Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPatrick Moraz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patrick Moraz
    Posted: February 24 2005 at 12:55
pat "pencil sharpener in the chin" moraz!
[HEADPINS - LINE OF FIRE: THE RECORD HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL GUITAR SOUND IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MUSIC!>
Fitzcarraldo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 12:36

It's always nice to find a fellow fan!

MORAZ, PATRICK The Story of I progressive rock album and reviews MORAZ, PATRICK - The Story of I
Review by bass player @ 12:18:39 PM EST, 2005-02-24

5 stars  —   Sorry, I don't agree with Dieter Fischer. Of my complete collection (more than 1500 Lps and CDs)"The story of I " is one of the 10 albums I would take on a desert island. I found it was a masterpiece when it came out about 30 years ago, and now I find it still incredible. The strength of the pieces is intact. The inspiration is wonderful, the musicianship incredible : this album is full of brillant ideas, a fireworks of great compositions. From the beginning to the end of the album, it's a succession of great ideas, incredibly developped and played. It's because of this record that I'm a musician now.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2004 at 20:34

In fact, if the Webmaster decides to adopt my suggestion, I would be happy to scan the "I" album cover (CD cover, as my LP is long since gone) and to provide the trrack list and times of each track.

Webmaster? (Just let me know how to get the pdf and information to you.)

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2004 at 21:37

On the strength of the album "I" alone, Patrick Moraz should be added to the archives. I remember the excitement in the rock music press when this LP came out in 1976. I rushed out to buy it and was not disappointed. Years later I got the CD and rediscovered this excellent progressive symphony. Some parts are stunning in my opinion. I just love the Brazilian influence and Moraz's use of synthesizer and piano. The song Best Years Of Our Lives still brings a lump to my throat. A magical album.

Post Reply Post Reply