Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV shows you most recently finished watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 495051
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2024 at 06:44
^The Mrs and I totally cracked up over that one. Some fine prosthetic work to be sure.

Edited by JD - April 15 2024 at 06:45
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2024 at 17:42
Big smile
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2024 at 10:45
Got the last episode (8) of Fallout to watch tonight. I've loved the whole thing - brilliant TV 9/10

Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2024 at 17:08
^ I picked the wrong time to pause my Amazon subscription by the looks of it.

Watched the first 2 episodes of a 6 episode limted series called Regime starring Kate Winslet. She plays a petty dictator of a fictional European country. I've no idea what the point of this is. If anyone can convince me it's worth continuing with please let me know.

Something that should be right up the street of many here is a new BBC comedy called Mammoth. It stars comedian and actor Mike Bubbins as a PE teacher who 'dies' during a school ski trip in the 70's but is then brought back to life and goes back to do his same job, only to find he is completely out of touch with the modern woke attitudes and rules. Lots of belly laughs in the first episode.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2024 at 12:47
Constellation - I'm halfway through this now (8 episodes) and at first I had no idea what was going on. As it progresses it is improving a lot. Nice to see Jonathan Banks in something other than Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul too. I suppose you could call it an intelligent Sci-Fi. Interesting.
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2024 at 06:48
Warrior -- During the Tong Wars in the late 1800s, Ah Sahm, a martial arts prodigy from China, immigrates to San Francisco and becomes a hatchet man for the most powerful tong in Chinatown.

Good production values, but a tad on the gory side. The fact that the Chinese actors all speak English (mostly) with 20th century expressions pushes it somewhat from action/crime drama into the fantasy genre.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5743796/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_8_nm_0_q_Warrio
“I don’t like country music, but I don’t mean to denigrate those who do. And for those who like country music, denigrate means to ‘put down.'” – Bob Newhart
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 07:12
Finished Constellation last night. It ended suddenly with a few loose ends so hopefully it will carry on to anther series. It's a bit mind-bending and takes some concentration to try to know what's actually going on. Good though 8/10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 495051