Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2015 NFL Season Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 15:56
Well as it's known I hate New England but I just don't see who else it'll be. Would be Denver but their QB situation is well....odd. 
Yeah, Pittsburgh is a dark horse, I dont like their defense but Ben and Co. are on fire and it's odd they kinda fly under the radar. 

Oh, I think I mentioned...ironic that after Jimmy Graham goes down, Seattle seems to have finally become an offensive teamLOL Just can't predict these things! 

I'm glad some are being fair and asking why the refs aren't in trouble, since the allowed him to stay in and it's a tad hypocritical to let them go untouched, since we all know why ODB was not ejected.... I just hope the kid settles down, it was a bad game that doesn't really represent him but if he was to have another game like this, it'll become a Suh situation where every eye is on him every play and his room for error becomes zilch. So he needs to nip this in the bud right now. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 15:59
I see Denver as can't win against the best without Peyton..and can't win with him.  f**ked either way are the Broncos...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 16:05
speaking of flying under the radar.. and en fuego!!!

the Chiefs man. Two very winnable games to finish off the year

only one game behind Denver with the divisional tiebreaker in hand and Denver with a tough Bengals game.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 17:39
Well I'm sure Brock could get it done with time, but ya know...tough to ask someone to be thrown in like that and go through the playoffs and etc   Well, IF Peyton really was injured months before, and that was why he was so off...Maybe he'd have a return to form but yeah, it's a shame that team is legit tops and they just don't have the QB to get it done. Cincy I wonder about their defense, but I think Dalton and co are fine, if he's back. Yeah the jokes about not winning a prime time game....don't really mean much to me, probably the best Beangal's team he's had yet. 

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 17:45
Don't forget to be glued to your tvs tonight to see what strange and interesting way the Lions lose tonight's game.  Might not be as dramatic as the Giants, but I suspect that it will involve grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 17:47
nah.. will be too busy being glued to the screen enjoying the Caps dream season before they rip their fans hearts out yet again... though in all jaded reality. This team is built to, and should win the damn cup this year.

Edited by micky - December 21 2015 at 17:47
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 18:12
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Don't forget to be glued to your tvs tonight to see what strange and interesting way the Lions lose tonight's game.  Might not be as dramatic as the Giants, but I suspect that it will involve grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Let's hope they screw that up and fall just short of defeat. LOL
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 18:16
I won't get into the OBJ thing, as it's all water under the bridge at this point, but it's surprising to see how clean Norman came out of this. He was burned and wasn't exactly playing it squeaky clean all game long. Did he win the psychological battle? Absoutely...but that's about all IMSBO. (That is not to clear OBJ from wrongdoing of course)

Also, this seems worse to me...but maybe it's just camera angle...

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/20/cody-wallace-david-bruton-broncos-steelers-late-hit-video
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 18:17

As long as Megatron and Tate get my three TDs each against that wonderful NO defense. Tongue
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 19:32
Hey, I know you depressed Lions fans take pride in being the mantle holder of woeful losses, but this year it belongs to us Giants fansTongue 

Well, they're playing New Orleans so I hope for a shootout. Though Detroit actually has SOME semblance of a defense, if yall can stop em twice and keep the offense moving could pull a win. Then again, this is also the defense that allowed a 60 yard hail mary when they all congregated behind the receiver and not one even tried to get in front or throw an arm in there. 
I'm still salty about that oneLOL

Edited by JJLehto - December 21 2015 at 19:35
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 21:01
f**k the saints
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 23:56
Jesus that Saints defense is baaaaaaaaaaaadLOL
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2015 at 00:40
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

f**k the saints

Ok so in the end, it was Megatron who f**ked it up! Ouch
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2015 at 04:03
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

Let's hope they screw that up and fall just short of defeat. LOL

Called it!  Almost blew it in the second half (again), but not quite.  Hey, I'll take those W's any way we can get them! Big smile
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2015 at 09:42
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

agreed.. the Cards are definitely legit. This might be their year.. then again.. last year should have been. Hopefully for them Palmer remains upright over the last few games. LOL

Love to see a N.E/Arizona SB and see N.E walk away with another title simply to see the trophy ceremony with Goodell.

