Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInappropriate reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 12:15
Originally posted by Eetu Pellonpää Eetu Pellonpää wrote:

Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

When we delete (or edit) a review a communication is sent to the reviewer, explaining why the deletion and encouraging/inviting him/her to redo and resubmit the deleted one and make new ones.

In general, the replies are fair and the further development is agreeable - some are now fine PA reviewers (although I won't mention names here).

The communication text is more or less "standard" but we always make some changes when it's the first review of a member or when we realize that the reviewer's native language isn't English, etc.

However, any idea for improvement is welcome! Smile 

Well this sounds very good! Didn't know these details about the procedure. I trust on your professional work here. Smile

Thanks for trusting us! Cool

BTW, all these procedures were Bob's work and I received them totally ready when I started to work as a review moderator. Clap

Edited by Atkingani - August 23 2006 at 12:51
Guigo

~~~~~~
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2006 at 03:21
I found at least a couple this morning... Let's start with this one:

PINHAS, RICHARD — Chronolyse
Review by chonibarra

5 stars richard is always a reliable musician is like my nehighbor and at the same time fun to hear since his times and tunes changes, makes me feel fresh and amicable from heldon to his discs. he keeps a delightful way of music.jose.

It doesn't really say much about the album, does it? And then there's another from our friend Mandy, which I found a bit hard to understand at times (even coming from the same mother language as he):

CAMEL — Rain Dances
Review by MANDRAKEROOT (Andrea Salvador)

2 stars DANCES... WITH RICHARD SINCLAIR

I do not believe that the arrival of Richard Sinclair have carried positive ideas for the Camel... In fact this disc is not of it meat of it fish... It is not Symphonic and in certain points taming me if is a Prog disc...

Nevertheless it it contains "Higways Of The Sun" (in the edition in my possession is included also it "Single Version", not good cones the "Album Version") worthy musical sensibility of authentic masterpiece of the "Snow Goose" or "Moonmadness". Besides there it is "Elke" that to remembers me too the early Tangerine Dream... Finally there it is "Rain Dances" excellent song for Synth. For the remainder the emty one...

Last 10 years seem from "Moonmadness" and instead... The gears are itself routes...!

For always yours, Mandrakeroot.

Edited by Ghost Rider - August 26 2006 at 03:24
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2006 at 08:12
I saw them all, GR... but my computer is being upgraded and I'm using another one where I don't find secure to manage the database. Let's hope that Bob or Jody make a visit here and may deal with these reviews (and others) or wait until Monday.Embarrassed
Guigo

~~~~~~
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 17:13
     Jazz Rock/Fusion
(Studio Album, 1977)
Avg: 4.50/5
from 3 ratings IZVIR — Izvir
Review by vintageb3
Thank You for great review. But I'm not really shure about the "third album of Predmestje", as they have not issued any. The "Hazard" was the pop gruop in 70ies. They should issue more then 3 LPs.

Regards, Andrej Konjajev keyboards of Izvir

Posted Monday, August 28, 2006, 16:20 EST | Permanent

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=88331
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 02:06
Scene Six posted two Dream Theater score reviews, with the same text.

EDIT: or at least that's what the front page shows. Confused on the album page, there is only one review.

SECOND EDIT: wait, I understand now, he reviewed both the CD and the DVD. yet it's still inappropriate, the DVD text is almost the same with the CD text.

Edited by Ricochet - August 31 2006 at 02:11
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 02:29
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

IAnd then there's another from our friend Mandy, which I found a bit hard to understand at times (even coming from the same mother language as he):

CAMEL — Rain Dances

2 stars DANCES... WITH RICHARD SINCLAIR

I do not believe that the arrival of Richard Sinclair have carried positive ideas for the Camel... In fact this disc is not of it meat of it fish... It is not Symphonic and in certain points taming me if is a Prog disc...

Nevertheless it it contains "Higways Of The Sun" (in the edition in my possession is included also it "Single Version", not good cones the "Album Version") worthy musical sensibility of authentic masterpiece of the "Snow Goose" or "Moonmadness". Besides there it is "Elke" that to remembers me too the early Tangerine Dream... Finally there it is "Rain Dances" excellent song for Synth. For the remainder the emty one...

Last 10 years seem from "Moonmadness" and instead... The gears are itself routes...!

Holy God Mad, this is weird even for Mandrakeroot, seems like he is using a cheaper online translator.

You that are Italian please tell him in your mother tongue to stop calling the bands THE Yes, THE Camel, THE Genesis, each time I see this combo of words I want to kill myself   Dead  or better  kill somebody. Off with his head

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - August 31 2006 at 02:35

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 03:16
Ivan, if he pays me enough money, I might even offer him some English lessons....Wink BTW, online translators - cheap or otherwise - are to be avoided at all costs, for a series of reasons I won't go into now. Personally, I think one should avoid writing in a language they are not good enough at... but that's just my usual, conceited-prat self!LOL

Edited by Ghost Rider - August 31 2006 at 03:16
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 07:33
PENDRAGON — Not Of This World
Review by lgoffine (Luc Goffinet)

5 stars This one of the best prog record I've ever heard. Even if it is not new stuff to most people's ears, this is top- notch inspired music, and especially melodic (which is sometimes rare in the prog world). This record is better than all the others that they have made...

