Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 419420421422423 486>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2014 at 09:09
Hmm no one whom seems to be listening to TFK. or as anything else to be posted about on here. so  since I`ve been last on here on the 15/11/14. so how`s everyone doing more importantly what TFK you`ve been listening too!. I`ve been listening to mostly listening to SWA/FP/TFKPTE...   
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2014 at 09:18
Hey gf, I've been focussing a lot on the 2014 releases lately so I haven't been doing a lot of Flower King listening.  I think Mike (Infandous) said it before, but The Flower Kings are more of a summer band than a winter band.  I don't know why, but with the damp and dreary I tend to lean towards the more meloncholic.

Beyond that, Thanksgiving was very weird, as most of you know, my wife of eighteen years and I divorced this year and this was my first major holiday without my daughter so that kind of blew.  On the other hand, I really didn't waste any time dating again so I spent the holiday with my new girlfriend which was great.  All in all, it's been a chaotic year for me, lots of ups and downs.

Me and the new girlfriend on Halloween. 

Edited by Roland113 - December 05 2014 at 09:22
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 07:35
nice photo nice looking lady to dude... yeah the TFK are more summer time music... I`m listening to the new solo album by Andy Tillinson. which I`m totally digging a loads...

Music Is Live

<
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2014 at 11:21
Thank you Sir.

I'm actually doing Christmas Jazz thanks to E-Dub today.  Good stuff, very relaxing.  David Benoit jazz piano.

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2014 at 07:56
Yeah, time for me to chime in here too, it's been a long time.

All is pretty normal in my neck of the woods as we build up to the appearance of the old geezer in the red suit.  Too much work and not enough play and the only chance I've had to listen to music lately has been on the way to and from work with the odd hour at home of a weekend.

I'm liking the new Floyd, nice and dreamy, a bit of a nostalgic look back over their career.  It makes a decent way to say goodbye I reckon.  I got a cd by White Willow - Sacrament, that's pretty good too.  However my best "new" album is the remaster of Klaus Schulze's Body Love 2, now that is sensational.  I'd not heard it in donkeys years and got it for my 29th (Wink) recently.  Fantastic, here is a guy who was well ahead of the field and still making good music now.

I be off to see Marillion tomorrow night, they can be pretty much guaranteed to provide a good night's entertainment.  I'm looking forward to that. 

I hope everybody is well (or as well as can be expectedWink).
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2014 at 10:50
Well, I'm going to be moving over the holiday, so that is just adding to the chaos that is normal this time of year.  It's a temporary move, into a rental house owned by a brother of a close friend of mine.  We are still looking for the house we want to buy.  Hopefully that will happen in the spring.

I've been listening to newer stuff mainly, so no TFK's recently, though Agents Of Mercy, "The Dark Forest" has been getting some spins........man what a great album!  So at least some TFK related stuff, anyway.  Oh, and Blue Planet came up on the MP3 player when I was out walking the other day.  A few days before that, Hit Me With A Hit came up.  Makes me want to give a full listen to Paradox Hotel again sometime soon, it's been ages.  The vast majority of my CD's are packed up, and have been for a month in anticipation of the move.  I kept out about 20 or so, plus the few hundred albums I have on my PC and MP3 player (which includes all FK albums).

The new Opeth is great, I'm really enjoying it.  I've had the new Floyd for a month and still haven't listened to it Embarrassed  Just want to find the right time where I can just sit and absorb the whole thing.  My girlfriend won't let me listen without her, since she is the bigger Floyd fan anyway.  Probably should get around to that soon, lol!

Got the new Beardfish on pre-order, can't wait for that one (out Jan. 17).
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2014 at 15:22
Well us humanists are gearing up to celebrate in true Norse tradition (Yule) (it suits me best because its basically all about quaffing large quantities of ale and eating things that were recently alive and obviously sex features in there as well !!)
I have a few CD's on my prezzie list.....I have just recently got the other England CD (jubblies)...and must say that one track has been copied from Marillion's Market square heroes....that's for certain....
TTFN

Edited by M27Barney - December 09 2014 at 15:25
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2014 at 14:51
Originally posted by M27Barney M27Barney wrote:

Well us humanists are gearing up to celebrate in true Norse tradition (Yule) (it suits me best because its basically all about quaffing large quantities of ale and eating things that were recently alive and obviously sex features in there as well !!)
I have a few CD's on my prezzie list.....I have just recently got the other England CD (jubblies)...and must say that one track has been copied from Marillion's Market square heroes....that's for certain....
TTFN

That's pretty much what my significant other and I have done for the past 5 years on Dec. 25th........I had no idea it was a "tradition".  LOL

Edited by infandous - December 10 2014 at 14:52
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2014 at 11:53
well smack my bitch, sex at Christmas which isn't the only time to jumping in ( forgive the pun) your in the club its allowed   other times too!.. which ways the right way when you`re needed to take out the time to listen to porg... I`ve always need to be in the state of peace and quiet all the modern tech stuff, headphones on and listen away the hours within the music we`ve all a passion for prog!. which isn't the worse way of passing away the hours... Wink 

Music Is Live

<
zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumacraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2014 at 19:25
Merry Yule!

