1 [2.70%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 13:51
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

I'd like to inform all of you that Enchant have been moved back to Art Rock. However, I'll be grateful to The T or any other of the participants to this thread if they could write a new bio for the band - in fact, the first sentence of the existing bio states clearly that they are Symphonic Prog Metal, and this was the main reason why I asked the PMT's opinion before moving them. I'd rather not have bands in AR whose bio says they belong to another subgenre.

ClapClapClapClapClap

Oh, I just read this. Congratulations. Now I could help with that bio, just give me a day, in friday you'll have it. (I work and studyCry, and this is the only time of the day I can check the pc, or late at night)...

Oh, good to see enchant were moved. It's all for the best.

Ghost Rider, once again you have proven that the only good quality you still lack is good taste for excellent new-york bands that change prog-metal history!!Big%20smileBig%20smile
Trickster F. View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 13:55
Retaeht Maerd? Shocked
sig
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 14:01
Originally posted by Trickster F. Trickster F. wrote:

Retaeht Maerd? Shocked

yltcaxe, retteb nwonk sa EHT MAERD!Big%20smile
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 14:08
having listened to them for 10 years, and owning all their albums to date, I've come to the conclusion that they are...

NOT PROG METAL!!!!

Embarrassed
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 14:21
just noticed this bruhaha.. this morning... 

a reminder to all.. there are processes that go on behind the scenes...    many people spend a great deal of time doing this for no other reason than out of a regard for the site. We all respect them.. and respect (joking aside) the work of our different genre teams.

I'll speak plainly.. that the Iron Maiden fracus last fall left the impression with some  that you all simply don't understand the processes involoved here.  When it was explained... it was ignored.  Reading some of the comments in the collab section... some members of the PMT thought it was prog metal  some thought they could be in PM.  That is why they were there....  a word of warning...  tread lightly when you start telling people that you think you know better than they do... you may win a battle or two... but you'll always be a foot soldier...  never a leader LOL  Prog Metal like prog.. is about perception...  for better or for worst.. it is their determination.. not mine, or yours which is what determines it.  My two cents...  this could have been handled better.. and quietly.. within the confines of the genre groups.  Maybe I'm still sore about the whole Iron Maiden disaster, being one of the principal players in that, but You all have your right to an opinion... but grandstanding is akin to rubbing people's noses in it.. and people don't forget that.LOL

off my soap box.. there is enough tension involved between some  genre groups without having more hahahhaha
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Cesar Inca View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 22:08
Maybe someone has posted this before, but just in case, here's an amazing vid on Youtube that has left me quite impressed this very night  -  Ted Leonard beautifully singing the National Anthem, with genuine feeling and crytalline technique.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123