However I do like the dark horse out of the AFC. Pittsburgh which is the only team tough enough to beat N.E in N.E in the winter. Belichek should get get coach of the year this year for keeping that team afloat with all the injuries they have had. Think it will be enough to keep them from the dream scenario of NFL machine haters like me and see Goodell and Brady/Kraft in the same room.  Cards over the Steelers IF the cards stay healthy. If they don't..  Pats/Steelers over the Panthers.

Yeah, as we're seeing with the Broncos and Bengals, keeping your starting QB healthy is important to maintaining success. It's actually kind of amusing that they'll be duking it out for second place this week on Monday night. I don't think the ESPN had this in mind when they scheduled this game. LOL

Funnily enough, Manning and Dalton will probably be healthy enough to play by the time playoffs roll around. We know Dalton will be starting for the Bengals. Question is, will Manning start for the Broncos?
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2015 at 07:59
I don't see how they can start Manning..  Denver ain't the Colts.. it isn't like they owe him anything.

Didn't I read that he is still the NFL leader in interceptions.. and how many games has he missed. Start him and he blows it (NO.. not Peyton Manning in the playoffs LOL) and someone higher up might lose their job over that decision. 

Edited by micky - December 24 2015 at 08:00
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 22:48
Well to be fair...the Denver O line was garbage. Peyton is infamously immobile and that's only gotten worse with age. I think that was ultimately the source of his struggles. The last 2 years he's had diminishing arm strength and done great. His noodle arm is not good but they could've managed, especially with an overall team that good. He's just not a QB that can handle tons of pressure (especially pushing 40!)   

That's always been my biggest knock on him btw, Peyton is a superb "when everything is good" QB. He's always had a line that barely gets him touched, and runs a system that's 100% finesse and timing and rhythm. Basically, he runs everything perfectly. Problem is, if you can disrupt that. He always struggles when its disrupted, or in a physical game. I called it, I said Peyton can't win physical, hard fighting games and would lose the SB to Seattle, I didn't even think it'd be that badLOL He wins easy and with finesse, but struggles when things are hard/physical. Much as I hate Brady and give him flak for being a bit of a system QB, I can't deny he's superb at winning the hard, nasty games. 

I haven't seen enough Denver games to tell if the line has really improved, but I suppose it would be extremely risky to start even a healthy Peyton. But man, if they don't, and Brock was to screw it up, oh boy talk about someone high up being in hot water! It'd be a bit unfair but the amount of "You let a healthy Peyton sit there!?" would be insane
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 23:23
Congrats to the Redskins. 

They can be the NFC East team to go lose in the first round of the playoffsLOL
I sincerely had no care how this game went, even if Washington won thus eliminating the Giants. What does it really matter? 
All I hope for is to play with pride these next two games. Winning without Beckham would be nice, and more than anything...I just hope to cap this debacle with a big win over Philly. Give me that, and I'll be as content as one can possibly be. 

Some big games this weekend. Jets/Pats, Denver/Cincy, GB/Arizona! Best part I should be able to see em all, being at different times, and still watch my Giants lose so good stuff!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2015 at 09:04
Peyton Manning - HGH scandal.  Truth or terrorist attack? 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2015 at 10:27

Peyton Manning - HGH scandal.  Truth or terrorist attack? 

hahahah.. got to hand it to those guys.. they know how to hit one where it hurts.. LOL

poor Peyton as if his reputation wasn't in tatters enough as the greatest living 'regular season' stats king QB ever.. it would make perfect sense and would be no surprise. Any edge to get into the record books. No surprise he shut himself down (was shut down) after he got that passing record. It is all he was playing for it seems.. any other sane person would have shut it down after one found they couldn't grip a football as once could or any sense of average arm strength. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>