Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMy new band, The ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new band, The ID
    Posted: February 13 2015 at 14:30
I would like to suggest my new band "The ID" and our album IDiocracy, look us up on the web and please give us a listen. 

My band "Centrifuge" and personal music page "Sven".
My band page
My personal music
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2015 at 15:10
A link to the actual music is generally considered helpful.

I tracked down what I presume is your Soundcloud?
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
moogprodigy View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2015 at 15:11
Yes, thats us. I tried to put a link to iTunes, but it didn't let me. 
My band page
My personal music
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2015 at 15:32
Well, As Olav suggests above, the idea of this forum is that you give us a bit of info, samples of your music etc to make the job of the evaluation teams a bit easier...but if you insist on making us do it the hard way:

The Id is an e-Band in the truest sense comprising of the following members:-
Peter Albrektsen - Toronto Canada: Guitars, Keyboards, Drums
Tim Pepper - Snodland, Kent, England: Lead and backing vocals, Keyboards, Drum programming
Bill Sjulin - Cincinatti Ohio: Production, Engineering, Guitars, Keyboards, Drums and Bass
Idiocracy is the ID's debut offering and is a concept album telling of humanity's descent into nuclear Armageddon. The album's subtitle is 'The Nuclear Suite'.

Track explanation:-
1. Power And The Greed - Tells of those in power's lack of empathy for the common man, Instead those in power just look at feeding their own interests.
2. Wide Of The Mark - This song tells how the love between the superpowers is wide of the mark. It could also be taken, in isolation, on an individual level with regard to a personal relationship.
3. Will The Future Hold? - With relationships deteriorating the album 'narrator' wonders if the future will see peace or war.
4. Attack - The unthinkable happens.
5. Epitaph - Tells of the immediate aftermath of the attack.
6. Now That You're Loving Me - Those remaining realise the error of their ways and the reconciliation begins. Again this song could be interpreted on an individual relationship level.
7. Reprise (Give Peace Its Day) - The 'narrator' thinks back to the awful day of the attack.
8. Ending/Outro - The 'narrator' starts looking forward with hope for a brand new dawn for Mankind.

Songs from the album have already been played on internet rock stations.

As well as the soundcloud link there is:

The music sounds excellent, so I'm sure one of our evaluation teams will eventually pick up on this thread. What sub genre would you yourself expect to be included in on progarchives? Maybe you could include it in the topic title - and your suggestion would probably be acted upon a whole lot quicker. Big smile

I looked for some YouTube samples to embed in this reply, but found only one - that you uploaded about a month ago...all of 6 seconds long! All tracks can be heard on reverbnation and soundcloud though, so no worries in that respect.

Now we just sit back and wait... Tongue

Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2015 at 15:39
A word of advice for other band projects you might decide to toss in here: A full albums worth of samples is usually required. Most artists do so through the streaming solution provided by Bandcamp, which is also a nice platform to use for selling the music digitally. Soundcloud works just as well, just link to it. Spotify usually works too, although this is a bit more cumbersome as that service is available in a limited set of countries, and often with limitations to what countries the music is available in as well. iTunes isn't all that helpful for a possible addition case, as they limit prelistening to 90 seconds long samples.

If you want to get a higher profile, besides being all over the torrent networks (from what I could see) and downloaded by poor fans in South America, Eastern Europe and music hoarders who collect but rarely listen, I'd suggest getting in touch with the progstreaming website. to see if they would be willing to feature your album.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
sublime220 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2015 at 17:53
Wow, I actually like a lot of this stuff. Good luck man. I shall be sure to mention you when people request artists.
There is no dark side in the moon, really... Matter of fact, it's all dark...
sublime220 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2015 at 18:00
Another thing I noticed, when I went to buy the album, it's $10 for the album but only a dollar for each of the eight songs, which isn't good for you guys as people will usually just buy each indivually. I will buy the album since I like this very much but I would recommend changing it somehow.
There is no dark side in the moon, really... Matter of fact, it's all dark...
moogprodigy View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2015 at 21:09
Thank you sublime220 for buying the album. I can't say how much it means to us. This is our first album together, and with the positive feedback we have been getting from people like yourself, we are motivated to make another, even better album. (It is currently in the works) Yam Yam was asking about our sub-genre. Not sure, but I guess neo-prog. Our obvious influences are Genesis and IQ. Thanks for the support! 

Peter A 

My band page
My personal music
Timbo61 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2015 at 01:12
Hi. I'm Tim, the ID's singer. I guess the other thing to add is that the three members of the band have never met.

Come to think of it, we've never even spoken on the phone yet! All of the music we've produced is via e-mail and Dropbox!
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2015 at 05:27
nothing what I would be proud of explicitly, as I do prefer face-to-face relationships, but nevertheless you have my deep respect Thumbs Up

kev rowland View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2015 at 19:31
Originally posted by moogprodigy moogprodigy wrote:

I would like to suggest my new band "The ID" and our album IDiocracy, look us up on the web and please give us a listen. 
Guys, please follow the advice of Yam Yam and Windhawk when submitting new threads into this topic, makes it a lot easier for the teams to check which bands they need to be evaluating. I popped my nose into this thread to see if it was one for us (Crossover) or someone else, and I still don't know without playing some of your music - which I can't do at present as I am evaluating someone else while I am typing this.

It makes it much easier if you can suggest a genre team in the title - then we can all pick up and run with the ones that are for us. Thanks
All five volumes of The Progressive Underground now available
https://www.amazon.com/Kev-Rowland/e/B07RJVRB2X
apps79 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2015 at 05:41
Added to Neo: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9338

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio
 Post Reply Post Reply