Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 491>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2016 at 16:42
^ Mayer, thanks for reporting duplications, Andy Webb deleted excessive entry.

As for "LIVE albums are under EP", the category is "Singles, EPs, Fan Club & Promo". Keyword here is "Fan Club". There is a number of "official" King Crimson live albums (they are in LIVE section) and a countless live recordings for die-hard fans (they are in FAN CLUB).

Edited by NotAProghead - March 12 2016 at 19:49
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2016 at 09:52
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1361

Hi Eugene,
I happened to notice you included the US and not the Japanese 1st CD edition (2 years prior) - any special reason I should be aware of, or am I just being a pain in the ass ? Geek

I mean, you once opened my eyes to the shadowy situation of a certain Russian label, is there a similiarity here or was it just a lapse ?

Thanks, mate

Edited by NotAProghead - March 07 2016 at 18:48
DDPascalDD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDPascalDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2016 at 12:12
The Pink Floyd bio stops at 2001 (with "Echoes", The Best of Pink Floyd and DSOTM remaster (btw is that remaster worth metioning?)). I think at least The Endless River should be mentioned, as it is the very end.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 07 2016 at 18:33
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2016 at 18:03

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45294

CD 1

1. Time to Understand (14:57)

2. Rhythm of the Spheres (18:08)

3. Sanctuary (10:33)

4. La Montańa del Vigía (4:24)

Total Time 48:02

CD 2

1. Spring Knocks on the Door of Men (26:15)

2. Flying to the Sun (9:37)

3. Cosmic Man (9:37)

4. The Return (3:56)

5. Firth of Fifth (Fragment) (5:29)

Total Time 54:54

E&O Team: Thanks, Mayer, done.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 07 2016 at 18:23
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2016 at 18:33
Originally posted by DDPascalDD DDPascalDD wrote:

The Pink Floyd bio stops at 2001 (with "Echoes", The Best of Pink Floyd and DSOTM remaster (btw is that remaster worth metioning?)). I think at least The Endless River should be mentioned, as it is the very end.

I think it's because nobody bothered to continue the story.
Actually there were more events after 2001: one-night reunion for Live 8, then Syd Barrett and Rick Wright passed away. I'm not sure "The Endless River" is the very end. 

If you'd like to add something to PF bio, please post your text in the forum, we'll add it (with or without edits) to the band's page.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2016 at 18:47
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1361

Hi Eugene,
I happened to notice you included the US and not the Japanese 1st CD edition (2 years prior) - any special reason I should be aware of, or am I just being a pain in the ass ? Geek

I mean, you once opened my eyes to the shadowy situation of a certain Russian label, is there a similiarity here or was it just a lapse ?

Thanks, mate

José, I don't remember why I did not mention 1st Japanese CD edition. I can only say that piracy was not an issue. Maybe I missed it or, more likely, I thought that early Japanese CDs are too exotic and the "real" CD reissue for wider audience was 1990 EG edition.
Please add any reissues which you think deserve to be mentioned.
Quebecois View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quebecois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2016 at 13:43
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1227

"[T]he Japanese soprano Djong Yun" cannot be a true statement because it's not a Japanese name.

E&O Team: Thanks, done.
After some Google search changed it to "the Korean soprano singer Djong Yun".

Edited by NotAProghead - March 09 2016 at 14:30
propinquity View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote propinquity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 04:50
hello,

Is there something I can do to make it easier to fix the artist page for Hedersleben?

please see my post here:
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=82726&PID=5290890#5290890

Edited by NotAProghead - March 12 2016 at 21:06
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 09:13
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51584

Album name on the cover I / [Time]

E&O Team: Thanks, done.
I'm not sure what's correct, brackets () or square brackets []. I used () like on ITunes and the band's website.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 10 2016 at 16:32
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 16:34
Originally posted by propinquity propinquity wrote:

hello,

Is there something I can do to make it easier to fix the artist page for Hedersleben?

please see my post here:
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=82726&PID=5290890#5290890

Thanks for reminding me and sorry for the delay. Actually I didn't forget it but was too busy. Hope I'll sort this out in 1-2 days. 

