Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2014 at 09:05
Ouch.....! Those are very rough analog sounds.....LOL
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2014 at 17:19
Originally posted by Daysbetween Daysbetween wrote:

Been spinning this album once a day since it arrived - probably be my fave of the year.

ME TO !!!cant stop playing so good !!
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2014 at 17:21
Originally posted by Daysbetween Daysbetween wrote:

Playing the first in the trilogy have the other two also.

Nice have all 3 to have you been stealing my record collection LOL
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2014 at 18:19
Received my first paycheck ever. Bought myself something pretty Wink
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2014 at 18:31
^ congratulations on the first couple of revolutions of the hamster wheel of gainful employment! 

"Breathe"
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2014 at 18:53
^ This hamster thanks you! Tongue

"...Breath in the air
Don't be afraid to care..." Smile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2014 at 19:24
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Received my first paycheck ever. Bought myself something pretty Wink

Nice finds.....those are excellent, have not seen some of those in my stores. Let us know about the sound quality
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2014 at 23:00
Occasionally you have to go against the grain......Prince is an amazing artist, producer

Big smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 05:13
^^ Thanks! Not finds though, I bought them from a prog collector, like most of my LP's. I wanted to buy some KC albums from him, he had almost every album but they all vanished. Stern Smile
I'll report how I find them: I'll probably clean them today and see if I can find somewhere to put my LP's, I'm out of space LOL

Cool Prince cover by the way, but I never listened to that one Ermm

Edited by Meltdowner - December 06 2014 at 05:14
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 05:18
I have this one in impeccable condition, original pressing and all.........but it sounds like Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music is recorded over it:
Only real bummer I've encountered buying second hand vinyl.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 05:33
^ That's really strange Ermm

I would like to say something nice about it, but I listened to that one many times and I can't get into it Confused
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 05:38
That Jean Michel Jarre live album you got Sam is everywhere in Denmark. I've seen it in practically every vinyl shop I've ever been to. Bought one tooLOL

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 05:40

^ That's really strange Ermm

I would like to say something nice about it, but I listened to that one many times and I can't get into it Confused
Man, what's wrong with you - everyone can get into VDGG, some of the most accessible Prog out there . When my Mum was around (bless her soul) she would always say "you listening to the guy who is always in pain".......
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 05:44
LOL

Reminds me of someone who described Hammil's singing like 'an elderly man yelling at youngsters to get off his lawn'. or something to that effect.

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 05:52

I'll probably clean them today and see if I can find somewhere to put my LP's, I'm out of space LOL 

Far be it from me to give people unsolicited lifestyle advice, but I have heard of people who gained a lot of valuable storage space by sending their gf's away

Edited by Argonaught - December 06 2014 at 05:53
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 05:53
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

That Jean Michel Jarre live album you got Sam is everywhere in Denmark. I've seen it in practically every vinyl shop I've ever been to. Bought one tooLOL
Nice! Is the title of the album in danish? I only noticed mine was in portuguese when I got home Tongue
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 05:56
Tom and David, I guess it's exactly that, his voice is really annoying and also how there are too much tracks and all badly mixed together, it's like they were making something complex for the sake of it, it doesn't sound natural Ermm
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 05:58
Nope, says 'The Concerts in China'....but if you're opting for 'the original', then I guess you have to buy 'Les Concerts en Chine'Big smile

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 06:00
^ regarding your new(er) avatar: nice glasses Clap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 06:03
LOL
Thanks. I broke them. Too much swooping about.

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 312>