this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2024 at 11:37
^ Indeed, it is...

Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

When it comes to politics and culture, Le Monde and Wikipedia are left-leaning.
Hehe, saying that they are left leaning will probably be received as hilarious by many here in France. But well, if that is your opinion, it is your opinion. Just don't take it as a given...

Quote I did not ask you to prove that God does not exist.
I know, but apparently you didn't understand the analogy: it is impossible to prove the non-existence of something/anything. Maybe it would have less "disturbed" you if I'd said that I cannot prove that the Unicorn doesn't exist...

Quote The uni-party is a description of their voting and reporting behavior.
OK, thanks. This is at least some kind of a definition (not that I agree with it, but that's another thing).

Quote You mention quite a few publications. It would take me all day to provide evidence that all the publications you mention lean left and/or are uniparty.  CNBC is pure left.
Apparently, you discredit everything you label as "left". It has been apparent to me that you prefer to filter the information that comes to you by its correspondence to your own ideological bias. That's fine if you want to comfort your own ideas, but it is not very scientific (for someone who on more than one occasion - in several trheads here on PA in these last years - has claimed to be "scientific" in her approach of things).

Quote Some of the publications you mention are uni-party or what some folks call "controlled opposition".   That said, I can show lies in any publication you mention.  Choose the publication that you think is the most accurate, and I will provide evidence that that publication lies to benefit the left.
Oh, I leave the choice up to you, because I'm confident to be able to deconstruct your "evidence"...

Quote Please point out where I use deflection to obscure the main topic and explain how it is deflection.  It's easy to make an accusation. When I make an accusation, I provide an example and explain my logic.
Well, Covid-19, Taliban, Biden's supposed Alzheimer... Not that these topics could suscitate some discussion on teetering democracies, but it is mainly distracting attention, especially in the line of our last exchanges. See the Gish gallop remark above...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2024 at 12:08
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

^Maybe you forgot that you use Gish gallops as a debating technique? Wink
But often defeated with Brandolini's Law. Tongue
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2024 at 11:55
Closing this thread as things, as usual when it comes to such topics, got heated and insulting and there have been complaints.

Here is a reminder of the Site Rules and Guidelines which everybody is expected to abide by: CLICK

Quote ...2. No Personal attacks (flaming or trolling). Keep it civil, show respect at all times for your fellow members. Disagreement, debate, even "heated" discussion is fine (though emoticons should be used to "soften" the effect of words). However, personally directed insults, denigration, etc. will not be tolerated, and will be grounds for warning and, if not stopped immediately, ejection. This applies equally to forum posts AND private messages. "Group-directed" insults and denigration (e.g., racism, sexism, ageism, etc.) also fall under this category, any such behaviour will be taken on a case by case basis. Any member who engages in continuous baiting, borderline insults, or other continuously "aggressive" behavior will be warned. Any member found to be using concurrent multiple personae (more than one profile at the same time) will be ejected from the site.

Quote 4. No Sniping. If you feel that someone has (i) baited or personally attacked you through the behaviours described in 1 or 2 above (whether in a thread or in a PM), do not engage that member in that thread, or reply to the PM. Instead, immediately send a PM to a forum moderator with details of (i) which member and (ii) which thread (please give the name of the thread, not the link) - or, if a PM, copy and paste in the text of the offending PM. The moderator will then determine what action needs to be taken (if any) and will reply to you. The moderators will try to reply to such incidents within 24 hours. In the meantime, please ignore that member and do not engage them in any way.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021