Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWizard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wizard
    Posted: July 28 2009 at 15:41
I want to submit my band Wizard for your consideration.

I suggest checking out our website and selecting the track "Travelin" in the player and letting it play from there on out.  This is the first track on our album and it plays progressively through so if you listen start to finish its actually one 33 minute song.  its cool new stuff.. hope you guys like it

our website is www.wwiizzaarrdd.com
you can also visit www.myspace.com/wwiizzaarrdd
We are a new band and need all the support we can get so if you like what you hear search for us on your favorite music distributors website.  Our album is available from major retailers like iTunes, amazon, emusic etc.

Thanks!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 16:09
I think that I will ask the Heavy Proggers to give you a listen.  I'd say that you have a good hard rock/blues rock sound.  I'm not sure if I am hearing a lot of progressive rock, but I'll leave that to the evaluators who are better judges of these things than me.
foolihan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 21:46
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I think that I will ask the Heavy Proggers to give you a listen.  I'd say that you have a good hard rock/blues rock sound.  I'm not sure if I am hearing a lot of progressive rock, but I'll leave that to the evaluators who are better judges of these things than me.

thanks for the review!  did you have time to listen to any tracks one after another?  incase you didn't or anybody else is considering not doing so if you listen in the wrong order or start at the wrong place the parts will likely be unorganized and then the tracks won't sound seemless start to finish.  this could be why its not coming off as prog as it could
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 21:54
just finished listening to all 10 tracks in order on your website..  you guys are a great hard rock band, tons of energy and feeling (not to mention talent), some Stones, some Stooges, a touch of early Sabbath, terrific stuff.  Unfortunately I just don't hear much prog other some slightly longer cuts and the occasional extended riff. 

I will post again when we've decided, but you guys could be big if you get some play, so keep it up.

foolihan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 13:19
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

just finished listening to all 10 tracks in order on your website..  you guys are a great hard rock band, tons of energy and feeling (not to mention talent), some Stones, some Stooges, a touch of early Sabbath, terrific stuff.  Unfortunately I just don't hear much prog other some slightly longer cuts and the occasional extended riff. 

I will post again when we've decided, but you guys could be big if you get some play, so keep it up.

Thanks Avatachron, much appreciated.  Maybe I should start describing our album as more of a hard rock concept album
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 14:55
Originally posted by foolihan foolihan wrote:

Thanks Avatachron, much appreciated.  Maybe I should start describing our album as more of a hard rock concept album

Ah.. hard rock CONCEPT album. Now you are certainties to get onLOL

Very good, by the way.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
foolihan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2009 at 14:54
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by foolihan foolihan wrote:

Ah.. hard rock CONCEPT album. Now you are certainties to get onLOL

Very good, by the way.

thanks a lot.  when i came back i noticed the page dedicated to cocept albums, sweet.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2009 at 18:52
it looks like HeavyProg will not be adding Wizard, but we think you're great and hope you get a break

foolihan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2009 at 20:37

maybe you'll take us on the next album! thanks for the reviews and support

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2009 at 20:39
yes always willing to evaluate new stuff

Post Reply Post Reply