Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332333 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 23:24
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

Thanks Jim
as a non native Bostonian, I have gained a lot of respect for this New England feistiness.   They know when to act and they know when to step back and give the authorities all the room they need. Yes it's sad about this kid squandering his life, but much sadder for those poor dead and maimed.   Hopefully catching him alive will allow authorities to determine who else might be involved and prevent future attacks, or to find out that nobody else is involved. 

Oh indeed, and I didn't mean to neglect the victims of course....I can't even imagine what those families are dealing with right now, on top of the physical injuries, they may well have much difficulty feeling safe in public. 

Obama said it well tonight, what a sh*t week.   Well, not his exact words, but that's what he probably wanted to say.  It feels like the whole country is breathing a sigh tonight. 

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 23:38
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

I did hear tonight that the Feds have video they haven't shown us yet, video of the kid actually walking up, leaving the pack, and walking away.......

They must.
We saw the pics on Tuesday of a kid with a white hat that looked like him, with a pack, then him in a different spot, without the pack...also that his gaze was the only one out of sync with everyone focused on the runners. I thought it was just him in mid glance, and had his pack on the ground and laughed at those playing home FBI....maybe they accidentally caught it! Nutty isn't it?

I was shocked a definitive video hasn't surfaced yet! With all the cameras around something must've caught them in the actual act.

Hope it gets released ASAP

Edited by JJLehto - April 19 2013 at 23:40
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 23:58
As one Tarantino character would say, I hope they go medieval on him.
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 00:17
They don't fool around in Boston.  They will shut the city down and they will find your ass.  
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
TGM: Orb View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TGM: Orb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 02:58
Originally posted by Drew Drew wrote:

he needs to be tortured

Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

As one Tarantino character would say, I hope they go medieval on him

Originally posted by Evolver Evolver wrote:

I hope he's in a lot of pain.

Hoping for the death penalty myself. 

Classy...
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 03:23
The terrorists that have been caught give many a sigh of relief that its apparently over, but the parents of the suspects swear that its a set up and they are 100 percent they are innocent. I wonder if there is any truth in this. A scapegoat is always necessary in these instances but how could the police get it so wrong? I hope these suspects are the real deal and not just set ups as that would solve nothing. 
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 03:32
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

The terrorists that have been caught give many a sigh of relief that its apparently over, but the parents of the suspects swear that its a set up and they are 100 percent they are innocent. I wonder if there is any truth in this. A scapegoat is always necessary in these instances but how could the police get it so wrong? I hope these suspects are the real deal and not just set ups as that would solve nothing. 

I would think it's natural for any parent to not believe their offspring could do this kind of thing. We'll never know for sure, of course.

For now at least, the people of Boston feel like they can breath again.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 06:30
I am not sure what it is indicative of, but here is my observation: the Tsarnav brethren don't look manic or unstable on their pre-bombing pix.  

I mean, if you look at the pix of Adam Lanza, Jared Lautner and James Holmes, it's kind of hard not to notice that something was misfiring big time in their brains.  

Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 06:35
Originally posted by TGM: Orb TGM: Orb wrote:

he needs to be tortured

Classy...
Sorry if it offends you.
I grew up in Watertown, and for a time lived a block away from where the second turd was captured.
I spend a lot of time in Boston, and these terrorists attacked my city.  
A few people died.  Many lost limbs.
I don't think he should be tortured, but if his injuries cause him enormous pain, good.
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 08:38
Oh well. In other and more positive news, a politician from New Zealand recently gave the speech of 2013, and a hot candidate for the speech of the century in my book. This guy deserves all the awards that can be sent his way for doing his part in passing a law all nations claiming to be civilized should have. Just bloody brilliant.

Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 09:33

he needs to be tortured

Classy...

Sorry.  We get a little emotional when people kill innocent children and maim a whole bunch of people.  But hey, you send him some flowers while he's in the hospital.  I'm sure that will cheer him up.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 10:17
^Instead of flowers I'd send a good pressure cooker and a portable stove so he can cook himself a good healthy stew the poor little misunderstood trouble young smart man.
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 11:04

he needs to be tortured

Classy...