Below is a video of Kaipa De Capo.  Supposed to be the old Kaipa.  No Hans though?  I'm confused.  Heard a bit of the new 'other' Kaipa album.  Same old stuff.  

Also, have ya'll heard that trio thing with Jonas and Tomas and Felix.  Forget what it's called.  Not bad.

Hope all are well.  I've been listening to lots of jazz lately.  2014 seems to have been a quiet year on the TFK front.  Hopefully some stuff coming up in the new year.

Craig
Stardust we are.
-Roine Stolt
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2014 at 07:52
have a merry Christmas and a wonderful new 2015...

Music Is Live

<
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 01:34
I do not like anyone trying to sound like Bowie because no one sounds like him but Daniel Gildenlow made a good here I must admit. Thumbs Up not Bowie tho' also not annoying to me like others Big smile a very good attempt. Thumbs UpClaphugs to you all HugThe Flower Kings, Daniel Gildenlöw & Friends - Life on Mars? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9jLV5wLY04

Edited by Kati - December 17 2014 at 01:35
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 02:05
Originally posted by Roland113 Roland113 wrote:

Hey gf, I've been focussing a lot on the 2014 releases lately so I haven't been doing a lot of Flower King listening.  I think Mike (Infandous) said it before, but The Flower Kings are more of a summer band than a winter band.  I don't know why, but with the damp and dreary I tend to lean towards the more meloncholic.

Beyond that, Thanksgiving was very weird, as most of you know, my wife of eighteen years and I divorced this year and this was my first major holiday without my daughter so that kind of blew.  On the other hand, I really didn't waste any time dating again so I spent the holiday with my new girlfriend which was great.  All in all, it's been a chaotic year for me, lots of ups and downs.

Me and the new girlfriend on Halloween. 

cooee! You are good looking Roland and your girlfriend is so pretty sweet looking too and she is hot tooBig smile! Ha! Awwwww two sweet beautiful happy looking people, I love this pic. Mhwoaaahhhxxxx to you both xxx plus a big hug too Hug
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 07:51
not in the right frame of mind to listen too! the great TFK...

Music Is Live

<
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 09:19
Thanks Kati, we appreciate the love.  :)

Hug

(You can't do a Kati post with out the requisite big hug)

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 09:21

Hug

hahaha! Roland113 thank you very much and a big hug back to you too HugSmile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 11:58
Great timing on reviving this thread...Have been on a TFK run of late. Played Adam & Eve a few times, I really love that album, wish I could find it in vinyl Cry. Also Desolation Rose, been spinning that one a lot also, really appreciate that one.

Also made a mental note to spend more time with Tomas's solo stuff, I have I Am and Pinup Guru.

I can see how TFK are a summer band.......makes sense
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 13:53
Originally posted by zumacraig zumacraig wrote:

Merry Yule!

Below is a video of Kaipa De Capo.  Supposed to be the old Kaipa.  No Hans though?  I'm confused.  Heard a bit of the new 'other' Kaipa album.  Same old stuff.  

Also, have ya'll heard that trio thing with Jonas and Tomas and Felix.  Forget what it's called.  Not bad.

Hope all are well.  I've been listening to lots of jazz lately.  2014 seems to have been a quiet year on the TFK front.  Hopefully some stuff coming up in the new year.

Craig

Well, it's Roine, Tomas (bass) and Ingemar (drums) from the original line up, plus Bodin and Michael Stolt.  I assume Hans isn't involved because he's still doing the official Kaipa.  They are only doing stuff from the first 4 albums I believe.  Haven't heard the new Kaipa, not surprised it's more of the same.

The trio, Barracuda Triangle, have an album out.  I need to pick that out as I've not heard anything by them yet.

Haven't heard of anything coming this year, though I think Kaipa De Cappo might be releasing some kind of live document (CD or DVD or both).

Also, not seeing anything attached or embedded in your post, so we didn't see the video(s).

infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 13:55
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Hug

hahaha! Roland113 thank you very much and a big hug back to you too HugSmile

HugHug  There is a hug for both you Kati and Tom Big smile  Good to see both of you posting here again!
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 13:59
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Great timing on reviving this thread...Have been on a TFK run of late. Played Adam & Eve a few times, I really love that album, wish I could find it in vinyl Cry. Also Desolation Rose, been spinning that one a lot also, really appreciate that one.

Also made a mental note to spend more time with Tomas's solo stuff, I have I Am and Pinup Guru.

I can see how TFK are a summer band.......makes sense

Yeah, good stuff (though you probably know my feelings about A&E........the title track came up on shuffle the other day, I enjoyed it well enough).  Desolation Rose really grew on me, I'll have to break that out again soon.

For Tomas, you need Eggs & Dogs "You Are".  It's the second part of the trilogy started with I AM.  It's a great album, though perhaps a bit less symphonic than I AM.  Still, I love it almost as much.  No word on when the final part of the trilogy will happen (He She It).  He will, apparently, be releasing another solo album soon though, called "She Belongs to Another Tree".

Edited by infandous - December 17 2014 at 14:01
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 419420421422423 486>