Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive poll team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505152
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2023 at 15:57
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

^ It doesn't suck at all, at least not to me - I like it! But this is indeed more in the interactive playlist-logic. As such, this is OK of course, but what we see with the two first IA-playlist installments is that there is hardly any exchange about the music: most participants plug their choice (at best with some contextual information), but there is hardly any commenting on them, apart from some - but very few - of the usual suspects. And I guess that listening and commenting on 25 suggestions is maybe a bit too much asked for (especially if everybody's going to put up 10-minute pieces...) to many of the participants.
This is maybe another important difference between IA-playlists and IA-polls: the quantity. More is less, maybe... and sometimes less is more!

Anyway, I like this poll, and I'll come up with some suggestions.

You do a wonderful job at commenting on the choices, but that is something that I believe that I truly suck at. I've tried, but was never satisfied with the results and didn't feel like it was appreciated by most (this is coming from someone with social anxiety). I love to read the comments, and for there to be some discussion. I'll try to be, as time permits, an attentive host. At least with one track per post it makes it easier to listen to and comment on the choices as we go along. I like to see a little more chat in these IA polls (and not just of the one-on-on kind but like group chat). A problem I have thought with these polls over the past many moons is that they lack momentum, both in suggestions and commenting on suggestions, but also conversationally it has these like awkward to me long silences.

The interaction of the participants is important to me in these polls, meaning interaction in discussion and commenting on each others choices, and that can be lacking. Not everyone has the time or is interested in that, however. What I have hoped for is some kind of communal experience that feels similar to when my friends would listen to music together as a teenager -- it's that nostalgic desire that may be what most drives me to interact at this forum.

Edited by Logan - June 27 2023 at 16:09
Just a fanboy passin' through.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2023 at 16:13
I was hoping that by having people post one track at a time, it might spur discussion/commenting of that track without having a person necessarily go through the entire playlist.
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2023 at 13:10
^ That makes perfect sense to me, George! Also, by allowing people to post only one video at a time, you keep them going. Your format is ideal for drawing attention to the IA-polls. The playlist makes the difference. You can share your music with many unlike most other threads.

Edited by Mila-13 - June 28 2023 at 14:53
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505152