Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPersonal prog connections

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2014 at 18:40
I talk to Mike Howlett of Gong on a somewhat regular basis. Hell, we've even had some drinks at a local gig. He's really a pleasant guy, and often gives useful career advice.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2014 at 21:18
I recently became  facebook friends with Triumvirat's Barry Palmer. He seems a super nice and genuine person.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2014 at 23:22
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I've name-dropped all the prog people I've met over the years many times before, so I'll just mention those who approached me rather than the ones I've summoned the nerve to go up and talk to. A few years ago Ex-Enid guitarist Francis Lickerish, now of Secret Green, contacted me out of the blue enquiring after an oil-painting I'd painted of him back in 1977. 
<span style="line-height: 1.2;">Unfortunately for him I'd given the painting as a present to a friend fairly soon after I had finished it. Co-incidentally that friend and I had chatted with Francis and Steve Stewart in the bar after the gig in Bedford that the painting was from.</span>
At a secret Focus gig in a local pub another ex-Enid guitarist Nick May, now of Whimwise, approached me thinking I was Clive Nolan of Pendragon, once we'd sorted out I wasn't we had an interesting chat about music and the music biz.
<span style="line-height: 1.2;">Separated at birth? </span>LOL
And when the band I used to manage was playing the Bloodstock festival for the second time, Bob Catley of Magnum was also on the bill, he spent much of the afternoon chatting and drinking with myself, my wife and daughter and ... Becki our lead singer:
...so <span style="line-height: 1.2;">not because of our sparkling wit and repartee then... Wink</span>

wow!! You are now gonna be known to me as 'Clive Dean.'   
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2014 at 23:35
Had a brief and nice conversation with Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, OSI, Chroma Key) and discussed how it was a good idea that he left DT to become an independent unique artist. Very cool guy and wicked smart!
I've also met and shook the hand of Max Cavalera of Soulfly (ex-Sepultura.)
I also still to this day talk regularly with Adam Petersen of The Passionate Few ( formerly known as Seventh Circle.)
We even play 'words with friends' very often. And yes. I kick his ass! . Great guy and he is ERIC CLAYTON's of Saviour Machine best friend. Adam is in charge of all things Saviour Machine and has hooked me up with so many cool rarities of Saviour machine memorabilia. :)

That's pretty much it. I have to say that I'd really get along with about 90% of all my musical heroes. They seem like incredibly cool people. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234