Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 484485486
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2023 at 15:52
^ Love the cover artwork!
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2023 at 07:52
The new song sounds good to me!!!
The Prog Corner
JamWalk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamWalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2023 at 06:14
TFK are not a band that I listen to often, but I do enjoy them whenever I do. I listened to By Royal Decree for the first time earlier and really liked it. I will definitely check out their new album.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2023 at 19:58
Originally posted by JamWalk JamWalk wrote:

TFK are not a band that I listen to often, but I do enjoy them whenever I do. I listened to By Royal Decree for the first time earlier and really liked it. I will definitely check out their new album.

The new one won't be out until September.
JamWalk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamWalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2023 at 03:26
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Originally posted by JamWalk JamWalk wrote:

The new one won't be out until September.
Plenty of time for me to re-listen to all of their albums then.
Magog2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magog2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2023 at 15:13
I just purchased all of The Flower Kings vinyl reissues and they are absolutely stunning! Listening to Stardust We Are was an almost spiritual experience. I don't have a huge vinyl collection, but after listening to these reissues, that has to change.

Edited by Magog2112 - July 28 2023 at 15:15
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2023 at 02:07
Looking forward to the new album! Smile
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2023 at 07:30
Now we have the two first tracks:

So far so good... Smile
Spacekitchen View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacekitchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2023 at 12:52
These are sounding good! I hope we get some quirkier tracks like We Can Make It Work or Letter from their last album
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2023 at 13:39
Very solid record. I'll be posting my Album Review next week. I think. I gotta check with Inside Out to make sure I don't publish too early. But I think fans of the band are in for a couple surprises.
The Prog Corner
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2023 at 15:56
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

Very solid record. I'll be posting my Album Review next week. I think. I gotta check with Inside Out to make sure I don't publish too early. But I think fans of the band are in for a couple surprises.
I'll be "watching" for it........
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 07:08
The Prog Corner
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 11:44
^ Awesome, thanks Scot! 

God Save the Child King!!!!!
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 14:48
^ Yes, thanks Scot, very nice review! Thumbs Up
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2023 at 05:43
Well, I gotta say the new album is pretty solid.

I also have to say that I think I'm already tired of the formula Roine seems to have used since Miracles.  I mean, I understand that he wants to keep that TFK sound, but I just haven't heard anything remotely as good as the albums up to and including Unfold.

That said, I'd still love to see the current band live, especially with Lalle at the keys!  I doubt they will ever come to the USA again though, so Canada might be the closest possibility.  Better yet, why not a live album?

Anyway, like the previous albums I enjoy it while I'm listening to it but then nothing really sticks with me and I really just don't hear any really great material at all.  I also still feel like a lot of tracks are unfinished, just like most of the albums since Miracles. I must say I was disappointed by all the talk of "epics are back!", only to find a single 12 minute song that's really not "epic" at all.  Anyway, a decent album, but just another reminder to me that their best days are well behind them (IMO).
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2023 at 12:31
I'm listening to Stardust We Are right now on cd. I bought it earlier in the year (or maybe last year) but have only gotten around to listening to it right now. I had it a long time ago. So far so good. Maybe one of the albums (certainly one of the double albums) to put prog back on the map (if it was ever off the map). 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 484485486