Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anime appreciation thread~!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 414243
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2016 at 23:02
Mardock Scramble? I think I've seen that one (on the big screen) and, if I'm not mistaking with another movie I saw on the same evening, it's... a bit extravagant for my taste.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 16:28
^I'll probably get around to them next week sometime.  I've read good and bad about MS, so we'll see.  The cyberpunk setting is really what drew me in, initially.  

I went on a bit of a BR/DVD buying binge again a few days ago and ordered Ergo Proxy (BR), Parasyte (BR), Un-Go (BR), Solty Rei (DVD) and Ghost Hunt (DVD).
doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doompaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 16:48
Not the biggest fan, but Tokyo Ghoul was pretty good. The first season, anyway.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2016 at 16:35
Originally posted by doompaul doompaul wrote:

That's been on my radar for a while now.  Is the second season no good?
doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doompaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2016 at 16:42
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

Originally posted by doompaul doompaul wrote:

That's been on my radar for a while now.  Is the second season no good?
I never got around to seeing it. I think the channel I was watching it on got shut down by the interwebz police. I was pretty impressed with the first season, though. It was actually pretty disturbing.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2016 at 18:06
I have so much anime on my plate before I get around to watching it, but it's one I'm going to check out, eventually. 
Jonathan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 15:59
I've been watching Himouto Umaru-Chan lately, which is hilarious. I've also been watching Pop Team Epic and I like that too but not as much as Umaru Chan. Also while Pop Team Epic is good IMHO it is a little overrated to me because of the second half of each episode being hardly different from the first half.

Edited by Jonathan - June 10 2018 at 16:01
"Do not do to others as you don't want done to yourself."- Confucius
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2020 at 16:58
Bump! Any anime fans still around?

This was probably the year I saw the most series. I enjoyed watching some lighter stuff during lockdown, including a few musical ones. Your Lie in April was excellent even if a bit predictable. Kono Oto Tomare has a good story but I didn't connect with most characters.

I'm currently watching Sound! Euphonium and I was very surprised to hear a marching band rendition of YMO:

Dapper~Blueberries View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapper~Blueberries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2023 at 15:03
Watching Azumanga Daioh. Osaka is me fr
D~B
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 414243