Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300301302 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2023 at 17:40
I try and buy used vinyl whenever I can (providing it's in listenable condition) cheap record stores DO exist.... they're out there somewhere. For individual I buy Discogs, and for Lots I buy off Ebay. 
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2023 at 18:27
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Enjoy......

Thanks for sharing. I just preordered a vinyl and it was typically priced for a new multi-color vinyl.... Which is not cheap at all.Confused
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2023 at 03:31

I've never taken a deep dive to figure out, but wonder if there are any reports on used vinyl sales? That has to be off the charts!

Tjah, I don't know about that, even I may doubt.
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2023 at 10:41
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

I try and buy used vinyl whenever I can (providing it's in listenable condition) cheap record stores DO exist.... they're out there somewhere. For individual I buy Discogs, and for Lots I buy off Ebay. 
I only buy NM off Discogs and hope for VG+, I've not bought off eBay.......I will occasionally buy new off Discogs but I'll try and get a deep discount from sellers, most will usually bite on my offers.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2023 at 19:50
I just received:

Univers Zero - Heresie
Hatfield and the North - Rotters' Club
National Health - Of Queues and Cures

All OG and in VG+ condition, except for Heresie, which is in NM condition. Big smile

Edited by King of Loss - August 24 2023 at 20:06
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2023 at 13:29
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

I just received:

Univers Zero - Heresie

All OG and in VG+ condition, except for Heresie, which is in NM condition. Big smile
Looks like a great weekend coming up.......Clap
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2023 at 14:11
I'll say ! This was waiting for me when I got back from the cottage today.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2023 at 15:33

Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

I just received:

Univers Zero - Heresie

Looks like a great weekend coming up.......Clap

It has been a great weekend for sure! Big smile

Saw two concerts and now listening to Heresie for the 2nd time. The seller did not lie about the play-rating of the vinyl on discogs. I'm going to be buying more from this seller!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2023 at 18:17

Just got the new Rhino 2-LP version of this iconic record, now the whole show on vinyl. I have the OG 1984 release, which sounds excellent so looking forward to this one.
Also looking forward to the reissue BRD, not sure when I'll buy that.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 11:45
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 11:47
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

I'll say ! This was waiting for me when I got back from the cottage today.

The Groundhogs...??
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 13:23
I got that one because the first disc is basically Tony McPhee's 'The Two Sides Of Tony (T.S) McPhee' and has "The Hunt" on it.
I haven't played this one yet but am really looking forward to it.

Edited by JD - August 31 2023 at 13:30
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 14:19

I got that one because the first disc is basically Tony McPhee's 'The Two Sides Of Tony (T.S) McPhee' and has "The Hunt" on it.
Never heard of the band....
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 14:49

They are probably more of a blues band, but Tony's solo was a full on electronic extravaganza.

From a PA Review...

Side two is a completely different kettle of fish. Here McPhee vents his anger at the peculiar British sport of fox-hunting. He does so via one of his closest ventures to prog, a 19 minute synthesiser and mellotron based side filler. The track takes us through the stages of a hunt, with intermittent narration telling us what is going on. The narrations act as links between the improvisations, each of which can be seen as a separate sub-track or section. With electronic rhythms as the only percussion, the overall effect is not unlike the experiments of Krafwerk and Tangerine Dream, a little clumsy perhaps but in its day this would have sounded quite novel

Edited by JD - August 31 2023 at 14:51
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 17:43
10-4
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2023 at 04:01

Never heard of the band....

Groundhogs' Split from 1971 is quite much appreciated psychedelic Hard/Blues Rock. Thumbs Up

Edited by David_D - September 01 2023 at 04:24
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2023 at 15:03
For whatever reason, I've been stuck in this '80s era of music pretty much all genres but heavy to this style. One thing to note all this music was recorded so dang well, sounds excellent compared to the digital krapp of today. I think I bought this around 1985.....
Kevin Gray cut this one when he was head of mastering at MCA.....no wonder!

[&amp;amp;#8203;IMG]

Edited by Catcher10 - September 08 2023 at 15:04
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2023 at 15:51
Me too...Blondie, Billy Joel, Eurythmics, Yaz have been spinning on my platter lately. Some great mixes.
But the Fixx, and that album particularly, is excellent. But be careful, because 'One thing Leads to Another' and you may find yourself trapped in a time vortex ! Wink
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2023 at 04:46

the age of populism  Big smile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2023 at 08:34

Me too...Blondie, Billy Joel, Eurythmics, Yaz have been spinning on my platter lately. Some great mixes.
But the Fixx, and that album particularly, is excellent. But be careful, because 'One thing Leads to Another' and you may find yourself trapped in a time vortex ! Wink

I don’t have any Eurythmics….. hmmm. I see a problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300301302 312>