Edited by NotAProghead - March 12 2016 at 21:06
propinquity View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote propinquity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 04:04
thank you so very much.  If there is anything I can do to make it easier, I would be happy to. 

cheers

Edited by NotAProghead - March 12 2016 at 21:05
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 06:50
Hi Eugene,
How do you find the updates I've been doing by myself - any comments ?
If you find the time and wiil, please let me know, thanks

Edited by NotAProghead - March 12 2016 at 18:23
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 07:09
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=256
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7407

The band started with the name "Solaris" and have changed it thru the years to "Solaris Fusion" then to "Nostradamus" and recently came back again as Solaris.

Couldn't we make a cross reference on the Bios of both bands (with a link as I've seen done on some pages) and maybe generalize this kind of "Hyperlinks" to other similar cases ?

Just a suggestion, what do you people think?

Edited by NotAProghead - March 11 2016 at 11:34
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 09:06
^ Thanks, Jose.

I usually add such "hyperlinks" when updating pages of familiar bands. 
In most cases links work well, but sometimes they cause a problem - you click "read more" and the whole bio text disappears. I guess it's because artists' pages in general are not adjasted to hyperlinks and tags.

In case of Solaris there are several related bands (artists) on PA:

OK, I'll try to add cross-references.

By the way, do what do you think of this sentence from NOSTRADAMUS bio:
"In 1999 SOLARIS had released their last studio album called "Nostradamus: Book of Prophecies" with members that would later form SOLARIS"?
Looks like a bullsh*t.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 11 2016 at 11:34
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 09:44
Yeah, I did notice too, I guess he meant "Solaris Fusion" and dropped the last word - nothing too hard to mend

Edited by NotAProghead - March 11 2016 at 11:35
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 10:25
^ Hardly so.

Solaris "Nostradamus" line-up (http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1238):
- Csaba Bogdán / guitar
- Róbert Erdész / synthesizers (Waldorf Wave, Akai S6000, Moog Prodigy, Emu Protheus XR-2, Doepfer MS-404, Korg Mi, Yamaha TX 802)
- Attila Kollár / flute, vocals
- Gábor Kisszabó / basses
- Tamás Pócs / basses
- László Gömör / drums, percussion

Vali Barcsik - billentyűs hangszerek 
György Bartha - fuvola 
László Gömör - dobok 
András Káptalan - gitárok 
Tamás Pócs - basszusgitár

Only 2 common members.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 11 2016 at 11:35
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 11:34
^^^^ Added cross-references on pages of Solaris and related bands/artists. Corrected Nostradamus bio.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 12 2016 at 21:24
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 14:09
Good work, mate Thumbs Up
Do you want me to point other similar cases (cross references) as I might find them ?

Edited by NotAProghead - March 12 2016 at 21:24
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2016 at 18:23
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Hi Eugene,
How do you find the updates I've been doing by myself - any comments ?
If you find the time and wiil, please let me know, thanks

The ones I saw are OK. Can't say I monitor them though.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2016 at 21:05
Originally posted by propinquity propinquity wrote:

Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ No problem, anyway I'll notice your new post.

hello. 

I'm back a bit later than I had anticipated...

here is the biography for Hedersleben:

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9191

Hedersleben was hatched in the village of the same name on the outskirts of Quedlinburg, Germany by British guitarist, Nicky Garratt​.​

In 2012 Garratt became the music director for Hawkwind’s Nik Turner.
Garratt, a founding member of the iconic punk band UK Subs, pulled together musicians to collaborate, and record Nik Turner’s Space Gypsy album in Los Angeles.

After a short incubation period, the prototype version of Hedersleben manifested from the promotional line-up of Nik Turner​'​s Space Gypsy.

