Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 493>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2021 at 04:49
^ Thanks, done.
PrimeReviewsMusic View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeReviewsMusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2021 at 22:49
YES Tormato reviews (progarchives.com)

The song Don't Kill The Whale is listed as 4:56 but it should be 3:56 instead.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2021 at 15:43
^ Thanks, Mayer, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2021 at 15:32
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=11170
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=64727

Jens Lueck not 
Jens Dueck

from his website  https://singlecelledorganism.com
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2021 at 06:48
^ I think we should keep both, as they are slightly different releases. (release release...LOL anyway...)

But I updated http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=14329 with track times and corrected a funny typo: Abelene instead of Abilene! Well, it's more funny in French: Abelene sounds somewhat like "baleine", and it means whale... Wink
PrimeReviewsMusic View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeReviewsMusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2021 at 00:59
I noticed that YES Release, Release reviews (progarchives.com) is already present on YES Don't Kill The Whale reviews (progarchives.com) under the UK version however the order is just swapped. Do you think it should still be kept?
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 21:33
^ Fair comment. There's not a great deal of info on this recording generally but (I think) the album was recorded in Dec '77 but as you state, there is no prevailing consensus when it was actually released.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 20:56
^ Well, 1977 or 1978, how can we be sure? Many reputable websites state 1977, others say 1978... Confused
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 20:12
Not a biggie really but I think the year of release for La Vieille Que L'On Brûla by Ripaille was 1978 (not 1977)

BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 07:31
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

^^ Thanks David, done.

^ Thanks Friederike, I've made some changes for this album. According to Discogs, many editions were made since 1974. The first to have the "Magma" stamp on it was made in 2015, so I think we could keep it under the "Christian Vander" name. But feel free to contact the Zeuhl team if you think I'm wrong. Wink

It was first released under the Magma name in 1989, not 2015, and has always been part Magma’s Theusz Hamtaahk trilogy. As far as I’m aware it has always been regarded as a Magma album, even while it was released under Vander’s name. I have read, but don’t know how true this is, that it was intended to be released as a Magma album with the Wurdah Itah title, but because of complications regarding its use as a soundtrack, it ended up under Vander’s name.

as far as I remember it was like this: either the director or, more likely, the producer of the movie wanted the name of a composer, not the name of a band, attached to the score of the movie, so it was released as a solo album by Vander

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 05:25
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

^^ Thanks David, done.

Sorry Julien, I used the AFT tool to get the total time for the CD version of that Mystery concert, and copied the track list with times directly from Discogs. I forgot to add in that on CD2:

5. Superstar (8:49)
6. Till the Truth Comes Out (8:26)
7. The Sailor and the Mermaid (5:17)

are three bonus tracks that weren't included on the DVD. There was originally a line just above those three tracks on our page for the album which read "Bonus Tracks" (though it wasn't easy to spot at first glance). Maybe this line should be added back in to make it clear which are the bonus tracks referred to in the releases information? Embarrassed
Thanks, fixed! Smile
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 05:24
^ Thanks. You've convinced me. So I made the change, and added more details in Release information.

nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 02:10

^^ Thanks David, done.

^ Thanks Friederike, I've made some changes for this album. According to Discogs, many editions were made since 1974. The first to have the "Magma" stamp on it was made in 2015, so I think we could keep it under the "Christian Vander" name. But feel free to contact the Zeuhl team if you think I'm wrong. Wink

It was first released under the Magma name in 1989, not 2015, and has always been part Magma’s Theusz Hamtaahk trilogy. As far as I’m aware it has always been regarded as a Magma album, even while it was released under Vander’s name. I have read, but don’t know how true this is, that it was intended to be released as a Magma album with the Wurdah Itah title, but because of complications regarding its use as a soundtrack, it ended up under Vander’s name.

I definitely have always felt it is wrong to have the album listed under Vander here, rather than Magma. It feels to me to be more pedantry than anything else. When Magma created their own record label, Seventh, Wurdah Itah was one of the first Magma albums to be released, to finally put it into Magma’s discography, where Vander felt it belonged, rather than within his own catalogue.

