Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanderGraafKommandöh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 13:41
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Originally posted by James James wrote:

Why is everyone so critical of Barack Obama in this Oil spill crisis?

There's little he can do.  Unless people actually want him to put a snorkle on and swim down there and plug it himself.

I realise the government feel as if they need to do something but I feel he's getting an unnecessary backlash here.

Because that is what Americans do.  We blame the President for everything because we don't have a clue how our government works.

Bush got blamed for plenty of things beyond his immediate control.  The same will happen to Obama.

I would add because this is one of those things when even my libertarian friends Wink will agree the government should step in and fix the damn problem before it becomes the worst ever  which is already the worst ever. And yesterday he was lost and confused in that press conference, which is not that encouraging a sign.  

As President, you can't know everything about everything.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 13:57
Another celebrity death.

Gary Coleman has died of a brain hemorrhage.
VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanderGraafKommandöh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 13:59
Oh.  Sad news indeed.

In pace, requiescat, Gary.
halabalushindigus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halabalushindigus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 14:17
Indeed.. RIP Gary

I'll never forget the way you told Lara Spencer and Neisi Nash of "Insider" to f** k off when they asked you if you had commited a "hit" upon your spouse

You took alot of ribbing but you stayed firm. I will always love you. The sky is Yours Brother

assume the power 1586/14.3
jammun View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 21:26

Top Kill

1. Drilling Mud
2. Oily Rag
3. BP (for My) Bunghole
4. Is It Working?
5. Sorry Barak
6. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The new Top Kill album is out.  As expected, the hit is Drillihg Mud.  Lyrics...

Yer kinda dirty, yer kinda wet
Yer kinda perty, it ain't no sweat
I'm getting high, I'm smokin' bud
I'm into you, I'm drilling mud

I'll post a link to it on last FM once I figure out how to get it there.

Edited by jammun - May 28 2010 at 21:26
Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.
jammun View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 21:34
And why the hell don't the presidents stop this:

Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2010 at 02:32

SCRATCH MY ITCHY TEETH!

A WOO AH AH A WOO AH AH

if you own a sodastream i hate you
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2010 at 07:27
For my uncle, for all of the many

MemorialDay.jpg Happy Memorial Day image by selectschool

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 13:32
Al Gore and Tipper Gore have announced that they are separating after 40 years of marriage.  Refreshingly for a politician, they say that there were no affairs, that the separation was mutally amicable, and that their reason was that all of their years on the road have led them to grow apart. 
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 17:55
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Al Gore and Tipper Gore have announced that they are separating after 40 years of marriage.  Refreshingly for a politician, they say that there were no affairs, that the separation was mutally amicable, and that their reason was that all of their years on the road have led them to grow apart. 

They're hiding something, trust me.  I can't imagine staying together and then separating after 40 years.  Even though it's really none of our business, I'm curious to see where they go from here if all is as they say it is.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 18:00
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

They're hiding something, trust me.  I can't imagine staying together and then separating after 40 years.  Even though it's really none of our business, I'm curious to see where they go from here if all is as they say it is.
It really does seem fishy that is for sure, but you know, when the idea came up for "the rest of your life" people didn't expect that would last more than 20 or 30 years.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 10:45
Rue McClanahan has died at 76.

That means only Betty White is left of the Golden Girls.  Unhappy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 11:58
That was one of my Mom's fave shows, she'll be bummed.

harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 13:30
Here's an interesting article about white unemployment/poverty in Britain: http://www.newgeography.com/content/001598-the-future-of-americas-working-class

Sounds a bit forced IMO.
refugee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote refugee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2010 at 08:33
RIP Arne Nordheim.
He say nothing is quite what it seems;
I say nothing is nothing
(Peter Hammill)
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2010 at 08:47

Why is everyone so critical of Barack Obama in this Oil spill crisis?

There's little he can do.  Unless people actually want him to put a snorkle on and swim down there and plug it himself.

I realise the government feel as if they need to do something but I feel he's getting an unnecessary backlash here.

He spoke out in favor of offshore oil drilling shortly before the disaster.  The left in this country never supported it.  The right criticize him for anything he does in true knee jerk form. 
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 00:49
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 09:46
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

The right criticize him for anything he does in true knee jerk form. 

In sharp contrast to the way the left supported the previous administration?Wink

It's polarized Slarti, for sure, but both sides of the aisle behave this way. 

Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 11:26
^ Ahem, the left criticized the last Bush administration for good reasons.  They exploited 911 for partisan political reasons amongst other things.  The right see pretty much no enemies to the right.  The O man is getting it from both left and has not being as liberal as accused of.

Not particularly New of the day, file this under WTF?:

NAKED PEOPLE, PART 1: An officer dealt with a call about a suspicious truck parked in the driveway of a vacant property on Lookout Avenue. When the officer arrived, he noticed a man and woman “were completely naked, passed out in the truck, and they had three empty bags of cocaine in the vehicle with them,” he wrote. The man, 40, and the woman, 43, went to jail on a public indecency charge. The truck, a 1994 white Mazda B23, was impounded.

Guess it was a good think they had snorted all the blow. LOL

Should give credit to the local independent paper, Creative Loafing:
http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A2447

Edited by Slartibartfast - June 07 2010 at 11:36

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 11:39

"good reasons" are in the eye of the beholder, as you must be aware.  I think the behaviour is very similar despite who the president is.  When the parties don't see eye to eye, opposition happens.  I know you don't really believe its only a phenom of one party. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 446>