Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2015 NFL Season Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 23>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2015 at 11:28
"The Giants have lost four times this season when holding a lead in the final minute of the fourth quarter. According to Elias, that's tied for the most such losses since the merger."

That's a pretty amazing stat right there.

Another NFL record set, the Lions set the record for the longest hail mary given up in the final seconds to lose a game.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2015 at 11:45
I'm surprised that the Lions don't hold the most losses when holding a lead in the final minute of the 4th quarter record...but then again that would mean having the lead and most games that isn't an issue.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2015 at 13:55
Originally posted by Metalmarsh89 Metalmarsh89 wrote:

"The Giants have lost four times this season when holding a lead in the final minute of the fourth quarter. According to Elias, that's tied for the most such losses since the merger."

Another NFL record set, the Lions set the record for the longest hail mary given up in the final seconds to lose a game.

Yes...the4 giants defense is truly bad, especially when it counts. I don't have statistics to back this up, but it seems like 80% of 3rd downs in the second half (especially the 4th quarter) get completed against them. No pass rush, no coverage, limited tackling (though I do think their tackling has improved from last year).

Sadly, the offense on it's best day is pretty good. I believe in Eli and OBJ is a star (Harris is also a lifesaver...especially with CRuz's absence and on special teams), but the o-line is poor (and with flowers potentially out even worse) and they can barely fall forward when trying to run the ball.

This is why the winner of this horrid division will be lucky to be 7-9. Tongue
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2015 at 14:08
Will the Broncos make it?

Two weeks ago I would ad said no way, but today, it's possible.

AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2015 at 15:10
^ With that defense Denver has and manageable play from QB as of late, they have a pretty good shot at it.  Question will be, when Manning gets "healthy", who will start?

Steelers offense looked great against the Colts, defense did ok.  Still don't trust the defense, Seattle torched them for a shoot out last Sunday.  Our lost against the Chiefs is hurting wild card hunt at the moment and the early field goal kicker woes that aided in a game or two lost.  We play Bengals next, need a win.

NFC east, wow!  Who would believe Dallas is only 1 game out of division lead  LOL
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2015 at 15:29
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

^ With that defense Denver has and manageable play from QB as of late, they have a pretty good shot at it.  Question will be, when Manning gets "healthy", who will start?

Steelers offense looked great against the Colts, defense did ok.  Still don't trust the defense, Seattle torched them for a shoot out last Sunday.  Our lost against the Chiefs is hurting wild card hunt at the moment and the early field goal kicker woes that aided in a game or two lost.  We play Bengals next, need a win.

NFC east, wow!  Who would believe Dallas is only 1 game out of division lead  LOL

Dallas is unbelievable.

But their division sucks.

What a vibrant ending yesterday.

Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2015 at 16:29

That'd be cool if this Bengals-Steelers game was played in prime time. Except for the Thursday night matchup between the Vikings and Cardinals, it might be the game of the week.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2015 at 16:44

The Lions are further East than Dallas.  I propose that they swap immediately.  Their uniforms are the same color so maybe nobody will notice.   WinkLOL   There is a movie about North Dallas Forty so they could play in the North. 
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2015 at 17:50
Originally posted by Metalmarsh89 Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Yup, I haven't looked into the veracity of this but it sounds very right to me: I saw something saying the Giants would be 10-2 instead of 5-7 if games were 75 seconds shorter. 

Insane. Really makes you realize just how bad they're collapses have been! Many of those games they of course had leads they could've built on to put teams away, but have been slowly crumbling instead, resulting in these last minute choke jobs. 

That said, it's near universally accepted this is the end of Tom Coughlin. Barring a true miracle, I mean blowing 2011 out of the water, I expect 8-8 at best. Hell, if said miracle happened....Coughlin should just retire while "on top"! 
With all the rumors about Sean Peyton leaving New Orleans........ I never wanted Coughlin gone becuase I felt no one was good enough a replacement, (except Jim Harbaugh) BUT if we were to lure Peyton over...

