Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Song of the week

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2020 at 09:19
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Originally posted by Jaketejas Jaketejas wrote:

Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

I have now listened both new pieces Grumpy & Paul put here, both are not bad, but not my beef at all. There is new music I really love and could put here, but when I have mentioned those bands in PA, there has come very little or not at all response. Specially Finnish bands seems to interest very little people (I know there are few fans of Finnish prog in PA). So I think for me to put some new song here is just waste of time, also listening new stuff from Grumpy or Paul, just because we have so different music tastes.

Go for it! Put “Song of the Week #2” as the thread like Grumpy said, and we’ll take a gander at it. My problem is that I don’t listen to a whole lot of music beyond 1989, let alone 2000, mainly because I don’t understand a lot of it. But, I can lend you my ears and keep an open mind. I usually try to find at least some positive aspects in music of any genre, but like anyone I do have my faves. I generally care more about composition and phrasing rather than who has the best voice, etc., (the crap you’d find on talent shows). I love how songs are put together and like variety.
Well, this was Grumpys thread and he closed this. So I think you should really start another thread if you want me to put something here. If you really do it, it can take me a while when I join that, got some "Summer-busy" at the moment. I am not going to start new thread, I have started all kinds of threads enough this moment.

I’m kind of in the same boat. Maybe we should try the interactive polls, although I’m not sure how they work to be quite honest. I see a bunch of letters there arranged in a vertical pattern and it seems like a cross between some sort of Prog Sudoku and Music Pub Trivia. Can someone please explain it to me in simple terms?
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 01:02
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Originally posted by Jaketejas Jaketejas wrote:

ZZ Top! Amazing Texas blues/rock band that managed to transition into the 80s by adding keyboards no less. Funny, because that’s often an aspect of prog but no one really classifies them that way. Favorite songs: Jesus Just Left Chicago, Waitin’ for the Bus, Just Got Paid, La Grange and Sharp Dressed Man.

Sharp Dressed Man is my ZZ Top of the Pops too! Thumbs Up

Clap Chris Evans played that on his Virgin Radio breakfast show on Friday morning along with Zep's Black Dog and also this great song

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2020 at 01:19
This is my all-time favourite Billy Joel song and video.....

A Matter of Trust

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123