Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My Old & New Interesting Progressive Bands Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMy Old & New Interesting Progressive Bands Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Alberto Muñoz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Old & New Interesting Progressive Bands Thread
    Posted: February 16 2009 at 10:10
Erik, as always, all the best and surely we keep in contact via e mail.

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2009 at 09:25
Thanks erik and please let us know your brilliant knowledge in future. Cry
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2009 at 20:47
What is it within us that drives someone to be all consumed about things that have little meaning within the big picture of life on earth?  Who among us has not been passionate about something or someone that has little relevance but to a small group of people? 

Of all the people I have encountered on this site, Erik is certainly the most passionate about the music and did not care to quibble about the small stuff that seems to consume a lot of us.  His is a constant journey of discovery.  That is how he is wired. And while I have nowhere near his level of devotion to prog, I understand it and I understand why he has decided to try and move on from here.

I have been passionate about many things in my life.  Things that I wanted to share with others and make them aware of so they could see how good they were.  But most times, my efforts were met with ambivalence.  Erik has certainly shown more fortitude than most to carry on in his efforts to bring what he loves to more people.  For that, I salute him.  I just hope he finds peace and that his constant drive does not undermine his happiness in this life.
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2009 at 19:02
I think this time you are gone forever from PA, we'll keep in touch via mail.

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2009 at 11:07

Erik, sorry to hear your decision to leave us at PA. I've enjoyed reading your input here and thanks for introducing me to so many great bands. Thumbs Up I'll keep an eye on your activities elsewhere.

NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2009 at 08:48
Erik, I can't agree with your decision, but it's your decision... You will be missed here.

Anyway my best wishes to you and thank you very much for helping me to discover some wonderful bands and artists.

Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2009 at 07:17
Unhappy  sorry to see a prolific prog connoisseur leaving who made a lot of contributions to this site.

But of course we have to respect that you don't accept the site policy anymore to handle band additions as the result of a process with a democratic approach ...
all the best for your future plans ...

Edited by Rivertree - February 14 2009 at 07:19

Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2009 at 05:54
So basically Erik wants to add 2 bands that aren't Prog: The Stranglers (!) The Tubes (!!) and a Psychedelic Blues artist who defies categorisation, and because it hasn't happened we're stupid, useless and corrupt.

Nice one Erik, way to destroy your reputation. Sad day.

BTW, I just clicked on one of the links to Prog Purity that Erik provided and found a review of The Beatles!

Edited by Tony R - February 14 2009 at 06:19
debrewguy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2009 at 23:53
All the best to you Erik. While I know we agree on much, I also know that when working within a group, there are times when submitting to the consensus opinion is necessary. And that exposing existing riffs to the general membership accomplishes nothing.
These two things though, are easy to say, but sometimes hard to follow through on. If this is your honest & heartfelt belief, then good wishes on your future endeavours, and thanks for all that you have contributed to PA & its' community
"Here I am talking to some of the smartest people in the world and I didn't even notice,” Lieutenant Columbo, episode The Bye-Bye Sky-High I.Q. Murder Case.
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2009 at 22:34
Oh well, Erik, best of luck with such a high quality site as progressiveland. Personally I think this site is better and more consistent - but that's just me I guess.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2009 at 22:13
^ yeah a few will tell me " I told you so" and I concede my error in judgement...... to Erik, all the very best , but do us a favour stick to your guns this next time, no more "deja vu" returns to PA eh? I for one will find defending your re-re-re-re-return pointless and tedious......

Edited by Chris Stacey - February 13 2009 at 22:13
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2009 at 21:53
Originally posted by erik neuteboom erik neuteboom wrote:

I would like to say sorry to my loyal PA friends but I am leaving forever and
                          will continue my progrock activities on genuine progrock sites like:

be our guest! 
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2009 at 20:33
CryCryCry
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2009 at 17:00

- A few months ago I wrote my final review for Prog Archives, this is my final post on Prog Archives because I cannot motivate myself any longer on a site that has changed into a Classic Rock Archives and that is flooded by reviews about all sorts of boring prog metal bands, obscure folk and weird electronic bands without any rock  element while interesting bands/musicians like Jimi Hendrix, The Tubes and The Stranglers have to battle against a lot of opposition by several team members who frequently do hilarious attempts ("I work so hard", "I am a volunteer", "I am honest".. etc..) to defend their often inconsequent and subjective bands addition policy. These persons behave like a cult or clan in order to keep the idea that they are part of 'the ultimate progressive rock site' while in fact they are guilty of making Prog Archives a mess: after adding bands like The Beatles, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Osibisa, JM Jarre and lots of other controversial additions, almost every band can make a claim to be added to Prog Archives, even The Bee Gees because of their genuine progrock efforts in the early days!

I would like to say sorry to my loyal PA friends but I am leaving forever and
                          will continue my progrock activities on genuine progrock sites like:

For DPRP I am planning: Early Spanish Progrock Albums and Fourty Years Italian
                      Progrock : 1969 -2009, I hope you will be as pleased with these forthcoming articles
                      as with my 101 New Progrock Bands Special, thanks for your huge support  Thumbs Up

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2009 at 15:35
                Indeed Paul, it will take some hours to make a decent review of that 4-CD box Wacko

Funny to notice that after my frequent Latin Prog reviews, this thread
                                               is 'sponsored' by LatinaRomance.com LOL

Edited by erik neuteboom - February 10 2009 at 15:36
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2009 at 14:48
A 4 CD box set to review Erik! Shocked So we'll see you about August Wink Still I'm sure it will be worth it, to hear some new Nemo, so soon after Barbares.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2009 at 11:05

Good idea to check out Sensitiva Immagine, one of the most overlooked Italian progrock gems on this site, I love the way they blend the Selling England .. sound with native vocals, the atmospheres are very warm and melodic. The album E Tutto Comincio Cosi was released as a tape in 1976, I own the Japanese digipack version as a CD release, later Musea re-released it alos on CD plus bonustracks.

Interesting background news about that Scorpions drummer,
                          this is the first time somebody tells me about it, thanks, Paul Thumbs Up

Progwalhalla Hans delivered me the following items to make reviews for his site:

- new Little Tragedies (best new progrock band from Russia)
- Dante Inferno-4-CD-box (Shocked) , including new Nemo and Nexus composiitons)
- Spaghetti Epic 3 (including Little Tragedies and Yesterdays epics)
- Cage (great new prog from Italy)
- Cerchio d'Oro (wonderful new band from Italy)
- Index DVD (from Brazil)
- new Minimum Vital

Thumbs Up

Edited by erik neuteboom - February 10 2009 at 11:21
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2009 at 17:20
Erik, Sensitiva Immagine caught my interest when you draw similarities to Selling England.....one of the greatest albums ever made IMO. I'll check them out. Smile

Looking into Neuschwanstein I was surprised to see Scorpions drummer Herman Rarebell guested on 1 track! One of the least likely Prog drummers I would have thought...a solid player but not much finese.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2009 at 15:26
Pecunia non olet? Could be, but my feet do... time for a shower Big smile
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2009 at 14:19

Back to Italy (a bit further in history than Museo Rosenbach c.s.): pecunia non olet, Angelo Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>