Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLimit Sigs to Once Per Topic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Limit Sigs to Once Per Topic?
    Posted: August 08 2005 at 09:21
This is just a minor thing, and I'm not sure if it is something that is within the control of those who run this site, but some of the sigs are so large they make reading through posts a bit of a chore.

For example, there are some sigs that take up 2/3 of my browser window, running at 800x600. This means that to read a full page of posts requires way too much scrolling for the actual content of the posts, and a thread that has about 2 pages of useful content sometimes runs to 5 pages instead.

It would be good (for me, anyway!) if the sig was only posted once per topic - just the first time the poster contributed to the thread. After that, it doesn't add anything new anyway.

GoldenSpiral View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 09:30

some people's posts make reading through the forums a chore. 

sigs are fine where they are.  sometimes theyre a relief to the eye after reading a long tedious post about how much DT sucks or how great pink floyd is.

http://www.myspace.com/altaic
ALTAIC

"Oceans Down You'll Lie"
coming soon
Mr_Upside_Down View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 09:44
Originally posted by GoldenSpiral GoldenSpiral wrote:

sigs are fine where they are.  sometimes theyre a relief to the eye after reading a long tedious post about how much DT sucks or how great pink floyd is.

I don't have anything against sigs - you're right, they break up the monotony of the text sometimes... trouble is, they themselves can also become monotonous. What's annoying is when somebody with a gigantic sig posts repeatedly to the same thread, and you basically end up with a page full of the same sig repeated over and again. To me, that's even more annoying than "a long tedious post about how much DT sucks or how great pink floyd is"!
 Post Reply Post Reply