"classy" should never be uttered around such a monster- are you joking??

King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 11:26
I think they went way too far in this crisis. Instituted martial law for a short period of time. They couldn't even find a teenager with all the time they had for an entire day. I don't think there's anything pleasant that comes out of this..
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 12:00
Two losers put bombs in the middle of big crowds killing three people, injuring over a hundred, leaving quite a few of them handicapped for life. I'm not sure a manhunt wasn't warranted.
TGM: Orb View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TGM: Orb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 12:07
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Sorry.  We get a little emotional when people kill innocent children and maim a whole bunch of people.  But hey, you send him some flowers while he's in the hospital.  I'm sure that will cheer him up.

(Pat,) I'm not belittling anyone's grief or anger at the man and his abominable actions. I'm glad that those in Boston can now breathe easy. I think that he should be tried and, if found guilty, go to jail for a very long time and have to live the rest of his life with shame and regret for the suffering and the deaths he caused. But I would hope that, if this happened where I live, if people I loved were affected, that the state would rise above pain, violence and killing as a solution, that it would show itself unambiguously good in response to an evil act of destruction. That it would offer just a little mercy to the unforgivable and all the kindness, generosity and support in the world to those who are injured and bereaved as well as commemoration and celebration of those murdered before their time.

I hope that the US expends as much energy, thought and media coverage on helping those affected as it does on the spectacle of retribution.

Edited by TGM: Orb - April 20 2013 at 12:23
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 12:13
Yeah, I mean great they did catch him but as KoL said. it was martial law over one person that they actually couldn't find for  almost a whole day, until a regular citizen found him dying in his boat?
The thing is all this is difficult to say because even I see how it was successful and justified, 100% but it's a precedent is all I'll say.

Sorry I gotta agree, the use of classy was perfectly acceptable. Sorry to all the victims, but this mentality is disturbing. My god its like we want mob justice and just skin all these people alive. Let emotion of the moment run everything...Not to be mean but what Evolver is basically saying is he grew up there so it impacts him so harshly.
Sooo if you lived in like LA you wouldn't feel the same?  Anger and hate are not the ways to fight anger and hate I thought we knew this.
Not that we shouldn't feel terrible, how can we not?? Innocent people were killed. Just ya know, at best we get a brief passing comment  about the tragedy in Texas...it wasn't terrorism so who cares they died?

Edited by JJLehto - April 20 2013 at 12:16
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 12:19
Ok. Fine.

The one person I don't feel one inch of compassion, understanding, forgiveness or sorry about is the sorry pathetic loser.

Good though that the enlightment of our civilization prevails and garbage like this will be given a fair trial. In places like Saudi Arabia they would probably cut all his limbs as punishment (did someone read about the guy sentenced to have his spinal cord cut -or something- to make him an invalid for life?).
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 12:25
Thing is neither do I or most really.
Well maybe some truly feel for him, but I really hope he rots in jail and lives his life in misery.
I just don't have the feeling of joy over torturing and wanting brutal mob justice. Sorry give me all the philosophical or real life example ya want, I've said my mind and that's that.
And ya know I'm sincere. Not trying to be different or any of that sh*t. Even after we had Bin Laden (which btw I was close to 9/11 and saw all the nightmare from my home) I was appalled by the actual cheering and partying over his death. That's all I repeat, glad it's over and he'll face justice but hate and anger just feed more.

Stone me all ya want
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 12:32
I am appalled about partying over a death. I have expressed that before. Even with Bin Laden or Chavez (whom I detested).

Just don't ask for forgiveness. It's even worse when the guy is just some random young guy. Not a big name terrorist or a dictator. Just a random guy who could've been a member of even this damn forum and nobody would've noticed. A random pathetic loser who was nobody, is nobody, and deserves to die (or live jailed forever) as a nobody.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332333 446>