Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst abuse on PA ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 28>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatfabulousalien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 23:17
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Relax, man, it happens to everyone.  You're lucky you weren't asked to find the street sign.

I got asked to find cars again and storefront windows, ****
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 01:01
Originally posted by Thatfabulousalien Thatfabulousalien wrote:

This issue is the most annoying one for all of PA members under CrAPTCHA.

Understood well, and this thread has been merged to the previous one.
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 01:29
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

An interesting thing happened today...I got my first Captcha in some time, and when it said for me to click on the `I am not a robot' bit, it simply let me through without needing to verify anything.

So good news, it seems I've bonded with our robotic overlords and won their trust. Let's all build a better world together.

This has been the case for me since day one of the Captcha Apocalypse.  I've only ever had to promise I am not a robot, but other than that have not been asked to prove it!  Very odd indeed.

Edited by infocat - June 14 2017 at 01:31
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 01:52
^^^ I've had both scenarios. Sometimes I've just gone straight through after confirming I'm not a robot, and other times I've had errors, but with both scenarios, I've only had Captcha's when using IE with no AdBlock (at work). Using Firefox, at home, with AdBlock installed I've not had one yet.

Do browsers and/or ad blocking software have anything to do with it??
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 03:25
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

In case you missed it, here is the communication:

M@X says the complete removal of CAPTCHA cannot be recommended because of some vicious threats online.

Now he's changed CAPTCHA frequency from "high" or "off" to "medium" ... we should keep an eye upon it for a while.

I see no change in CAPTCHA frequency, or - at its best - from "bollocks" to "random". Or from "bad" to "worse". Sometimes I am forced to wrestle my way through three or four series of pictures (which I expect to be six or seven before my next birthday) of which the quality becomes increasingly poor, only to end up on the "Access denied"-page.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 03:41
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Originally posted by Thatfabulousalien Thatfabulousalien wrote:

This issue is the most annoying one for all of PA members under CrAPTCHA.

Understood well, and this thread has been merged to the previous one.

TBH, I've had this issues for years now!!! OuchAngryDead

Usually when I write long insightful posts (and of course did not copy/save them)

this message has been appearing most often when posting in the CZ, though it's happened on the open forums.  

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 09:27
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

^^^ I've had both scenarios. Sometimes I've just gone straight through after confirming I'm not a robot, and other times I've had errors, but with both scenarios, I've only had Captcha's when using IE with no AdBlock (at work). Using Firefox, at home, with AdBlock installed I've not had one yet.

Do browsers and/or ad blocking software have anything to do with it??

I perceived a quite a bit of a reduction after activating abblock plus on Chrome & upgrading AVG from basic to the full suite . It seems to ask me to review pics the first post after opening the browser, then only requests the check mark. A few times just posts straight away if it's simply an ascii post. Tends to have the most questions when modifying the new release list which has tables and a huge number links. I guess when considering what it is supposed to be preventing, that makes sense. 
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 10:05
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

In case you missed it, here is the communication:

M@X says the complete removal of CAPTCHA cannot be recommended because of some vicious threats online.

Now he's changed CAPTCHA frequency from "high" or "off" to "medium" ... we should keep an eye upon it for a while.

I see no change in CAPTCHA frequency, or - at its best - from "bollocks" to "random". Or from "bad" to "worse". Sometimes I am forced to wrestle my way through three or four series of pictures (which I expect to be six or seven before my next birthday) of which the quality becomes increasingly poor, only to end up on the "Access denied"-page.

It's interesting to hear the different experiences. For me, I almost never get the picture verification. It's usually just click the check box and then it goes right through. I used to get error messages a lot more frequently but even those have been non existent for the past week or two.  I still save my messages though before hitting post reply Wink

Edited by Jeffro - June 14 2017 at 10:06
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 11:56
The ultimate victim here is arguably Dean. No come back since may 17th... He was about to share his views on global warming Cry 

I'll never know if he joined the mormon community after a series of his very hard to emulate, fun included,  careful quests pushed to extreme, for a steady opinion on anything – from the making of objects that won't be used anymore but were still in attics thirty years ago, to existential and sensitive topics
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 13:45
It seems the CAPTCHA monster's gone today. At least I've edited some albums and made a couple of posts without choosiing road signs and buildings.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 14:58
Yep, not one yet today. 

Let's test an edit..then I will go dink around with the tabled lists.

Edited, no captcha...joy!

Edited by Tapfret - June 14 2017 at 15:05
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 15:12
I still get the captcha when trying to edit my profile, which was one of the many things I couldn't do before (and still can't). No error page this time, it just takes me back to edit page and the update silently fails.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 19:05
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 20:14
It is sucking all the fun out of the site.  I have been a member of this site for over 11 years.  Shouldn't have to be put through that crap so some company can sell its antivirus antimalware...

Edited by Slartibartfast - June 14 2017 at 20:19
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2017 at 23:43
Whelp, my earlier lovefest and ability to dodge captcha ended with my release list updates. It was a slugfest. Had to draw around signs, find cars and street signs on images with no cars or street signs....fun.

And this one went through perfectly. There is a definite corellation to the amount of content in a post, links and whatnot. Which is I believe the issue Vompatti is having with editing his profile. 2 links embedded in a photo probably gives recaptcha a rerection.

Edited by Tapfret - June 14 2017 at 23:46
Shiny globe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiny globe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 10:19

You're taking a cr*p on people trying to solve a problem you don't have, ain't you? Bored people are boring and should get some rest.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 11:05
Originally posted by Shiny globe Shiny globe wrote:

You're taking a cr*p on people trying to solve a problem you don't have, ain't you? Bored people are boring and should get some rest.
They are solving the problem are they, well thats just awesome!!!
P.S. I was just trying to kid Vompatti, he has a sense of humor.

Edited by Easy Money - June 15 2017 at 11:17
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 11:34
My last two picture posts worked the way Captcha should work.  I clicked the box to answer I wasn't a robot and then it posted my post.  However, my last attempt once again brought me to Captcha purgatory where no matter how many signs, vehicles, and mountains I selected it refused to accept my post.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 11:43
Problem solving consists of using generic or ad hoc methods, in an orderly manner, for finding solutions to problems.

edit: now for the first time I didn't get a captcha when editing a post.

Edited by Vompatti - June 15 2017 at 11:45
Shiny globe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiny globe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 12:04

Originally posted by Shiny globe Shiny globe wrote:

They are solving the problem are they, well thats just awesome!!!  
P.S. I was just trying to kid Vompatti, he has a sense of humor.

Some are obviously trying to understand what those vicious threats are, it's bad faith to pretend they don't.
Now I'm dead laughing – you're being that funny Mr "Honorary Collaborator" !!ClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 28>