Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duplicated entries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 495051
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2023 at 18:26
The album Deep Inside Yearning, by SILENT GRACE

And here (on Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo): SILENT GRACE Deep Inside Yearning reviews (progarchives.com)
"Prog is Not Dead and never has been." (Will Sergeant, from Echo And The Bunnymen)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2023 at 19:07
^  It was reported yesterday by Mayer in the Errors and Omissions thread (seems that the entry in the Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo section will need to be deleted), but his post might not have been noticed amongst a deluge of other updates, so thanks for posting it here, where it will definitely get noticed by someone with sufficient rank to contact admins and ask for the matter to be dealt with. Thumbs Up
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2023 at 19:33
^ Yes indeed, admins were contacted yesterday. No reaction so far, but I'm not worried.
Prog Network View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Network Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2023 at 11:36
There are 2 versions of the "A Message of Peace Tour" album. Since it's not a "solo" album, I think it should be categorized under Karfagen, much like the other live albums Antony has released.

Karfagen - https://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=81973
Antony Kalugin - https://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=81963
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2023 at 20:40
^ I think so too and will ask admins to delete it from Antony's page.

But in future before adding releases like this to Karfagen discography please make sure that it's not already added to Antony's page. 
Anyway I believe this band and their leader will never leave our team without job.LOL
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2023 at 08:59
Not sure if this has been pointed out, but the two albums by Pablo El Enterrador, "2" and "Sentido de Lucha", are basically the same album with different tracklists.  I think they should be merged to eliminate confusion into "2" and called "2 (Sentido de Lucha)".  Can this be done and preserve the reviews in the one being removed?  Te release notes can make it clear there is another name with different track sequence and even list the sequence if desired.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2023 at 14:26
^ Obviously these are 2 versions (Brazilian and Argentinean) of the same album with different order of songs and have to be merged. 

The only question is: What came first and how it has to be titled?
Brazilan version is entitled Pablo "El Enterrador" 2 (like on PA) but the band is from Argentina where the album was released as Sentido de Lucha. How to call it on PA depends on the answer.

I may be wrong, but it seems Sentido de Lucha would be the correct album title. Confused
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2023 at 08:11
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Obviously these are 2 versions (Brazilian and Argentinean) of the same album with different order of songs and have to be merged. 

The only question is: What came first and how it has to be titled?
Brazilan version is entitled Pablo "El Enterrador" 2 (like on PA) but the band is from Argentina where the album was released as Sentido de Lucha. How to call it on PA depends on the answer.

I may be wrong, but it seems Sentido de Lucha would be the correct album title. Confused

that sounds good to me, though I would put "2" as alternative title in parentheses, or at least mention that the title was 2 for the Brazilian release and list the track order.  Glad to help though I don't think I have the power to merge

Edited by kenethlevine - December 12 2023 at 08:12
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2023 at 12:46
^ Thanks, I'll manage this.

As SCs, we both have "the power to merge" only if one of the albums has no reviews (our case). Otherwise we are almost helpless. Smile
I'll re-arrange Pablo "El Enterrador" 2 page and then ask admins to delete the excessive entry. That's how it works.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2023 at 14:53
^^ ... and in the end, here is the merged album: https://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1021

This one https://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61151 will be deleted by admins soon.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2023 at 19:24
perfect!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 495051