Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2015 at 23:59
^ LMAO -
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 03:57
LOL
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 04:33
Re :   Hot Rats - (Amusing in B&W....... ) - but I have to say that my niece will ALWAYS be terrified by the curly-haired dude in the well on this cover. She's now 15, and is still freaking out over this dude...........poor thing.........Iron Maiden S/T Eddie also spooks her, but when I show her the cover of Maiden's X Factor, she just says "that's gross, yuk". S/T will make her run. She hates clowns too...............
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 09:02
One of my latest "non-used" orders:

`Rush 'Moving Pictures' sounds great...no surprises, same with the Trees album.
`Having the CD of the Nick Cave one, I was hoping the vinyl packaging would be just as gorgeous as the CD box, and I was not disappointed. A work of art.
`Been dying for The Tea Party to release their best album on vinyl at a decent price. Awesome grab. The CD came out in the mid 90's when a lot of bands were throwing in these "hidden" tracks after long periods of silence. And they kept that deal with the vinyl, as side 4 is the one final song followed by a really long period of silence until that odd spoken word Roy Harper deal finishes off things. Thus "Walk With Me" is listed as 14:17 minutes long. Probably won't be playing that side much.Confused
`The Perfume came in three vinyl options, red, clear and yellow...and since I already had clear and red albums in my collection, I went with the more unusual yellow. Quite nice, see through and with a hint of lime to it. Love having some J-techno with powerhouse production values on vinyl.
`The Nile album has fantastic artsy packaging complete with lots of info on what each song is about besides just the lyrics. Great for collectors, but it came with an unexpected surprise concerning the vinyl itself:

Is it me or is a pinkish hue not the typical color to represent brutal technical death metal with an Egyption angle with otherwise black and green packaging?

I had something like this happen before:

The packaging for this Edenbridge album is orange galore so it was a bit weird to find out the vinyl itself was of a 'vomit green' shade. Has anyone else had this situation where the vinyl color doesn't match up with the aesthetics of the packaging and music?

Sorry if this post is a bit bigEmbarrassed
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 09:30
^ True, that Rush LP sounds great Smile

Good to know that Tea Party album was reissued, it's fantastic Thumbs Up

About your last topic, the first album that comes to mind:

I didn't even know it was coloured until I opened it, so it was even more shocking Tongue
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 10:34
^Nice! Stoner metal and baby blue...gotta wonder if bands have much say in the shades of the vinyl issues.Tongue

I guess one good thing about the Edges of Twilight release (besides being...yes, fantastic!) is that by regulating the last song in its extended form to side 4, the other three sides pretty much work out as being of legitimate lengths. I don't really dig having to flip a side after 10-12 minutes, which can happen with these 2xLPs in which the albums were made with typical CD lengths in mind.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 10:56
^ I agree Tongue Orange would be a much better colour... even vomit green would make more sense LOL

Me neither, especially when it could fit into a single LP.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 11:10
^^^ love that Trees album....I have it on cd...one of my favorite prog folk things ...what did they want for a vinyl copy of that...?

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 11:57
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

^^^ love that Trees album....I have it on cd...one of my favorite prog folk things ...what did they want for a vinyl copy of that...?

I wound up paying $22.50 for it. I had a $200 gift card from Amazon so I didn't exactly feel the pain. Awesome album with a cool cover, the only downside being that there's no special goodies (lyrics, liner notes etc) that comes with it, just a plain protective sleeve. The music is what matters in the end though.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 12:02
I have to say, death/goth/brutal metal has the best looking vinyl out. I get emails from CM Distro and I scan their vinyl offerings often, occasionally they will have some prog metal.....I can't do the brutal/death stuff, but the colored vinyl and packaging is insane.

Welcome Dave, to our wonderful little world of vinyl! Thumbs Up
sublime220 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sublime220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 13:38
I've been a long-time lurker of this thread (all the way back from page 90) but decided to finally join in. I absolutely adore vinyl and will post some of my most prized ones later today. I'm also stunned by Jose and Sam's knowledge of this stuff. 
There is no dark side in the moon, really... Matter of fact, it's all dark...
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 13:39
Just ordered the new Riverside album "Love, Fear and the Time Machine" from CM Distro.....They had it in white vinyl for US$20.00.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 14:33
Originally posted by sublime220 sublime220 wrote:

I've been a long-time lurker of this thread (all the way back from page 90) but decided to finally join in. I absolutely adore vinyl and will post some of my most prized ones later today. I'm also stunned by Jose and Sam's knowledge of this stuff. 
Welcome, and go ahead and post your treasures Big smile I sure wouldn't know anything if it wasn't for José. I went back and my first post was on page 15, where I asked him if I could play 180g vinyl on my turntable... what a newbie EmbarrassedLOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 14:35
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Just ordered the new Riverside album "Love, Fear and the Time Machine" from CM Distro.....They had it in white vinyl for US$20.00.
Nice! Thumbs Up I hope you enjoy it for what it is. I listened to it for the fifth time yesterday, and I really enjoyed it Smile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 14:42
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Nice! Thumbs Up I hope you enjoy it for what it is. I listened to it for the fifth time yesterday, and I really enjoyed it Smile

I'm good with the mellow Riverside, I do enjoy Shrine quite a bit......but I prefer the progmetal side of Riverside.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 14:46

Welcome Ben!! Looking forward to your pics, always good to see another vinyl lover share their collection.

As you know in this thread.....

LOL

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 01:18
Wish I could post pics........
I bought Mastodon's Leviathan album and when I got home and opened it, it is a pink (!!) vinyl - Metalcore in pink. Very funny........
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 04:06
^^ and ^ LOL
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 09:59

Welcome Ben!! Looking forward to your pics, always good to see another vinyl lover share their collection.

LOL

I'm bad with computers.....how does one scan , get a pic of the cover, and post it here? I need an easy step by step guide for dummies.
LOL
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 14:37
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

LOL

I'm bad with computers.....how does one scan , get a pic of the cover, and post it here? I need an easy step by step guide for dummies.
LOL

I take pics with my cell phone, upload to my laptop then edit them to make them smaller. Then I store them on Photobucket. From there you can post them to any website.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 312>