Edited by JJLehto - December 09 2015 at 19:19
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2015 at 09:25
Go Hawks! Nice win against the Ravens. The Hawks own December. Love seeing Denver losing. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2015 at 14:21
With Dalton out and the broncos fumbling, can anyone win the AFC other than the Pats?

The obvious answer to me is the Steelers...but as of now they aren't even in the playoffs.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2015 at 14:24
Chiefs have an easy run in so it should be down to the Steelers & Jets. I'd probably give the Steelers the better chance of getting in, their offense is a juggernaut.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2015 at 16:45
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Chiefs have an easy run in so it should be down to the Steelers & Jets. I'd probably give the Steelers the better chance of getting in, their offense is a juggernaut.

As much as I'd rather see the Jets get in, I trust the Steelers more to pull it off.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2015 at 17:59
True.

The Jets won't be able to handle NE methinks. Hopefully the broncos can find some semblance of offense and power up the defense for this weeks game in Pitt.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2015 at 23:50
Giants game went largely as expected: Very poor defense from both sides, but unlike New Orleans the Giants could maybe win a shootout against Miami. Though I figured it would be uglier than necessary and that was certainly true. I can't say we had any defensive stops...it was more Miami's failing. 
Typical story: Defense and O line: College level      Eli and Beckham: keeps us on life supportLOL

Eli was at his best today, looking to throw the ball forward, over the middle, and hitting bombs. 
87% complete, and there were very few dink passes, epic. 
Overall, I'm glad McAdoo has run the offense at a quicker pace, and simplified the ridiculous Gilbride system, and has less "throw it up and hope" plays but while it's cut down on mistakes and picks I feel it's robbed Eli of this balls, especially with so many deep passes right on the sidelines... Today is more proof he needs to be allowed to just throw. Basically today was the perfect blend: Quick and efficient, but no dink and dunk sh*t. 

Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2015 at 13:38
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

With Dalton out and the broncos fumbling, can anyone win the AFC other than the Pats?

The obvious answer to me is the Steelers...but as of now they aren't even in the playoffs.

The Steelers are the AFC version of the Seahawks.  The (possible) wild card team that no one wants to play.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2015 at 19:08
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

The Steelers are the AFC version of the Seahawks.  The (possible) wild card team that no one wants to play.

Truth. I imagine they will make it in, but admittedly I forgot about them as they are currently outside (for some reason) looking in.

Edited by Man With Hat - December 15 2015 at 19:08
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2015 at 04:57

Truth. I imagine they will make it in, but admittedly I forgot about them as they are currently outside (for some reason) looking in.

The Steelers could be a tough team for the offense, but they have some big holes to fill in their pass defense. They give a lot of big plays. They don't have the team to beat New England even a banged- up team.
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2015 at 06:55

I think with Dalton gone and the Pats injuries the AFC is breaking to have the Steelers win the conference.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2015 at 07:35
^ ^^
The Steeler defense makes me nervous.  As mentioned above they give up way too many big pass plays on defense.  Ben also has a tendency to throw a pick in every game which other teams in it.   A non-trusting cautious fan...LOL

Even after Dalton went down, the back up QB did not do a bad job and did keep them in it somewhat, but did make a few critical mistakes.  I think the Bengals have enough talent for them to win the division with their remaining schedule (49ers, Broncos, Ravens)  They win 2 out of 3.

Steelers look like they have the best shot at the last wild card, we play Broncos, Ravens, and Browns.  Earlier loss to the Ravens has hurt the playoff hunt.

Chiefs seem to have the easiest road, but the last game against the Raiders could be interesting.  Oddly, they play the Ravens and Browns before that.

Jets have a tougher remaining schedule, the banged up Cowboys and Patriots (just heard Blount is now out for the season, wow more injuries), then the Bills.

Looks like it will go down to the last game....grab some beer and peanuts and kick back!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 23>