Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 493>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2019 at 08:36
Jean-Jacques Kravetz's only solo album lacks some information. The bass player is not mentioned. The bass was played by Carl-G. Stephan.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2019 at 08:39
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

The Hawklords album "25 Years On" is strangely missing in the archives. I suggest it should be added under the Hawkwind moniker.
Sorry but Hawklords have been rejected by the PSIKE Team and their album should not be here. 

The Hawklords are no-one else but Hawkwind under a different name for legal reasons (there was some trouble about using the name after Nik Turner left), so the album definitely has to be added under Hawkwind. It is an absolutely typical album of Hawkwind at that time. So this decision of the PSIKE team makes no sense at all.

Edited by BaldFriede - March 21 2019 at 08:45

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2019 at 09:00
^ I'm argueing for admin decision on this.

(recovered it from limbo after you former post but it got deleted again, let's wait ...)
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 10:12
In the profile for the band 801 there are two pictures of the Dixie Dregs but none of 801(or even anyone from that band). 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - March 24 2019 at 10:14
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 12:20
^ I guess it's up to my colleague, he loves pictures of differen't line-ups. Is it so, Josè? 

P.S. The 801 band page.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 13:25
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ I guess it's up to my colleague, he loves pictures of differen't line-ups. Is it so, Josè? 

P.S. The 801 band page.

It's not a different lineup. It's a different band altogether.LOL
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 14:16
Dixie Dregs identifier on the DB is number 801, so I guess something went terribly wrong when I updated that band's page a long while ago, and its photo apparentely went both ways: to "Dixie" (band 801 on the DB) and to "801".

Remains to be understood how/why  this happened, for now I updated "801" page and will take a look later to confirm everything's alright .

Thanks all
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 14:46
^ Looks like it's OK now.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 18:39
That's better. Thanks for doing it(since it was my suggestion). Btw, what happened to the album covers and artists section? It looks like it was closed. I was going to post this on there too but couldn't. 
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 03:21
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Btw, what happened to the album covers and artists section? It looks like it was closed. I was going to post this on there too but couldn't. 

You're right, I've asked admin to take a look, let's wait.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 03:44
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

That's better. Thanks for doing it(since it was my suggestion). Btw, what happened to the album covers and artists section? It looks like it was closed. I was going to post this on there too but couldn't. 
Sorry I've reopened it. Thanks for your patience.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 03:59
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Jean-Jacques Kravetz's only solo album lacks some information. The bass player is not mentioned. The bass was played by Carl-G. Stephan.

Updated the whole thing, thanks !
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 10:39
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61844
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61845

Duplicate, keep 61845
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 10:49
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61844
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61845

Duplicate, keep 61845

I have deleted album #61844.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2019 at 12:34
About this new release:

SERGE FIORI - SEUL ENSEMBLE
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61737

A few weeks ago, I added it to the HARMONIUM page, under the "Studio albums" category. Then someone moved it to the "Live albums" category.

It is NOT a live album. It should be either under "Studio albums" or "Boxset & Compilations".

It really feels like a "best of" compilation, but all tracks have been reworked with lots of instruments added and/or removed, so I am not sure which category should be used.

Thanks!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2019 at 14:37
^ OK, if it's not live and it is reworked I moved it to Studio.

But in my opinion adding the album to Harmonium discography is not a good move. Yes, it's the easiest way to add an album, but if we start to add solo albums to bands' dicographies the whole database will turn to a mess.

Correct way would be to add Serge Fiori as a separate artist, but to do this you have to pass the whole "Suggest new artists" procedure. By the way, we already have Fiori-Séguin entry.  

Edited by NotAProghead - March 28 2019 at 14:38
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2019 at 15:30
^ Well, I understand your concern, but in this case, all the music is from the 70's:

- 17 tracks are taken from the original Harmonium studio albums
- 2 tracks are taken from the Fiori-Séguin studio album

So I guess we can consider it to be "Harmonium", can we?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2019 at 17:29
^ Formally we can't. Smile Like this album containing only Uriah Heep songs is not a Uriah Heep album.

I'm not familiar with Serge Fiori discography. On discogs he has a separate entry, it would be better to have it on PA too. But what genre? Fiori-Séguin is under Prog Folk. If other Fiori albums belong to Prog Folk it's worth to modify Fiori-Seguin to Serge Fiori page and add his other albums (obviously with Prog Folk team approval).

In case of having "Seul Ensemble" under Harmonium there are possible scenarios:
1. it will stay there to the end if not of the world but at least of this site;
2. once it will be reported as non-Harmonium record and deleted (with all its reviews).

projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2019 at 17:51
^ Interesting debate!

Serge Fiori only made two studio albums by himself:
- Serge Fiori (1986 eponymous album)
- Serge Fiori (2014 eponymous album)

Both albums are mainly pop, with very few hints of prog.

Thanks for the Uriah Heep example, but the "Serge Fiori - Seul Ensemble" is different, I think. They didn't re-record the songs, they only took the original tapes, and done some remixing, editing and overdubbing. The final result is slightly different from the original takes, but they are still pretty much Harmonium original songs. Maybe we should edit the "Line-up / Musicians" details on the PA page to ensure that this album stays there:

Overdubs by:
- Serge Fiori / vocals, guitars
- Louis-Jean Cormier / guitars, bass, synth, perc, vocals
- Alex Mc Mahon / piano, keyboards, bass, drums, perc, vocals
- Guillaume Chartrain / bass, vocals

[...]

Harmonium and Fiori-Séguin songs reworked for...

In fact, I think they choose the "Serge Fiori" name just because he is the main composer. But in my opinion, it should have been labeled "Harmonium" instead.

Edited by projeKct - March 28 2019 at 18:17
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 06:27
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Correct way would be to add Serge Fiori as a separate artist, but to do this you have to pass the whole "Suggest new artists" procedure. By the way, we already have Fiori-Séguin entry.  

I raised this exact same question with the Symphonic (Harnomium) and Folk (Fiori) teams, but still waiting for their answer.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 493>