Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedprog albums for women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 09:05
Judging from my wife's taste: Pink Floyd, any of their classical albums from the seventies. And David Sylvian.
greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 18:12
Originally posted by Lunarscape Lunarscape wrote:

Wow and not including the all time female favorites RENAISSANCE. Maybe its the heavy duty drinking over Christmas, but still unforgivable. RENAISSANCE was the main gate for ladies to enter the fantastic world of prog. I still agree with THE WALL, Some Yes tunes - WONDEROUS STORIES, OWNER OF A LONELY HEART () and more digestable tunes from CAMEL, MIKE OLDFIELD (TUBULAR BELLS III, EARTH MOVING and MILLENIUM BELL), VANGELIS; VOICES and DIRECT. ELP's pop tunes; LUCKY MAN, C'EST LA VIE,... But forgetting RENAISSANCE and ANNIE HASLAM is a crime ! ! !

Lunar 

I don't know... despite Annie's tender voice, i think it is too symphonic, baroque & complex. if i meet a girl who worships Renaissance, then i marry her!

an ordinary woman listens to emilou harris, backstreet boys, depeche mode, jennifer lopez, celine dion, linda rondstadt and eagles.

[HEADPINS - LINE OF FIRE: THE RECORD HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL GUITAR SOUND IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MUSIC!>
Petra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 18:37

Prog albums for woman??? Ooooh you can not generalise like that at all..

Although I do like some of Greenbacks list ie IQ, Tangerine Dream (i havn't heard those albums you listed though) , Rush, Camel, Pink floyd and especially Kate Bush its nothing to how much I enjoy Kraut/space/ psychedelic and particularly prog metal 

BEGIEM why do they(your women) and you hate Porcupine Tree?

Don't hate me
I'm not special like you
ShrinkingViolet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 18:45
Eek Backstreet boys...J.Lo..etc..thats for weans (kids), I don't think that you can say a certain album suits females more . Renaissance, now there's a great band! Annies voice is like an angels...my fave songs are Trip to the Fair, Mother Russia, Scheherazade...Black Flame, there's loads...but those are what come to mind.
Garion's gal View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 21:27
Originally posted by Petra Petra wrote:

Prog albums for woman??? Ooooh you can not generalise like that at all..

Agreed, how can you know - every woman is different Never even heard of Prog until Garion gave me a Kansas CD. It all came so fast after that, and I admit to lapping it up - Genesis, King Crimson, the unbelievable ELP, Jethro Tull...so many others..but who can predict if the love for this music will be there? Try everything you like on her! Changed my life for certain
threefates View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 21:30
Originally posted by greenback
<P>an ordinary woman listens to emilou harris, backstreet boys, depeche mode, jennifer lopez, celine dion, linda rondstadt and eagles.</P>
<P>[/QUOTE greenback

an ordinary woman listens to emilou harris, backstreet boys, depeche mode, jennifer lopez, celine dion, linda rondstadt and eagles.

[/QUOTE wrote:

How insulting!!   Actually I don't know any women who listen to any of those except maybe Depeche Mode... So

How insulting!!   Actually I don't know any women who listen to any of those except maybe Depeche Mode... Some maybe the Eagles... but more Don Henley solo....

THIS IS ELP
greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 02:21
Originally posted by threefates threefates wrote:

[QUOTE=greenback

How insulting!!   Actually I don't know any women who listen to any of those except maybe Depeche Mode... Some maybe the Eagles... but more Don Henley solo....

first of all, you women that are here are not ordinary, so this does not apply to you!

fer sure my list is a bit short, so let's add: ricky martin, lionel ritchie, bon jovi, bryan adams, shania twain, phil collins, mariah carey...

i'm sorry again to announce you that my list is still too short...

one can summarize ordinary women's taste by 2 tracks, maybe 3:

celine dion -my heart will go on  

bryan adams - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman

phil collins - one more night

Edited by greenback
[HEADPINS - LINE OF FIRE: THE RECORD HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL GUITAR SOUND IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MUSIC!>
BebieM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 03:05

Originally posted by Petra Petra wrote:

BEGIEM why do they(your women) and you hate Porcupine Tree?

Well, maybe that was exaggerated, but I just don't get why you love their music so much. Listening to it I feel as if i'd listen to a mixture of mainstream-rock and prog, im not saying it doesnt have nice moments, but you cant compare them at all to giants like genesis or KC .... But I'd like to give them another chance.. so tell me 1 album i should get!

and my girls (ahha, nice term, <---- pimp, haha, just kidding) just don't like it, don't know why .....

Metropolis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 03:13
Get Sky Moves Sideways or Voyage 34
We Lost the Skyline............

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12