Edited by akamaisondufromage - August 01 2014 at 16:53
Help me I'm falling!
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 17:28
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

"The more I analyze the human race, the more I love my dog" Mme de Stael

That's unfair. Give a dog the ability to understand how effective your new advanced weapons can purify and clean up a place from invasive ugly postmen, he'll probably rush on them.

Now can cybernetics / natural selection cleanse next generations from the biomecanics of potentially tagging others as unbearable and "must be annihilated" (like when someone pushes the one too many button) ?
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 17:53
John McCain would like to get us into more wars.  They don't have to be "Great"...
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 13:11
Originally posted by jayem jayem wrote:

Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

"The more I analyze the human race, the more I love my dog" Mme de Stael

That's unfair. Give a dog the ability to understand how effective your new advanced weapons can purify and clean up a place from invasive ugly postmen, he'll probably rush on them.

Now can cybernetics / natural selection cleanse next generations from the biomecanics of potentially tagging others as unbearable and "must be annihilated" (like when someone pushes the one too many button) ?

That's unclear. What do you mean, precisely? En francais, peut-etre? Wink

Edited by tszirmay - August 01 2014 at 13:12
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 15:50
Your're right it's really an awkward post ! The french translate reads awkward as well:

First section

"Plus j'analyse la race humaine, plus j'aime mon chien" Mme de Staël 

C'est injuste. Donnez à un chien la capacité de comprendre comment vos [ "vos": pour autant que l'interlocuteur soit citoyen d'une nation puissante qui fabrique des armes h-tech] nouvelles armes sophistiquées peuvent purifier et "nettoyer" un endroit de vilains facteurs [employés de poste] envahissants, il [le chien] va probablement se précipiter sur elles  [lesdites armes] ."

(Donc on résumé on donne une arme à un chien, et s'il sait l'utiliser il dégommera tous les employés de poste qu'il voit !)

So it means: give a dog a weapon, if he can use it he'll fire at every postman he sees.

Second section

"Cela dit: la cybernétique / la sélection naturelle peu(ven)t-elle(s) soulager les prochaines générations [humaines] du bio-mécanisme d'étiqueter d'autres personnes comme "insupportables" ou "doit être annihilée" (comme cela arrive lorsque quelqu'un presse le bouton de trop)"

Peut-on par la science (la cybernétique) débarrasser l'humanité de ses pulsions de mort, ou du sentiment que des gens ou des choses puissent paraître insupportables ? À moins que la sélection naturelle ne s'en charge: les futures mamans et papas seraient incapables de trouver quiconque insupportable et de vouloir l'éliminer; ou de trouver une situation insupportable et de vouloir se suicider.

(Can science eradicate humanity from its deadly impulses, or from the feeling that people or things come across as unbearable ? Or else natural selection would do the job, so that future mums and dads would be unable to consider anybody as unbearable to the extent they want to bump him/her off; or to the extent  they'd be pushed to suicide by anything.)

Thanks for that second chance ! How many tries do I get ?...
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 16:07
[QUOTE = Jayem]
Your're right it's really an awkward post! The french translate reads awkward as well:

First section

"The more I analyze the human race, the more I love my dog" Madame de Staël 

This is unfair. Give a dog's ability to understand how your  ["your" as long as the person is a citizen of a powerful nation that produces h-tech weapons]  new sophisticated weapons can purify and "cleanse" a naughty place factors [postal workers] pervasive, it [the dog] will probably rush on them  [such weapons] . "

(So ​​we summary is given a weapon to a dog, and he knows how to use it dégommera all employees post it shows!)

So it means: give a dog a weapon, if he can use it he'll fire at every  postman he Sees.

Second section

"That said, cybernetics / natural selection bit (Fri) Does (s) relieve future generations [human] bio-mechanism to label others as "unbearable" or "must be annihilated" (as this happens when someone presses the button too) "

Can the science (cybernetics) rid humanity of his death instincts, or feeling that people or things may seem unbearable? Unless natural selection is supported: the future moms and dads would be unable to find anyone unbearable and want to eliminate it; or find an unbearable situation and wanting to commit suicide.

(Can Eradicate science icts humanity from deadly impulses, or from the feeling That people or things come across as unbearable? Or else natural selection Would do the job, so mums and dads future That Would Be Unable to Consider anybody as unbearable to the extent They want to bump him / her off, or to the extent they'd be pushed to suicide by anything).

Thanks for That second luck! How many tries do I get? ...
[/ QUOTE]

How many official languages in Suisse? Wink
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 16:45
It's not three, it's four: although romansch language has never been used (as far as I know) on swiss supermarket products like the three others, kids are still being taught in romansch in canton of Graubünden.

Edited by jayem - August 02 2014 at 08:39
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 16:57
Let's hope we don't see another GREAT WAR in our lifetimes....Ouch
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 16:57
Originally posted by jayem jayem wrote:

It's not three, it's four: although romanch language has never been used (as far as I know) on swiss supermarket products like the three others, kids are still being taught in romanch in canton of Graubünden.
Yes, I knew that because I was educated in St-Gallen , so I know all about your homeland. Clap
Since I am fluent in the other three, I would love to learn romansch! LOL

Edited by tszirmay - August 01 2014 at 16:58
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2014 at 13:37
Ah..."Romansh". "Romansch"...OK.

I admire your talent for speaking languages, then.

Now I still find your de Stael quote to be unfair. Give a dog a weapon, if he can use it he'll fire at every postman he sees.

Edited by jayem - August 02 2014 at 15:56
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2014 at 13:59
The point is not about a dog's intelligence but his devotion. What I call unconditional love. 

If you tell your wife/girlfriend that you will be home at 6pm and you show up at 3am , drunk like s kunk, you will pay dearly.
If you tell your dog that you will be home at 6pm and you show up at 3am , drunk like a skunk, you will be licked from head to head, happy that you are home. 

Mark Twain also used a variation on Mme de Stael's quote. 
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2014 at 14:44
I don't believe love to be separate from emotional/analytical intelligence: "I hear a noise...That smell I built my sense of belonging to a team on...MY MASTER !! The life in Him...The familiar taste of His skin...I won't be alone anymore...SO good !!"

The loving dog would allow himself to lick my face, covering it with his saliva. It can be felt as uncomfortable, but he won't care. Also the dog didn't understand that, as a drunk man, I may end up in jail and he'd be left alone for long, by my fault. Give him the intelligence to understand that, and I'm not sure he'll rejoice the same.

Also let's consider female dog's mating availability: an average of two mating periods a year isn't much is it.

I find de Stael / likers unfair, because I suspect they've been partial in analyzing both dogs and the human race.

Edited by jayem - August 02 2014 at 14:47
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2014 at 14:48
I am not a MMe de Stael liker, I just feel that its a quote (which can be debated ad infinitum) that can be used when the human condition raises its head. 
How about Einstein's quote "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" ? 

jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2014 at 15:00
Of course I won't like Einstein's quote better, because it'd tend to get me down.

Not that I'm particularly proud to be a human, for sure !!

Thanks for your answers and time...

Edited by jayem - August 02 2014 at 15:57
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12