Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 07:13
Not played this one in years and like most of Dave's solo stuff it's a bit hit and miss although it has a good production and sounds great.

Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 09:03
^ hwere da cactus Ermm
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 12:51
Originally posted by Daysbetween Daysbetween wrote:

Not played this one in years and like most of Dave's solo stuff it's a bit hit and miss although it has a good production and sounds great.

Brilliant album Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 13:12
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

^ hwere da cactus Ermm

People have to eat.....
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 13:25
LOL

"Brian" has been amusing his friends by chewing on plastic cacti and succulents Wacko

Edited by Argonaught - November 30 2014 at 13:35
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 14:40
Representing the avant garde, The Dead C from New Zealand with their very first release circa 1987. I've collected wuite a few Dead C records in the past couple of years.

My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 14:55
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Representing the avant garde, The Dead C from New Zealand with their very first release circa 1987. I've collected wuite a few Dead C records in the past couple of years.

Clearly avant garde.....I've been to NZ and actually looked thru some music stores and kick myself for not buying. But I was on a business trip and really had no way to bring the albums back.

damn.....
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 16:45
Currently listening to an old fave. Succulents were a bit shy earlier and cacti is just out of shot Tongue

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 16:50
Here is what a radio DJ looked like 55 years ago. A classy, sober gentleman, using his birth certificate name: 

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 17:16

Currently listening to an old fave. Succulents were a bit shy earlier and cacti is just out of shot Tongue

Wow! The LP cover looks really cool. It must sound amazingly good tooWink
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 17:17

Here is what a radio DJ looked like 55 years ago. A classy, sober gentleman, using his birth certificate name: 

When their job was not only press the play button LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 17:25

Wow! I was contemplating buying it on vinyl, but couldn't justify the $300-something asking price. Now it's twice as much. You are one very lucky man. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 17:36
As Mr. Meltdowner knows, earlier today I was somewhat disappointed with the half-@$$ed job the artist had done on the album cover for the Sweaty Hedgehog Samba Thumbs Down

So, I looked for an LP that offered anatomically more perfect visuals. And, he that seeketh findeth. Still not of the BB grade, but a good improvement nonetheless:

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 18:31
I need more Nektar on vinyl.........Love it!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 18:36

As Mr. Meltdowner knows, earlier today I was somewhat disappointed with the half-@$$ed job the artist had done on the album cover for the Sweaty Hedgehog Samba Thumbs Down

So, I looked for an LP that offered anatomically more perfect visuals. And, he that seeketh findeth. Still not of the BB grade, but a good improvement nonetheless:

Nice trumpet! WinkLOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 19:06
The bass on this album is brilliant, not only do I love this album, but playing it loud just sounds extra amazing. This was my first PT vinyl purchase probably in 2009ish.

Edited by Catcher10 - November 30 2014 at 19:06
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 19:12
^ what are some of your favorite parts of the FOABP/
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 19:24

^ what are some of your favorite parts of the FOABP/

Boy I love the album in whole, also this version includes the songs from Nil Recurring EP.

The title track is magical as is My Ashes and Anesthetize is just insane of course the Alex Lifeson solo is fantastic.
I love how Nil Recurring starts slow and just builds to a feverish instrumental. Way Out of Here has some great vocals.

Gavin's drumming is insane on the whole thing.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 19:57
In the spirit of this thread and analog sound....Currently spinning my reel to reel deck with a mix tape of various artists. I had to replace a diode on the power PCB that was causing a motor fluctuation, back in business now spinning the big wheels Thumbs Up

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 20:32
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Boy I love the album in whole, also this version includes the songs from Nil Recurring EP. 
The title track is magical as is My Ashes and Anesthetize is just insane of course the Alex Lifeson solo is fantastic.
I love how Nil Recurring starts slow and just builds to a feverish instrumental. Way Out of Here has some great vocals.
Gavin's drumming is insane on the whole thing.

I never liked Side C, and as of late I am not really friendly with Side A either

But the Side D (the Nil) IMO is PT's highest achievement, and Side B is one of the best "longsongs" ever. I sure hope that one day Wilson might find it in his heart to issue an Anesthetize/Nil as a double EP, on a vinyl record. Or, I''ll buy the 2LP version and glue the sides A and C together Geek. One of my turntables does have a tone arm height adjustment Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 312>