Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I, Avatar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I, Avatar
    Posted: July 24 2020 at 14:07
So what's the deal with your Avatar anyway?
Give us the 411 on what it's all about.
Then, what alternative ones did you discount?

I'll start :
These two masks appeared in the window of my neighbour's place one day. Clearly she had been knitting them for a while. I grabbed my camera and shot them quickly expecting them to be gone the next day. They remained staring in at us for over three years until they moved. They are so typically Canadian but with the most outrageous expressions.

Alternatives :
A recent shot of Dax that sits in my unused Avatar folder.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2020 at 08:13
My current avatar is the photo of one of my many rings. Although my surname has a "Drakula" (Turkish spelling of Dracula) in it, I've always been interested in the lichdom side of the undead. There's simply a skull on one side of the ring's front face, and I call it a lich; there are also tiny bones on its left flank (which are not seen in this image). On the right part of the ring's front, there's something more like the backside of a card, like a typical playing card or a tarot card; it can also be the back cover of a book. On its right flank there's a big skeleton hand. 

Edited by Shadowyzard - August 02 2020 at 13:33
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2020 at 12:12
My feet.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 15:43
I don't f**king know what my new avatar is... To be more precise, it is clearly a mask, but I don't know what kind of a mask it is. I liked and downloaded the image long ago, and decided to use it as my avatar. The thing is, Google image search doesn't bring any results, so it is a "shadowy" mask for me. I use the alias ALIENIVS now so this mask seems to fit the concept.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 16:06
I've had many avatars over the years, but generally fall back to one involving the band that my user name indicates I am a fan of.    
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 18:07
My new avatar is something you'll never understand. Few people can know where it is from, however it is highly unlikely to see one of them on this forum. Even if you know/learn where it is from, I highly doubt if you can decipher what is inside that astrology book I wrote. That's how I gird up my loins and bind all the astrologers with my supreme system. Wait and see the fall of every other astrological system. Hahahahahaaaaaaaa. (evil laughter)

Am I a "fish" (or two) according to your sh*tty system? You'll pay for this... Evil Smile

Edited by Shadowyzard - August 10 2020 at 18:19
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 19:27
Same with me, I've had many avatars on PA. I used to change them up for the holidays, my fav being Christmas Eddie ones.

But for several years now I've had "screaming Neil" as he is my favorite musician and lyricist of all time, as well being part of my all time favorite band. And now I'll never change it......

eddie iron maiden christmas | Navidad rockera, Imagenes de iron ...

I Have Seen The Whole Of The Internet: Christmas Greetings from ...
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 20:08
My 2016 album What Little Ground There Is
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 05:53
Unused Avatar #17
A Self Portrait from a photocopier

Edited by JD - February 13 2021 at 16:41
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 07:46
Bob Calvert giving the finger. I just like the photo and his expression.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2020 at 14:25
My new Avatar is of Sterus, the golden cross-bow golden jesus man. Whom kills demons with hes golden bolts of vengance.
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2020 at 22:52
Pieter Brueghel (1525 - 1569): Hunters in the Snow (1565) [detail]. One of my favourite paintings!

A QUIZ QUESTION: in which classic film there's a dialogueless scene with Baroque music and pictures of paintings, including Hunters in the SnowSmile

One of my earlier avatars was Camel's A Nod and a Wink cover (which is also nowadays someone's avatar, can't remember whose).

Edited by Matti - August 12 2020 at 22:56
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 06:33
Originally posted by Matti Matti wrote:

A QUIZ QUESTION: in which classic film there's a dialogueless scene with Baroque music and pictures of paintings, including Hunters in the SnowSmile

Can we get a hint? Maybe the year of release?
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 08:05
^ Ok, I give two hints. The film is from the early 70's, and one could say it's "namely" prog related!
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 08:33
Perfect...got it! Good clues.
Glad to see the original has a higher rating than the remake on IMDB.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 09:51
The Great Gatsby??
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 13:32
^^ 👍, JD. ^ Not The Great Gatsby. We're heading at Eastern Europe, both for the film and the prog relation. This should be very easy now.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 13:51
My avatar is my actual cat posing and looking "Chill".  His actual name is MaCavity (named after the protagonist in the play "Cats").   The name TCat comes from the song "Tommy the Cat" by Primus.

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 13:53
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

My feet.

Not just feet.....but.....Socks!!!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2020 at 14:02
And your signature? Is that saying MaCavity not to be a wild cat, or else... LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>