Progarchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Agents of Mercy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum SearchSearch  Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAgents of Mercy

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March 23 2006
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2153
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Agents of Mercy
    Posted: May 05 2009 at 14:46
I'm surprised this Roine Stolt project (featuring Nad Sylvan of Unifaun) is not listed on the archives.  I did submit a request for them through email, but never heard anything back.

Their album "The Fading Ghosts Of Twilight" came out a couple of months ago and is very much symphonic prog in every way (though considerably mellower than the Flower Kings, and contains one or two almost folky tracks).
Back to Top
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator

Joined: May 22 2007
Location: Michigan, U.S.
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 49202
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 14:48
I know that there has been some talk regarding them amongst the genre teams.  I don't know where that stands at the moment or with what team they are currently with. 
Back to Top
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar
VIP Member

Joined: October 22 2005
Location: Atlantis
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 52176
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 15:06
Sounds like a bureaucratic goth band.
Aria ariari isa, vena amiria asaria

DEATH TO TOTALITATARIAIANIMISM! UNBAN SHAKESPEARERARE
Back to Top
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Avatar
Errors & Omissions and Crossover Team

Joined: March 04 2005
Location: Kalisz, Poland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1156
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 23:13
Well I think they should be listened here too.
www.progshine.net
website dedicated to Progressive, Podcasts, reviews, news and interviews.

Back to Top
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March 23 2006
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2153
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 09:23
Originally posted by rushfan4

I know that there has been some talk regarding them amongst the genre teams.  I don't know where that stands at the moment or with what team they are currently with. 


Thanks for the info!  I realize that the teams are probably fairly busy at all times (so much prog gets released regularly these days) and have lives outside of here as well.  This one just seemed like a no brainer to me, since Stolt has so many projects already on the archives and this one isn't really a whole lot different from any of those (in that it is still solidly symphonic, as most of his stuff is).


Back to Top
TheCaptain View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: January 04 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1321
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 16:34
I too recommended them via email and haven't heard back. I'm sure a few other people have suggested them too. I'm giving it a 75% chance of being symphonic, 20% neo and 5% eclectic. 
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.
Back to Top
progrules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: September 14 2007
Location: Netherlands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 958
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 00:44
Highly recommended !! And of course everything related to TFK should be added to PA immediately !
(sorry, just a fanboy speaking here, not objective Tongue)
A day without prog is a wasted day
Back to Top
Marty McFly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Errors and Omissions Team

Joined: March 23 2009
Location: Czech Republic
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3942
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 18:16
Indeed, this project is interesting. When I think about it, it's just mostly acoustic thing, nothing big. But this is not how it should be listened. Because when I started just to feel it, it became something special. Try it too. <smile>
There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"
   -Andyman1125 on Lulu



Even my cat believes that :-)
Back to Top
Steve-A View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie


Joined: August 26 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2009 at 15:00

Roine has asked me to set up a forum for AoM, so please ask your questions here...

http://forums.spa-networks.com/aom

Back to Top
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March 23 2006
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2153
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2009 at 10:37
Wow.  I can't believe this hasn't been added yet.  This just seems so obvious, I thought it would be an easy add.
Back to Top
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator

Joined: May 22 2007
Location: Michigan, U.S.
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 49202
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2009 at 10:53

I really do need to get this album.  I've inquired of the symphonic team of their status.

Back to Top
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 11 2006
Location: Nebraska
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1277
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2009 at 11:10
I have been waiting forever just to see a review somewhere on the internet and DPRP finally did one this past week.  First one I had seen.  Hope they get added soon.
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
Back to Top
debrewguy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator

Joined: April 30 2007
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3596
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2009 at 12:54
The MySpace site has been posted to the symphonic team's thread. We'll see what we have.
Any other place that the group might have some samples , Amazon, band site, other music sites ?
"Here I am talking to some of the smartest people in the world and I didn't even notice, Lieutenant Columbo, episode The Bye-Bye Sky-High I.Q. Murder Case.
Back to Top
J-Man View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: August 07 2008
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7819
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 10:25
Originally posted by TheCaptain

I too recommended them via email and haven't heard back. I'm sure a few other people have suggested them too. I'm giving it a 75% chance of being symphonic, 20% neo and 5% eclectic. 


They definitely aren't neo. I would say it would be more like 75% symphonic and 25% eclectic.

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Back to Top
J-Man View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: August 07 2008
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7819
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 10:27
They are also going to be at NJ Proghouse this year.

http://www.njproghouse.com/

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Back to Top
natewait View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: July 08 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 217
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 10:46
I'm a huge fan of this album and was also shocked to not see it on progarchives. I have a review already written on it that I will post as soon as it is added here.
 
I would definitely consider it Symphonic- very much an early Genesis sound to it. I love everything Roine Stolt does, I consider him a modern master of prog. Great stuff and highly recommended to Flower Kings fans.
Please check out my Progressive Music Blog: The Leviathan.
Back to Top
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator

Joined: December 28 2006
Location: Norway
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8097
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2009 at 05:33
Oh well, AOM are in. In neo, at least for now ;-)
The Progressive Rock record labels project: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=85100
Back to Top
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March 23 2006
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2153
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2009 at 09:58
Yeah, neo, weird.  Not what I would have expected.  Doesn't sound like any Neo I've listened to (but to be fair, I haven't listed to a great deal of it, maybe half a dozen or so bands).

Just glad to see it finally added Clap
Back to Top
AstralliS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 19 2009
Location: Serbia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 569
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 05:06
PROG SPHERE just completed an interview with vocalist Nad Singer of Agents of Mercy. The interview is available on http://prog-sphere.blogspot.com/2010/05/nad-sylvan-agent-of-mercy.html. Read what Nad has said about upcoming AoM album, his career, influences,...
Back to Top
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: September 20 2009
Location: TEHRAN-IRAN
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 646
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 06:22
I think AoM is symphonic and vocalist try to be similar to Peter gabriel ( Genesis era). BUT i dont like copy in all shapes. After " Citizen Cain" now AoM try to copy Genesis influences. If you want to undrestand my opinion , i refer you to " Flower King" , " Simon Says" and band like these. They are ORGINAL and " symphonic" without copying " Genesis" specially  FLOWER KING . The great band with powerful performance and technics.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.69
Copyright ©2001-2010 Web Wiz

This page was generated in 0.094 seconds.