When the band themselves consider it to be a Magma album, it is almost rude to leave it under Vander’s name just because (again, presuming what I’ve read is true) back in the day it was released under that name against the wishes of the band.

[EDIT] My apologies. I went to Discogs, and the 1989 Seventh release has the same artwork as the 2012 Seventh artwork, but is still under the Vander name. I think it is because it has the Magma logo that I wrongly assumed it was released under the Magma name. However, it is clearly Magma by that logo - so much so that I ignored the fact that Vander’s name is over the logo. The artwork is exactly the same otherwise for the 2012 release, which looks to be the first (official) release under the Magma name - so still earlier than 2015, albeit not by much. The 2015 is the one with new cover art.

Even with this faux pas on my part, I still think it makes more sense for it to be under Magma on PA, rather than Vander.

Edited by nick_h_nz - April 09 2021 at 02:20
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2021 at 22:10

^^ Thanks David, done.

Sorry Julien, I used the AFT tool to get the total time for the CD version of that Mystery concert, and copied the track list with times directly from Discogs. I forgot to add in that on CD2:

6. Till the Truth Comes Out (8:26)
7. The Sailor and the Mermaid (5:17)

are three bonus tracks that weren't included on the DVD. There was originally a line just above those three tracks on our page for the album which read "Bonus Tracks" (though it wasn't easy to spot at first glance). Maybe this line should be added back in to make it clear which are the bonus tracks referred to in the releases information? Embarrassed
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2021 at 21:42
^^ Thanks David, done.

BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2021 at 19:53
The official Magma homepage lists "Ẁurdah Ïtah" as a Magma album with this cover:

The archive lists the album as a Christian Vander solo release (it was originally released this way). However, since it is the second part of Magma's Theusz Hamtaahk Trilogy it makes perfect sense to list the album under Magma. I suggest to the Zeuhl team to discuss this issue.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2021 at 18:52
Another Mystery concert available on 2CDs (as well as DVD), but this one currently has no track timings: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=54821.

CD1
1. Delusion Rain (10:20) 
2. Travel To The Night (8:45) 
3. If You See Her (5:57) 
4. Another Day (18:20) 
5. Wall Street King (6:28) 
6. Pride (7:25) 
7. The Last Glass Of Wine (6:51) 
8. Dear Someone (6:16) 

Total time 70:22

CD2
1. Shadow Of The Lake (12:11) 
2. A Song For You (12:57) 
3. Through Different Eyes (20:42) 
4. The Preacher's Fall (4:14) 
6. Till The Truth Comes Out (8:26) 
7. The Sailor And The Mermaid (5:17) 

Total time 72:36

Note: The DVD version has no track timings either, but has a slightly different track running order (tracks 8 & 9 ('Shadow of the Lake' and 'Dear Someone') are reversed from how they are placed on the CD version, and are thus probably edited differently regarding the 'talky bits' in between, so timings may not be exactly the same. The last three songs on the 2CD version are 'bonus tracks', which is already mentioned on our page, but our page for the DVD is missing track 10, "A Song for You", so the last two tracks are numbered wrongly (and both have formatting typos between the numbers and the actual track titles too).

Discogs page for the DVD version, but no track timings are given except for the backstage video of  "The Last Glass of Wine".

Edit: DVD track times can be got from Unicorn Digital's upload of the concert to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sWEvSSYxe8.

1. Delusion Rain (11:00)
2. Travel to the Night (9:20)
3. If You See Her (6:10)
4.​ Another Day (19:15)
5. Wall Street King (6:45)
6. Pride (7:40)
7. The Last Glass of Wine (7:07)
8. Shadow of the Lake (12:43)
9. Dear Someone (6:26)
10. A Song for You (13:34)
11. Through Different Eyes (22:02)
12. The Preacher's Fall (4:38)

Total time 126:40 (taken a few seconds after the end of the final song)

The DVD Actually finishes at 129:50, including the closing thanks from the band to the audience and the roll of credits at the end.

Edited by yam yam - April 08 2021 at 21:02
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2021 at 17:32
^ Timings were off, so I updated that. CD 2 was 81:34, which is impossible! Shocked
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2021 at 17:25
^ Thanks, David, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2021 at 17:02
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 493>