Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 302303304305306 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2023 at 08:55
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

^JD I encourage you to write, as I do everyone

I've never seen that thread before, thank you for posting it!

Thumbs Up

quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2023 at 10:31
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

So what do you think? Mis-keystroke or completely out to lunch?

And an article from a post on SteveHoffam Forums, in case you haven't seen it.

On the Atomic Rooster, seems out to lunch. There is no other info other than vinyl is shinny......I suspect this has not been repressed? If not and this is the only issue available then has some value but based on previous sales not that much.

On the Discogs article, I've not read it but have seen other threads about it on SHF. My take is this is about the Sellers, and sure it suxs that it is costing them more to do business on Discogs but that could be happening everywhere these days.
I don't shop records on eBay, mainly due to my guess is sellers are not well informed. I like Discogs because you get more info on the record via the database and have a very good idea what you are buying.
At the end of the day if the Seller does not like my offer then that's fine.

If you guys wanna see how valuable records can get, this Sunday 11/12 at 10am AZ time, The In Groove from Phoenix is having a monster auction of a ton of still sealed MOFI, Japanese pressings and rare stuff. He does these on WhatNot, so go there and search for "theingroove". I have bought a few things on his past auctions......But I think this Sunday will be the biggest he has ever done. He's auctioning off about 230 albums from a consignment lot, here is Mike's preview video of what will sell....I promise you some of this stuff will go for 4 digits. Shocked

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2023 at 15:02
Pre-ordered.......

King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2023 at 20:18
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

Recently bout this set for a bit under $40, all EX/VG+ condition

Jethro Tull 5 Vinyl Record Lot Aqualung War Child Minstrel Passion Thick ALL VG+ - Picture 1 of 20

I got my bunch for below that much too. Jethro Tull records are really not that pricey, but awesome!
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2023 at 20:19
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Pre-ordered.......

I will definitely not pick this up as the price tag is ominous...
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 12:44
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Pre-ordered.......

I will definitely not pick this up as the price tag is ominous...
Yea the problem is it comes from across the pond, that postage has been expensive since Covid days. My total came to about USD102. I will say since 2020, this is only my 3rd order from BurningShed or KScope.....Regarding the album, I'm always onboard for PT live material as it's always recorded very well and SW mixing is excellent. Considering this might be their last tour if the "Closure" part comes true, I'm glad I ordered it....Probably will be a USD200 record minimum if they don't tour again.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2023 at 20:36
I'm considering ordering it, but I will need to think about it.... 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 17:15

...don't think...Do! LOL
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 19:45

...don't think...Do! LOL

I just did! Embarrassed
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2023 at 10:16

...don't think...Do! LOL

I just did! Embarrassed
Peer pressure, I luv it.....LOL
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2023 at 08:30
It was an awesome tour, wonderfully produced and wonderfully sounding. Well worth the price of attendance!

Edited by King of Loss - November 17 2023 at 08:30
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2023 at 17:10

It was an awesome tour, wonderfully produced and wonderfully sounding. Well worth the price of attendance!

ClapThumbs Up
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2023 at 08:07
albums sourced from vinyl (as opposed to actual master tape) reissued on vinyl = vinylception
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2023 at 10:34
Another Discogs head scratcher. I mean really ?? You may as well just donate it to the Goodwill.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2023 at 12:38
From recent work road trip in Bellingham, WA.......I've seen these "grab boxes" at other stores but usually more expensive and less records. This store had big UHaul boxes of records for sale, no clue what is in them. Clearly the grade of records is very low, but what got me is the store owner said he includes a bunch of records, 45s, CDs and cassettes.....So I bought one, figuring if I can get 3-4 VG+ albums I would be good. There are about 50 record albums, a few 45 singles, 1 mix CD of gansta rap krapp and about a dozen cassettes, just the cassettes I see about $30 value some good ones.
Have not gone thru all the records but as suspected not in good condition. There are a few like Alan Parsons Eye, a few Carly Simon, Al Stewart, Styx.....Most I think will be garbage or I'll give away, I'm keeping all the cassettes, heck I might have to go looking for a cassette deck. LOL

Oh and the box was only $10.......Thumbs Up

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2023 at 12:45

Another Discogs head scratcher. I mean really ?? You may as well just donate it to the Goodwill.

I think it is undervalued, should be $0.55 LOL
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2023 at 07:48
I've been thinking about something along this line lately.
Anyone else use something I might want to consider? Not a wall mount.

Edited by JD - November 25 2023 at 07:48
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2023 at 08:49

I've been thinking about something along this line lately.
Anyone else use something I might want to consider? Not a wall mount.

I would use it, it keep me from putting my record sleeves on the floor
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2023 at 10:07
Well after a little browsing around and seeing all the different styles of cover displays I decided to take some inspiration from some of the plexiglass styles. I'm going to try and turn these unplayable LP's into my own 'Now Playing' record jacket display holder. I'm lucky to have two great titles to work from. I'll do some research and practice on other useless vinyls to perfect my technique and then do my final versions...
Watch this space !

Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2023 at 10:37
JD I've got that exact stand. It's a bit flimsy but it takes 2 or 3 LPs easily.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 302303304305306 312>