ goes for $8-$12.
Sight unseen you might get $2.......on a good day.

Give us first crack at it and I am sure we can do better, good titles are worth more. It might take you 3-5 yrs but you will get better money.
PA does not have a for sale section, but other sites do......PM me if you want more info.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 11:44

Ouch 40€ is bad! I only have the CD version and have not compared yet.

The Thundertree album is very interesting, Side 1 is very traditional 60's rock, almost a Cream sound. Side 2 is a suite called "1225" which is reference to "12/25 Christmas". The band was a formation of two bands, one was a Christian based band called Good Idea. For sure it's a different sound, the quality is very good, this is pressed by a Spanish label called Guerssen, Catalonia. A very good find with some nice history....
It wasn't so bad, I bought a t-shirt for once LOL

I'm giving it a listen on Youtube, it's quite good. I know that label, they reissued many Portuguese Prog albums.

TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 12:53
A friend of mine is dealing with a 'flipper' right now. Through my friend he has extended his $5 offer to me.
My friend and I have very similar tastes in music and bought a lot of the same albums back then. We also both purchased plastic sleeves for each album and have both been very careful with our collections over the years.
Because of this, the flipper made his offer sight unseen.
So, unless one of my kids changes their mind I will have to deal with this and it will tale a very long time.
But selling the entire collection to one of these dealers will never happen.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 13:19

Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Good idea......There is a sucker born every day.....I was one in Barcelona LOL
Jose, I would've whipped up that DT in a flash if I saw it, it looks legit enough to 'deliver'. A couple of months back I came across a VDGG boot called Montreal '77, I was soooo excited, first boot I've bought in years - I liked it, but the sound is so shallow and thin it needs to be played at a huge volume and even then it sounds murky and lacking bottom end. I have many boots from over the years, some really good, some abysmal, I don't think I'll bother with getting any more.

Edited by Tom Ozric - November 10 2015 at 13:21
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 13:46
^ Well honestly, I am not a big fan of DT lives albums, none of them are really very good SQ wise. Chaos In Motion is also horrid, only Live in Budokan is decent.

But this one is terrible.....I even looked up on the net and have found nobody discussing the quality of recording.
Evolutionary Sleeper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolutionary Sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 16:56

Scored these today~ 

Aphex Twin - Syro
Assemble Head in Sunburst Sound - When Sweet Sleep Returned
Sade - Promise

Got the first two for EXCELLENT prices! :D
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2015 at 17:32
Originally posted by Evolutionary Sleeper Evolutionary Sleeper wrote:

Scored these today~ 

Aphex Twin - Syro
Sade - Promise

There is just something about Sade.....her voice, looks...yea something Tongue. Somewhere in another box I have a couple of her earlier albums
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2015 at 13:15
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2015 at 13:21
^ Gatefolds are so bitchin' Clap
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2015 at 23:10

Originally posted by Evolutionary Sleeper Evolutionary Sleeper wrote:

Scored these today~ 

Aphex Twin - Syro
Sade - Promise

There is just something about Sade.....her voice, looks...yea something Tongue. Somewhere in another box I have a couple of her earlier albums
f**k my Ol' boots - Jose, you dig Sade ?? Loved her since 1984. Got all albums (bar the 2010 release) on vinyl !! Also their 2 stunning live DVD's. Love Deluxe is an insanely beautiful album. She has a gorgeous voice and a wonderful band. Paul Spencer Denman is a great bassist, can be real jazz/funk at times. There is an offshoot worth checking out called 'Sweetback'. Just choice, chill tunes. I don't think many Proggers are into the band. They are so much more than the radio hits you hear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 312>