51 words, but SleepyAt most questionable.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 07:39

Everything being evaluated, buddies... Smile

Guigo

~~~~~~
Mikerinos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 23:48
This is my favorite Mandy review:

STYX

Big Bang Theory

Studio Album

Review | Album details | All reviews

Posted 4:12:15 AM EST, 3/31/2006

1 stars MANIC DEPRESSION!

I did not understood the reason of this Tribute Album. Actual no there I succeed! Useless, cold, calculator... An album for does spend money and other nothing!

Nevertheless resonable they are the version of "I Can See For Miles", "I Don't Need No Doctor", "A Salty Dog", "Manic Depression" and "Wishing Well" that do not suffice to make off an album however useless. And here I close.

I do not words.

LOL
Bern View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 23:53
That one is a classic LOL

RIP in bossa nova heaven.
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 03:19
Originally posted by Bern Bern wrote:

That one is a classic LOL

Hey Bern good old Mandrakeroot has a lot of classics, but I wouldn't change the moments of fun provided by him for anything.

RICK WAKEMAN

The Six Wives of Henry VIII

Studio Album

Review | Album details | All reviews

Posted 4:45:49 AM EST, 5/16/2006

5 stars EPIC

I read (not memory where) yhat the lack of Rick Wakeman is that of to seek always inspiration to do history either from books of adventure or science fiction so than its music you become epic, he can vent in ridden solo without head and tail. But the same things come said from the same persons for Vangelis. And for Vangelis is a large Merit... For me it is also for Rick Wakeman... Or rather, the it is for a lot of Progsters (or Progheads).

As for this "The Six Wives..." is a large disc. It it contains excellent songs with large parts of Keyboards. The music is a Rock version of Vangelis, thing that is obvious in songs like "Catherine Of Aragon", "Annes Of Cleves", "Catherine Howard, "Jane Symour" and "Catherine Parr" to same level. "Anna Boleyn 'The Day Thou Gavest Lord Hath Ended'" is not very succeeded because to unite pieces of other songs to the actual music is not simple and here the what did not quite succeed. It hits like the typical characters of six wives of Henry VIII so quite demonstrator are represented like Rick succeeded to read the inside of the events, thing that the books does not come done.

If Wagner was still living has been proud of Rick Wakeman.

Nuff said. LOL

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - September 01 2006 at 03:28

Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 05:17
KING CRIMSON — In The Court Of The Crimson King
Review by 21centuryman

2 stars What a overratet peace of muzak this is!

trak 1: meaningless noodle and free-jazz-like rocker

tracks 2-5 I cann not say anithing about them, becouse I fell a sleep, they must be so boring it seems...

Sleepy

VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 07:30
That's ridiculous!  I notice his name too, is that supposed to be irony? LOL

And how can he review an album if he fell asleep!  This is the silliest review I've seen in ages.

It has to go!
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 08:44
Originally posted by Geck0 Geck0 wrote:

And how can he review an album if he fell asleep! 

that's a statement I rarely heard, bravo LOL
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 09:58
Identical reviews by the same author.

ZELLO — Quodlibet
Review by pirkka (Pirkka Ruishalme)

4 stars Nu ska vi sjunga lite polka!

This is extreamely interesting music. Original Swedish folk prog with melodies taken from scandinavian folk music like polka and played with keyboards and violin and a rhythm section. Among the keybs is Hammond and the great Tron. The tracks vary in length from 57 seconds to 25+ minutes. The music is imaginative and courage. It don't settle for simple folk tunes. It grows into symphionic measures and sounds like bands like Dream Theater do at their best, when not playing too metallic parts. So very strong and melodic music. The singing takes a liittle time to be accepted atleast in the first track Will Be The Wind. The melody is not easy or predictable. The singer is actually quite good.

I personally like the combination of modern symphonic prog and scandinavian folk melodies. Absolutely an excellent addition to whom so ever prog fans collection. Four stars.

Posted Saturday, September 02, 2006, 09:37 EST | Permanent link

ZELLO — Zello
Review by pirkka (Pirkka Ruishalme)

4 stars Nu ska vi sjunga lite polka!

This is extreamely interesting music. Original Swedish folk prog with melodies taken from scandinavian folk music like polka and played with keyboards and violin and a rhythm section. Among the keybs is Hammond and the great Tron. The tracks vary in length from 57 seconds to 25+ minutes. The music is imaginative and courage. It don't settle for simple folk tunes. It grows into symphionic measures and sounds like bands like Dream Theater do at their best, when not playing too metallic parts. So very strong and melodic music. The singing takes a liittle time to be accepted atleast in the first track Will Be The Wind. The melody is not easy or predictable. The singer is actually quite good.

I personally like the combination of modern symphonic prog and scandinavian folk melodies. Absolutely an excellent addition to whom so ever prog fans collection. Four stars.

Posted Saturday, September 02, 2006, 07:27 EST | Permanent link

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 10:15
I'm still using a non-trustable PC, James & Rico.
For the pirkka reviews maybe he made a confusion, it happened with other people before - gonna talk with him.
Guigo

~~~~~~
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 10:34
Well, I don't know what you imply by non-trustable, Guigo, we just make the attention and when you have time (or the PC becomes "trustable") can handle. No rush. Smile

Talk to pirrka = okay
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 10:37

Thanks, Rico... for trusting me! Smile

Guigo

~~~~~~
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 10:32
DREAM THEATER — Score: 20th Anniversary World Tour Live with the Octavarium Orchestra
Review by proglil49 (Julien Lavoie)

5 stars This is gonna be for sure a classic live album of prog music. The setlist is so great it's unbelivable. The perfomance of the band on this album is so wonderful, even Labrie dosen't miss a note! This album will stay one of my favorites for sure.

proud to say Approve that this has less that 50 words.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141>