Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Worst' track on...Moving Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which is your LEAST fave?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [6.25%]
4 [8.33%]
1 [2.08%]
12 [25.00%]
7 [14.58%]
10 [20.83%]
11 [22.92%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2016 at 03:50
Still The Camera Eye. No problems with length but I don't think the arrangement was done as well - it could flow a bit more fluently. This is the most damning criticism I could find.

And just because one hears a track too often is NOT the fault of the track.

Pretty good follow up to the immaculate Permanent Waves.
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2016 at 20:19
Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

Limelight. As a 35+ year Rush fan, it's one of those tracks I've heard so many times that I never need to hear it again. Tom sawyer is like that as well.

Camera Eye is an experience in and of itself. Put on the head phones, lay down, close your eyes and just melt into it. It's my favorite song on the album with Red Barchetta a close second.

Agree with you on Camera Eye!
Z
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2016 at 20:58
Vital Signs for me but it's still pretty damn good
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

snowsnow View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2016 at 03:30
I voted Camera Eye - because it lacks any real dynamic for me.

But I still like it - the weakest track is still decent - great album.

Moving Pictures reminds me of Going for the One - a great album but the last great one after an impressive run of consecutive masterpieces.

Edited by snowsnow - September 06 2016 at 13:00
King Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2016 at 12:07
I actually love every track. If I really have to name one track I like a little less than the rest it is Witch Hunt
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2016 at 17:22
Limelight. That's why it's on the radio more often than the others.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
TexasKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2016 at 15:40
For me Vital Signs is definitely the weakest track. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2016 at 15:48
HAH!!  the whole damned album.. and toss the OP in... and as bonus...  a forum purge of Rushfans...LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2016 at 15:57
You'd be lost without me Micky.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2016 at 16:02
Heart I'd exempt you from the reeducation camps...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2016 at 16:14
I don't understand the question........
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2016 at 16:19
there is no question.. .only drawing up lists of exemptions from the Rush reeducation camps....

only 2 so far

Scott.. and Tony R gets on in absentia... 
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2016 at 16:28
I believe that my esteemed colleague Jose is referring to the OP's question.  As in there isn't a "Worse" song on Moving Pictures because they are all excellent because it is the best album ever recorded in the history of mankind.

Edited by rushfan4 - November 16 2016 at 16:28
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2016 at 16:30
LOL  calling bullsh*t on you there man... Thumbs Up

PALEPOLI!!!!!  the best album ever made.. hah...
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2016 at 09:37
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I believe that my esteemed colleague Jose is referring to the OP's question.  As in there isn't a "Worse" song on Moving Pictures because they are all excellent because it is the best album ever recorded in the history of mankind.

I knew you were a smart man Scott........Clap
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2016 at 12:20
Limelight is "winning" really? That's one of my favorites from that album. I never get tired of that one because it's catchy as hell. Yeah, it's been overplayed but for good reason. I chose "vital signs" because it's just boring to me. 
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2016 at 12:25
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I'm going for Witch Hunt. And it's on-par with the last track - but because the tracks before it are insanely brilliant, I take those last 2 tracks as a winding-down (as opposed to a let-down). The immaculate production (to my ears, especially for the time) saves it from being anything less than a wonderful album.
Totally agree. They are still great songs though.

Maybe I need to hear "vital signs" 100 more times to appreciate it and then again maybe not. I wouldn't say it's a great track. I wouldn't even say it's a good track. In my opinion it's an ok track. Not good not bad just ok. It is the weakest link on the album though(at least for me). Witch Hunt I like a lot because I like the synth break and I like the fake mob scene in the beginning. It might not be as good as "Camera Eye" or "Tom Sawyer" but I still think it's a pretty strong track. I actually probably like it as much as "Red Barchetta" if not more so.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2016 at 12:34
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Limelight is "winning" really? That's one of my favorites from that album. I never get tired of that one because it's catchy as hell. Yeah, it's been overplayed but for good reason. I chose "vital signs" because it's just boring to me. 

Edited by Jeffro - November 17 2016 at 12:35
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2018 at 02:36
Vital Signs

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12