FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYes – rick out, oliver in?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 15:31
Originally posted by SilverEclipse SilverEclipse wrote:

They asked Rabin to tour with them?!  Thank God he turned it down... I dread the thought of "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" being played at my first Yes concert. 

I felt exactly the same way. I respect Rabin's contributions, but I want my first live Yes experience to be pure, unadulterated YES. That means The Yes Album up through Going for the One. And maybe some Magnification in there.

I think that Oliver is a great choice and I'll be happy to see him. Sure I'd prefer Rick, but Oliver is the next best thing.

And I'd really look forward to them recording new material, considering the songwriting sucesses they've had with In the Presence Of, Footprints, and Homeworld in recent years.

Bring on the fourth decade of Yes!
RaphaelT View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 18:08
Originally posted by Nucleus Nucleus wrote:

Originally posted by SilverEclipse SilverEclipse wrote:

They asked Rabin to tour with them?!  Thank God he turned it down... I dread the thought of "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" being played at my first Yes concert. 

I felt exactly the same way. I respect Rabin's contributions, but I want my first live Yes experience to be pure, unadulterated YES. That means The Yes Album up through Going for the One. And maybe some Magnification in there.

I think that Oliver is a great choice and I'll be happy to see him. Sure I'd prefer Rick, but Oliver is the next best thing.

And I'd really look forward to them recording new material, considering the songwriting sucesses they've had with In the Presence Of, Footprints, and Homeworld in recent years.

Bring on the fourth decade of Yes!

Do not worry, they will definitely be playing Owner at a concert (at my first and only Yes concert Owner was played by Billy Sherwood and Igor Khoroshev, eurgh)
yet you still have time!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 18:15
I think that the only time, since it was written (to prevent smart ass remarks regarding pre-90125) that they didn't play Owner of a Lonely Heart was during their Masterworks tour where they only played their epics.  I forget now what they actually played but I don't think that they played anything under 10 minutes.

With a little help from the Internet, I tracked down the setlist from the July 11, 2000 concert at Pine Knob in Clarkston, Michigan. 

Young Persons Guide To The Orchestra
Close To The Edge
Starship Trooper
Gates Of Delirium
Leaves Of Green
In The Midnight Hour
Heart Of The Sunrise
Ritual
I've Seen All Good People
Roundabout
The opening act was a little band from the U.S. called Kansas.  Anyone heard of them?

Edited by rushfan4 - March 11 2008 at 18:58
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 21:31
Hey, here's an idea: the Yes guys should swallow their pride and ask Moraz back in, despite his *gasp* dreaded jazz influence.
RaphaelT View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 11:52
Originally posted by p0mt3 p0mt3 wrote:

Hey, here's an idea: the Yes guys should swallow their pride and ask Moraz back in, despite his *gasp* dreaded jazz influence.

They have not tried it yet, so in near future it is almost sure they will ask Moraz to tour with them.

Every idea is good to make a tour without recording new material!
yet you still have time!
Runner View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 18:09
Well, it was posted on the YES official site (www.yesworld.com) the following message:

Yes Tour Planned for 2008

March 7, 2008 It's official—Yes is back! Jon, Steve, Chris, and Alan are planning a world tour, with Olivier Wakeman sitting in on keyboards. Tour dates to be announced here soon!

ClapClapClapClapClap
tony kayes headband View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 02:24
I DON'T want Rick to tour with them again.I love him as much as next as the next Yes fan,but I think his touring days may be over,due to his health.
In the last issue of Yes Magazine,there is an interview with Rick around the time of the release of Return To The Center Of The Earth.
Rick talks about his health problems and mention that he sees a tour with Keith Emerson as his swan song.
Of course,that never happened and he did tour with Yes again.
If it wasn't for the fact that I have never seen them live,I think I'd rather have a new Yes album than a new Yes tour.
guillaumeh View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 12:13
Also, Rick Wakeman's keyboard sounds on the last tour were sometimes mediocre. I've bought the Montreux 2003 DVD, and it was even worse. I hope that his son knows more than him how to setup good keyboard sounds on modern equipment.
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 13:25
Originally posted by RaphaelT RaphaelT wrote:

Originally posted by p0mt3 p0mt3 wrote:

They have not tried it yet, so in near future it is almost sure they will ask Moraz to tour with them.

Every idea is good to make a tour without recording new material!

Well, I can certainly agree with that 100%. Sadly I don't think guys are aware that they aren't any good anymore.

Then again, they COULD release a worthy album (Which would be amazing, since Relayer is in my opinion their last truly great album) and surprise us all. If that is the case, I promise I will eat my words here on the forums. *Waits impatiently for release date*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123