Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRushfan4's New CD Thread 9 - Roswell Six

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 10:40
Originally posted by jampa17 jampa17 wrote:

I only have the chance to listen to 4 tracks of the album at their myspace site, because I don't have enough money right now to spend in an import... my comic book geekeness is leaving me poor... but what I have heard is quite interesting, less bussy than Ayreon in the musical approach. I find very interesting the vocal colors, which are very different but merged very well...

I hope I get enough money to buy the album, like it seems the art is interesting... Is it digipack or regular cd artwork?
I never really went through a comic book geekiness phase.  I'm not really sure why since I fit the bill.  Anyhow, my copy is regular CD artwork. I'm not aware if there is a digipack version or not.
jampa17 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 10:52
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Originally posted by jampa17 jampa17 wrote:

I only have the chance to listen to 4 tracks of the album at their myspace site, because I don't have enough money right now to spend in an import... my comic book geekeness is leaving me poor... but what I have heard is quite interesting, less bussy than Ayreon in the musical approach. I find very interesting the vocal colors, which are very different but merged very well...

I hope I get enough money to buy the album, like it seems the art is interesting... Is it digipack or regular cd artwork?
I never really went through a comic book geekiness phase.  I'm not really sure why since I fit the bill.  Anyhow, my copy is regular CD artwork. I'm not aware if there is a digipack version or not.

Well, until I get a new job, seems like I won't be able to buy a copy of it... but I'm really interested in the production... now, the book sounds interesting but what give me the creeps is how they are selling it like "based on the best seller epic..." you know... if a book is a best seller, that's the best thing for me to NOT buying it...

Well, one day you will find a comic that you will like Scott, and then, the rest is that you need a new library to put all your collections of comics... I know I only buy one comic book collection of GIJOE just to see how it was and now I have 5 collections... and I'm really poor... jajaja...
Change the program inside... Stay in silence is a crime.
BigBoss View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 10:55

There is no digipack, and right now we're running a special at ProgRock Records to get both CD's for just $23.95.

The press release is talking about Kevin Anderson being a bestselling author in general, he's had a good half dozen books on the NY Times bestseller list.  It's all part of the promotion, we need to get eyes on this, so we have to talk up the pedigree of thepeople involved.

I'd be curious to hear peoples thoughts on the 3 new tracks we put up this week.  I'll have audio samples of all the songs up later today probably.

Best Regards,
Shawn Gordon
President
ProgRock Records
www.progrockrecords.com
www.mindawn.com
BigBoss View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 13:19

ok, we now have 3 songs in full and shorter samples of all songs on our site at http://www.progrockrecords.com/shop/view.php?id=222

there are a variety of pre-sale offers that you can see by going to http://www.progrockrecords.com/artists/view.php?id=116

To address an earlier comment about 'breaking new ground', I saw this on a number of reviews and it really kind of had me puzzled.  We in no way ever said anything about the music breaking new ground, the music was the tool for telling the story, and we talked a lot about instrumentation to use and such, like avoiding contemporary instruments, but doing it all on a Lute and skin drums wasn't practical, so we went with Eriks strengths with writing and instruments.  So the 'breaking new ground' was sort of a false expectation.  The idea was to have the music help tell the story and take you away.

Now, that all said, the new album is radically different than the first album with Henning Pauly doing the music.  Give it a listen and see what you think.

Best Regards,
Shawn Gordon
President
ProgRock Records
www.progrockrecords.com
www.mindawn.com
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 13:27
I'll definitely check them out shortly.  I have a number of Henning Pauly and Chain albums, so I do like his work.  I am curious to hear how the new album sounds.
progmetalhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2010 at 14:02
Liking it, especially Barricade!! Approve
http://www.last.fm/user/colt2112

Colt - Admin Team MMA

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2010 at 13:03
I was hoping to have finished the book during the month but I still have quite a ways to go.  Anyhow, as is my custom on the last day of the month I am giving this month's album its final spin of the month before I move on to next month's recommendation.  I am looking forward to the sequels, both in the book and the new CD.  I still need to give those new songs a listen.  Maybe after I finish this album up.  Hopefully at least a few of you found a nice album with this recommendation.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 08:22
2 months later, but I finally finished reading the book this morning.  That is what happens when you only read in 10-15 minutes stints once or twice a week. LOL  Anyhow, I found the book to be an entertaining read.  I was left wanting more, and fortunately there is/will be a sequel available to provide more.  I am looking forward to seeing where Mr. Anderson takes the story.  Now that I have finished the book I am revisiting the CD.  I wish that my ears were better at picking up the sung words so that I could follow along with their story as I listen, but I don't seem to be capable of doing so.  (One of my biggest problems with most of the music that I love).  I will have to resort to following along to the words in the booklet, which means finding an hour to lock myself in a room by myself with no distractions, which is mostly always easier said than done.  Anyhow, hopefully I will be able to do so shortly (hopefully sooner than the additional 2 months it took me to read the book).  And if it all goes well, maybe, just maybe, a review will follow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123