Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2017 at 16:40
How's it going, Jose?
He's sixty-seven and he built the collection back in the sixties and seventies.
But unlike me, he lives in the same house that he did back then. He's never had to move his albums but I've moved my 2,000 album collection five times over the years.
Back when he decided to sell I talked to him a lot about the high dollar albums and even gave him a copy of the price list I had been putting together.
He's not into computers and wasn't interested in learning how to sell his valuable albums online so I think he always intended to sell in lump sum. 
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 04:54
Hi there!

I spent a week in Edinburgh and had the chance to visit most of the vinyl stores there, it was fun! Here are my finds, I'll do a video as soon as I can Wink

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 05:59
^ Rundgren, Wishbone Ash, Renaissance, Budgie etc.   
Looking good, brah !!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 11:43
Nice scroe!!!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 11:54
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

How's it going, Jose?
He's sixty-seven and he built the collection back in the sixties and seventies.
But unlike me, he lives in the same house that he did back then. He's never had to move his albums but I've moved my 2,000 album collection five times over the years.
Back when he decided to sell I talked to him a lot about the high dollar albums and even gave him a copy of the price list I had been putting together.
He's not into computers and wasn't interested in learning how to sell his valuable albums online so I think he always intended to sell in lump sum. 

Going well.....
It's too bad, I think I would have at least liked to look at the list and probably bought some and easily pay the going rate of $6-$10 depending on quality.
I'm sure that $24K looked really nice.......
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 13:54
The market for original vintage first and second pressings is still outrageous. Discogs currently has five listings for Museo Rosenbach "Zarathustra" from 1973. They range from $1,345 (very good plus) to $3,000 (near mint). It last sold for $1,257.

From my recent price list...
Gravy Train - Ballad Of A Peaceful Man  1972 - $1,250
Hairy Chapter - Can't Get Through  1971 - $439
Hokus Poke - Earth Harmony  1972 - $453
Il Balletto Di Bronzo - YS  1972 - $500
Jonesy - No Alternative  1972 - $350
Janus - Gravedigger  1972 - $435

I could list a dozen more that are $300 + but the point is that having them and selling them are two different things. If a buyer plans to resell he probably won't go higher than 50% and he would probably slap you down to 40% by haggling condition.
If someone decides to sell individually online they better have a lot of time on their hands and a lot of patience. Then there's the hassle of shipping.

This is all based on someone cutting out the cream of the crop and then bulk selling the remainder for $4 to $5 each.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 14:18
^ No doubt! I am not that type of collector for vinyl, although 2 yrs ago I struggled paying $60.00 for PT~Signify, an original pressing on Delerium label, its a PORKY PRIME CUT. The condition is VG++/Mint really. I have been offered $200 for it.....Discogs has a $160 high sell for it.

So I get it...but the music lover in me would rather sell to another music lover directly. Rather than these guys getting my rekkids..

LOL
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 14:32
I think two good ways to sell to people who want to keep the album themselves would be Discogs or having a store on Ebay. There would not be an auction deadline and the albums would remain available until the right music lover came along.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 16:33
Listening....

doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doompaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 16:55
You can't roll a joint correctly on a cd cover.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 17:29
Just looking too at all my Riverside vinyl, on Discogs has triple digit prices now.....Second Life Syndrome $235...cool!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 17:58
QRP pressing, 200g reissue, mastered at Abbey Road Studios

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 18:47
Saga~Worlds Apart
Mastered @ Masterdisk

TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 20:12
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Just looking too at all my Riverside vinyl, on Discogs has triple digit prices now.....Second Life Syndrome $235...cool!

That is very cool. No matter how many reissues may be released the first pressings will remain desirable to collectors. 
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2017 at 20:42

You serious ?? Hey, check out Yes - Live In Lyon triple vinyl - I bought mine for $70 when it came out, now there's 2 at Discogs - one is around a grand, and some other moron is trying to sell a sealed copy for almost 6 grand !! WTF ???
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2017 at 07:48

Nice scroe!!!

Thanks Wink

Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ Rundgren, Wishbone Ash, Renaissance, Budgie etc.    
Looking good, brah !!

Yes, some nice records here!! Tongue
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2017 at 09:13
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

You serious ?? Hey, check out Yes - Live In Lyon triple vinyl - I bought mine for $70 when it came out, now there's 2 at Discogs - one is around a grand, and some other moron is trying to sell a sealed copy for almost 6 grand !! WTF ???

Yes none of these 3 Riverside albums were re-printed SLS, REM and ADHD....the last two are still buyable.

That's nutzo, $6K for a rekkid....sheesh. I suppose if you feel later on you can get $8-9k for it, but its Yes, it's not a Pink Floyd, or LZ I with turquoise lettering if the right one is worth serious coin!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2017 at 19:18
Triumvirat~Spartucus
1975 Capitol Records

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2017 at 20:20
45RPM, Half Speed Remaster
Cut by Matt Colton

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2017 at 21:03
Capitol Records

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 312>