Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTAAB VS. CTTE !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Which do you like better: TAAB or CTTE?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
36 [42.35%]
49 [57.65%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: TAAB VS. CTTE !!
    Posted: September 21 2014 at 20:16
CTTE is one of my favorite symphonic "prog" albums, although not the most favorite. As for the TAAB, I get the concept and appreciate the humor, but do not like what's going on after the title song.  
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2014 at 21:33
Originally posted by dr prog dr prog wrote:

Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I know almost half the albums listed here, and no, none of them are even close to CttE. Well, perhaps Thick as a Brick is the closer one, but it's still got it's share of bits that I don't like so much.

I reckon half the people in here are brainwashed. To say those albums don't come close. There's nothing between them. Lots of great composing and musicianship on each of those albums. I just think there is less filler on the albums I listed.

No, I was not brainwashed to think that CttE is better than the albums I know from the list. I've just heard them and don't like them as much, which is my personal opinion, just as it's yours to like those albums better. I could come with a list of my own from albums that I like better, or at least just about the same (yeah, I guess about the same would be more acurate, since CttE is already at the top of my favs).
To begin with, Fragile from themselves is very close to it already.
From Rick Wakeman I would put Six Wives and Arthur.
From King Crimson I very easily go with the debut over Poseidon. Poseidon for me sounds like a less inspired attempt at repeating the formula from the first album, and in every equivalent part of the album I prefer the one from the debut.
From Pink Floyd I can go with Dark Side, WYWH, Animals, and Division Bell.
Inferno from Metamorfosi.
Hamburger Concerto from Focus.
Mirage from Camel (over Moonmadness).
Script from a Jesters Tear from Marillion.
Hybris from Anglagard.
The Whirwind from Transatlantic.
The Raven that Refused to Sing, from Steven Wilson.

And I'm missing some other albums that I could put here.
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2014 at 18:27

I know almost half the albums listed here, and no, none of them are even close to CttE. Well, perhaps Thick as a Brick is the closer one, but it's still got it's share of bits that I don't like so much.

I reckon half the people in here are brainwashed. To say those albums don't come close. There's nothing between them. Lots of great composing and musicianship on each of those albums. I just think there is less filler on the albums I listed.

Edited by dr prog - September 10 2014 at 18:28
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2014 at 22:49
Originally posted by CosmicVibration CosmicVibration wrote:

Is there a better masterpiece than CTTE? I have not heard any yet… Granted, some get extremely close. But still, they did not surpass the stunning creation by Yes that is Close to the Edge.

I agree 100% Cosmic---this is new musical sound that is like no other---and sounds fresh today after all these years--that can not be said for the albums on that list. But to each their own.Smile
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2014 at 21:17

QUOTE=CosmicVibration]
<p ="Msonormal">Is there a better masterpiece than CTTE? I have not heard
any yet… Granted, some get extremely close. But still, they did not surpass the
stunning creation by Yes that is Close to the Edge.

I can pick 10 off the top of my head

Tull-TAAB
Samurai-samurai
Magma-wurdah itah
Camel-Moonmadness
Hatfield-rotters club
Caravan-grey and pink
Gentle giant-power and glory
Hawkwind-astounding sounds
Oblivion express-better land
Van der graaf-h to he
Rush-hemispheres
Greenslade-greenslade
King crimson-Poseidon
Ronnie foster-on the avenue

<!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!-->

<p ="Msonormal">Nice list, a couple are in the neighborhood but most do not
even come close.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">  </span>CTTE still stands as #1
in my head.

<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DonotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
   <w:BreakWrappedTables/>
   <w:SnapToGridInCell/>
   <w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
   <w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
   <w:DontGrowAutofit/>
   <w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
   <w:EnableKerning/>
   <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
   <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
   <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
   <m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
   <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/>
   <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
   <m:dispDef/>
   <m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
   <m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
   <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
   <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
   <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
   <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true"    DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99"    LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="caption"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Strong"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
     {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
     mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
     mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
     mso-style-noshow:yes;
     mso-style-priority:99;
     mso-style-parent:"";
     mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
     mso-para-margin-top:0in;
     mso-para-margin-right:0in;
     mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
     mso-para-margin-left:0in;
     line-height:115%;
     mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
     font-size:11.0pt;
     font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
     mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
     mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
     mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
     mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

<!-->[/QUOTE]

CosmicVibration View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2014 at 09:08

QUOTE=CosmicVibration]

Tull-TAAB
Samurai-samurai
Magma-wurdah itah
Camel-Moonmadness
Hatfield-rotters club
Caravan-grey and pink
Van der graaf-h to he
Rush-hemispheres
Greenslade-greenslade
King crimson-Poseidon

[/QUOTE]

Nice list, a couple are in the neighborhood but most do not even come close.  CTTE still stands as #1 in my head.

dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 18:25

Tull-TAAB
Samurai-samurai
Magma-wurdah itah
Camel-Moonmadness
Hatfield-rotters club
Caravan-grey and pink
Van der graaf-h to he
Rush-hemispheres
Greenslade-greenslade
King crimson-Poseidon

Edited by dr prog - September 10 2014 at 18:22
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
Zenbadger View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 03:46
Originally posted by dellinger dellinger wrote:

Actually, I guess it would be much easier to find a fan of Metal music who would end up disliking Iron Maiden

Good luck with that...

CTTE got me into prog. Clear winner.

Edited by Zenbadger - September 08 2014 at 03:49
proggman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 23:28

Jethro Tull, Thick as a Brick.

When he rides, my fears subside.
For darkness turns once more to light.
Through the skies, his white horse flies.
To find a land beyond the night.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2014 at 09:55
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Foxtrot
Naaaah, I much prefer Selling. Godbluff's another prog pinnacle candidate, as far as I'm concerned.

