Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Motorsport Thread 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 08:10
Next race is in Austin, Texas. Mexico comes after that, and the Mexico City track generally puts on a good race regardless of catagory racing.

I don't think Rosberg gets any extra support over Hamilton, he's just had slightly worse luck regarding reliability this year. Last year it was Hamilton who had the worst of it and he still won then, he's just generally a better driver.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 08:21
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

I don't think Rosberg gets any extra support over Hamilton, he's just had slightly worse luck regarding reliability this year. Last year it was Hamilton who had the worst of it and he still won then, he's just generally a better driver.

I think this is the more accurate assessment.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 08:27

I read in magazine Mexico is first and austin is last (I guess 3 race remain to end of season. If I mistake please correct me). Now about Rosberg. I mean Hamilton gets EXTRA support over Rosberg (IMO) not Roseberg over Hamilton. I don't agree with you about Hamilton. In last match, Vetel drive faster than Hamiton in last 1/3 of race. This is a opinion and as I said before I am Vetel huge fan.

Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 10:31
Hamilton was actually told over the radio to slow down as they had worries over the tail. That's the only reason. Hamilton is lucky? Really? Last year Rosberg had the better luck with reliability and Hamilton still won. This year things have gone more against Rosberg and he's not even second in the table. As for Vettel, there's one guy who definitely does have more support from his team
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 10:53
I agree about vettel. I talk about this year not last year. I like vettel style. Hamilton or any other drivers win all of races , I am Vettel fan. Hamilton is a great driver with no dubt and He will win (he win) this season and he deserve to win. Honestly I am not his fan and I never forget Hungary raceWink
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 11:26
I guess you know F1 calendar 2015 but I write here :
25 October : Austin
01 November : Mexico City
15 November : Sao Paulo
29 November : Abu Dhabi

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 05:54
Yeah, Hamilton had some problem with the rear wing (was told not to use the DRS at least) and since he was nearly 20s to the good he coasted to the finish. I don't think Vettel gets any preferential treatment at Ferrari either, he's an excellent driver and Raikkonen is so far past his best that it's not needed.

O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 11:26
Yes you right. I can't understand Raikkonen's act in the end of the race!! I have a question about DRS:
When drivers allow to use DRS and when they can't use? I heard that they are not allowed to use DRS at any time.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2015 at 13:00
Most tracks have 2 DRS zones (some, like Monaco, have 1) down their longest straights and a driver can use it whenever they are within 1 second of the car infront at the detection point (which tends to be just before the preceeding corner) or at any time during qualifying. In the race the zones are active from the 3rd lap of the race onwards and are de activated during a safety car period or there's a yellow flag in the area of the DRS zone.

O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2015 at 13:08
^ Thanks sooooooooooooo much Sleeper. Thumbs Up
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2015 at 21:26
Looks like Mags will head elsewhere after this season, but will he land with another F1 team?  McLaren seems to be getting quite a bit of flack from this, but this is probably for the best for Mags' career, if he can get with another F1 team. 

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/magnussen-q-a-mclaren-split-was-on-my-birthday-via-email/
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2015 at 19:07
Spectacular race from Austin today, Lewis wins to become world champion but had to work hard for it and great races from Verstappen in 4th and Button in 6th.

O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2015 at 13:42

Great Race. Very exciting. Hamilton deserve to won this race. He showed his high skill level last night. Now he is 3 times world champion.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2015 at 17:11
Hey, so uh...Jeff Gordon picked up his 93rd win at Martinsville today!!!  It's a great day!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2015 at 22:18
A very bittersweet day as the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup season and, more importantly, Jeff Gordon's career comes to a close.  He ended up finishing 6th and 3rd in the championship, but he's still retiring on top, as a champ and a legend.  Not too many drivers (or athletes, in general) can say that.  He can, though!

But, despite Jeff not winning the championship, I'm very pumped to say that Kyle Busch is now a NASCAR Sprint Cup champion!  He passed Keselowski on the final restart and drove away as Harvick moved to 2nd.  Coming back from injury and winning FIVE times and claiming his first Cup championship, he's very deserving of this.  And, having been a fan of his since before his Cup career got started and through all of the BS he's been involved in, I'm feeling vindicated for sticking with him.  Such an awesome day!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2015 at 23:42
I like Kyle, he's an awesome driver, and definitely deserves to be a champion. That said...this system is a f**king joke. How someone who raced in 11 fewer races than everyone else can be considered the best driver of the year is outrageous. I know it won't, but hopefully this proves just how awful a system they have in place right now.

I will also miss Gordon out there next year (if I ever watch). All time legend for sure.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2015 at 05:55
Have to agree with Hatman here, as excellent a driver as Busch is it's a bit of a joke that he's champion after missing a 3rd of the championship.

On a better note, Webber, Bernhard and Hartley won the World Endurance Championship at the weekend, just edging out Lotterer, Treluyer and Fassler for the title.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2015 at 00:20
Oh, I completely agree that the system is a bit of a joke.  I guess I feel okay about his championship despite missing 11 races due to the fact that he at least won 5 races throughout the season and accomplished more than most even with missing all of those races.  Had he barely backed into the Chase and then won, then I'd feel a little worse about.  Fact is, NASCAR ruined their points system in 2004 with the Chase and they've progressively made it worse, so I've been pretty numb to the dumbness of it all.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2015 at 21:56
Wow. Been so busy with school, work, and trying to sleep in between I became a ghost. 

No shocker but congrats to Lewis on the title! 3rd by age 30. 
Pressure on him was immense but seems he has, after all, become one of the all time greats. 

At least Nico made me feel good by capping it with 3 winsLOL
Here's to 2016!

Very cool indeed to see Webber and co win the WECClap

NASCAR: Yeah, it's a travesty. I know I know...old gripes, but I really didn't like the Chase, and seems every change made it worse. 
The chase is inherently unfair, and I think means the best driver wouldn't always win, and I believe that has happened. 2007: Gordon has 30 top 10s out of 36 races, and doesn't win the title? Or Stewart, he's always been one of my favorite drivers, but he really should not have won that 2011 title. It's sad. 

I gotta agree with all above, not a knock on Busch (who I thought would've won a title long before) but him winning is a bit ludicrous 

Edited by JJLehto - December 16 2015 at 22:04
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324