Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBug list no. 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bug list no. 1
    Posted: September 24 2005 at 14:52

Hi M@X,

Just a few small bugs that I have spotted when posting reviews or browsing albums the Archives:

1. “Concerto Grosso N.1” is the wrong title in the Archives for a NEW TROLLS album. The correct title is “Concerto Grosso Per I New Trolls”.
  2. NEW TROLLS’ “Concerto Grosso N.1” and “Concerto Grosso N. II” are listed in the Archives as live albums. In fact they are both studio albums.
  3. On the Archives page that describes the various genres of Prog Rock, under the heading “The genres of progressive rock music”, the first sentence is “A planet where quite much progressive music played in earth”. This is not correct English and I’m not sure what it is supposed to mean.
  4. THE MARS VOLTA is currently classified as Art Rock in the Archives, but on the Archives page which describes the various genres of Prog Rock they are discussed under the Progressive Metal heading: “A good single example of the genre's diversity is The Mars Volta, who have successfully joined progressive metal and hardcore, genres which 10 years ago were opposites of each other in every way.” (Is this taken from the Wikipedia article on Progressive Metal, which classifies THE MARS VOLTA as a Progressive Metal group?).
  5. In the text “(ratings only or wih reviews of 200 or less characters)” on each album’s page in the Archives, replace “wih” with “with”.
  6. The title of the HATFIELD AND THE NORTH album should be “The Rotters Club” and not “The Rotters Club” (the apostrophe is in the wrong place).
  7. In Line-up for the ELP DVD “Beyond The Beginning”, the entry for Greg Lake should also mention “vocals” (my mistake when I submitted the details of the DVD to the Archives, but the site won't let me fix it).
  8. The GERMINALE album “E Il Suo Respiro Ancora Agitata Le Onde” has two ratings by a Richard Hawey. Presumably he forgot he had rated the album and rated it a second time.
  9. The DREAM THEATER album “Scenes From A Memory Metropolis Part II” has two ratings by VelvetClown, and two ratings by James D Hill. Presumably they forgot they had rated the album and rated it a second time.
  10. “Albedo 039” is the wrong title for the VANGELIS album. The correct title is “Albedo 0.39”. (Already pointed out in another thread, but I'm guessing that you don't want to change it because you don't want a full stop/period in the title string?.)

MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 14:55

^ TMV aren't Prog Metal, so the article and maybe even the wikipedia are wrong.

There are quite some duplicate Velvetclown ratings in the database ... I guess sh*t happens.

Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 15:08

I have amended points:

1,2,6 and 7

Joren View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 06:07
I will take a look and do what I can. But I only have access to album info, not other texts on the website, or ratings. So I can't do anything about that... The subgenre for The Mars Volta has been discussed like a 100 times already...
 Post Reply Post Reply