Okay.
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2014 at 16:09
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Foxtrot
Naaaah, I much prefer Selling. Godbluff's another prog pinnacle candidate, as far as I'm concerned.
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2014 at 08:55
love close to the edge but

Really don't mind if you sit this one out
Prog On!
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2014 at 08:39

Originally posted by O666 O666 wrote:

Thank you Dellinger. Honestly my English is not good and sometimes its make me mistake.Few days before octopus wrote a comment  about mike oldfield's Tubular Bells and use "Fillers" word in long tracks or epic or... and I saw this for first time. I like this "Filler" and after that I listened to some of long tracks or epics again with "Filler" poin of view and .....
This is all about fillers. I don't want to waste your time and I hope you understand me. I care about PA members and I don't want to disturb any one in PA forum. Perhaps sometimes we discuss hard about our opinion and attack to each other but this is about music. Thank you again my friend. 

It's good to know that we are OK, and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. But however, even if it was not my intention, I even managed to make at leas one more user believe that you did were trying to impersonate Mosh

Thumbs Up
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 22:54

Thank you Dellinger. Honestly my English is not good and sometimes its make me mistake.Few days before octopus wrote a comment  about mike oldfield's Tubular Bells and use "Fillers" word in long tracks or epic or... and I saw this for first time. I like this "Filler" and after that I listened to some of long tracks or epics again with "Filler" poin of view and .....
This is all about fillers. I don't want to waste your time and I hope you understand me. I care about PA members and I don't want to disturb any one in PA forum. Perhaps sometimes we discuss hard about our opinion and attack to each other but this is about music. Thank you again my friend. 

It's good to know that we are OK, and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. But however, even if it was not my intention, I even managed to make at leas one more user believe that you did were trying to impersonate Mosh
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 13:11
Foxtrot
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 12:52
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

I've grown a bit tired of TaaB (although it's been a while since I played it now), while CttE (or any other Yes album, for that matter) I've never been a huge fan of, so no vote.

Perhaps I should revisit both soon?
Gave them both a listen last night. I agree with those who say TaaB part two is weaker than part one, but, IMO, CttE's got parts that doesn't hold up, too.

Not much between them, as far as I'm concerned, but I'm more acquainted with TaaB, so it gets my vote.

Although I consider both masterpieces, none of them are what I consider the pinnacle of the prog genre. A Passion Play or Red on the other hand...
CosmicVibration View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 10:21

Is there a better masterpiece than CTTE? I have not heard any yet… Granted, some get extremely close. But still, they did not surpass the stunning creation by Yes that is Close to the Edge.

O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 09:44
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 21:16

Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

TAAB would be great if 20 minutes length. To me is full of fillers. CTTE is completely consistent. No one can call "And You And I" filler.
The best Tull album for me is Aqualung

Hi. 
Hmm..."Fillers" again. Honestly this "Filler" made me to note (zoom) to long tracks with this point of view again and its change my opinion about some of them (long track or epic or ...). I think "Filler" theory! "CAN" be a good measure for analysis some tracks or songs or ...but its not work for everything!! Sometimes one song or Album may have powerful musical structure or another perfect musical elements without using "perfect fillers" or perfect using of "Fillers"!!
I mean there are more important measures to analysis and review music than "Filler" but in many case you can't ignore that. "When" and "Where" are 2 good words for ranking "Filler" value in one good analysis(IMO). I really hope you understand me. Thanks.

OK, I just found a pair of flaws in your impersonation. Moshkito wouldn't so easily let something change his opinion, I believe. Nor do I think the would begin a post with an expression like "mmm"... and you missed an opinion about something related to expressing some songs as filler is just sad. Perhaps he would have said that the artist surely doesn't write material thinking to make it filler, and that it's just sad that we can't apreciate and understand what they were trying to say, etc.

MISUNDERSTANDING!! You don't know my opinion. I like "Filler" theory. I cant understand your opinion. I cant understand why you are angry with me?!!!!

Indeed now I think this was a huge misunderstandinf on my part. Hey, I'm really sorry, just, because of a few details on the way you posted, it seemed to me that you were fooling around imitating Moshkito, and I tried to join in the fooling around. I meant absolutley no offense towards you nor towards Moshkito (and actually I NEVER post anything with the intention of offending anyone), and I'm really sorry if either of you took it the wrong way (even though I rather doubt Moshkito even saw this posts). Now this is what happens to me for assuming things wrongly
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 10:06

Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

TAAB would be great if 20 minutes length. To me is full of fillers. CTTE is completely consistent. No one can call "And You And I" filler.
The best Tull album for me is Aqualung

Hi. 
Hmm..."Fillers" again. Honestly this "Filler" made me to note (zoom) to long tracks with this point of view again and its change my opinion about some of them (long track or epic or ...). I think "Filler" theory! "CAN" be a good measure for analysis some tracks or songs or ...but its not work for everything!! Sometimes one song or Album may have powerful musical structure or another perfect musical elements without using "perfect fillers" or perfect using of "Fillers"!!
I mean there are more important measures to analysis and review music than "Filler" but in many case you can't ignore that. "When" and "Where" are 2 good words for ranking "Filler" value in one good analysis(IMO). I really hope you understand me. Thanks.

OK, I just found a pair of flaws in your impersonation. Moshkito wouldn't so easily let something change his opinion, I believe. Nor do I think the would begin a post with an expression like "mmm"... and you missed an opinion about something related to expressing some songs as filler is just sad. Perhaps he would have said that the artist surely doesn't write material thinking to make it filler, and that it's just sad that we can't apreciate and understand what they were trying to say, etc.

MISUNDERSTANDING!! You don't know my opinion. I like "Filler" theory. I cant understand your opinion. I cant understand why you are angry with me?!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>