​In August 2013, Hedersleben
joined ​keyboard/flute/sitar player Joel Vandroogenbroeck,​ founder of the revolutionary Krautrock band Brainticket, to collaborate, and record​ ​​ Past, Present, and Future, the first Brainticket studio album in 15 years​.

Hedersleben recorded their debut album, Upgoer back to back with Brainticket’s Past, Present & Future.

In October 2013 Hedersleben embarked on their first national tour, both opening for​,​ and backing Nik Turner. ​ ​​(​Hedersleben has opened for, and backed Nik Turner on tour in 2013, 2014​,​ and 2015.​)​

Hedersleben's second album, Die Neuen Welten
​ (2014)​
​.​​ ​(The New Worlds) takes humanities aspirations for upward exploration, the subject of the first album Upgoer, to the next stage.

Zu Den Neuen Welten, (To The New Worlds), celebrates the multitude of new worlds found by the Kepler Space telescope. ​ the album ​features guest vocalist Kati Knox.

Side A of Die Neuen​,​ Welten was set to film by San Francisco filmmaker​,​ Er​​​​​re​n Franklin​: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Y-LF5shz8

A one off gig in June 2014, featured special guest Captain Sensible of The Damned on second guitar.​ ​The show was filmed ​at ​1-2-3-4 Go! Records in Oakland, California​: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9xeM_p0GBY

​Hedersleben's third album, The Fall Of Chronopolis
(2015)
is a concept album that​​ ​follows the epic story of the rise and fall of the Chronotic Empire​,​ based on the book ​of the same name, ​by Barrington J. Bayley.

Hedersleben was signed by Cleopatra Records in time for the release of The Fall Of Chronopolis.

please see Rivertree's review of Die Neuen Welten here:
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1455654

Hedersleben is the backing band for Nik Turner's Space Gypsy album (2013):
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=42660

Hedersleben is also the backing band for Brainticket's Past, Present, and Future album (2015)
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=47968

and in your response,
"Please let us know what's wrong in this text (http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9191)"

"HEDERSLEBEN is a
​ ​
​(1)
​ ​
German Krautrock band from Hedersleben
(2)
formed in 2011,
​(3)
initially playing as Nik TURNER's backing and opening band.
​(4)​
The band is led by guitarrist
​(5) ​
Nicky BARRETT and
​ ​
​ (6)​
suffered many line-up changes.

​(7)​
Their two albums "Upgoer" (2013) and
​(8)​
"Die Neuen Welen" (2014)
​ ​
(9)
are mainly influenced by POPOL VUH, NEU! and CAN.

​(10)
Most songs focus on the psychedelic keyboard/electronic work and feature ethereal female vocals and skilful drumming.

If you're looking for a great modern Krautrock band with classic roots but still sounds fresh and innovative, you just found it!"

(1) German Krautrock band from Hedersleben   <------ San Francisco, but created in Hedersleben, Germany

(2) formed in 2011  (2012)

(3) initially playing as Nik TURNER's backing and opening band.   <------ sort of, please see bio above.

(4)    ​
"led by guitarrist"  ...
​ ​
guitarist
​ ​
​​
<-------
​  
is spelled like this 
​ ​
; )

(5)    ​
"Nicky BARRETT<------
​should be  Nicky Garratt

(6)   "suffered many line-up changes."  ... 
​​
<------ 
dreadful...  how about strengthened by
?  improved with?  enhanced by?  - even better, please see Rivertree's new review here: http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1524884

(7)  "Die Neuen Welen"  
​​
<-------
(spelling error. it should be Die Neuen Welten)

(8)  Their two albums...      <--------  three albums, and working on a fourth - one per year so far.

(9)  are mainly influenced by POPOL VUH, NEU! and CAN. <--------- Amon Düül 2, Can, Grobschnitt, Caravan, and most importantly, Magma

(10)  Most songs focus on the psychedelic keyboard/electronic work and feature ethereal female vocals (Katie has an ethereal voice, not Ariana)
and the focus is mainly acoustic guitar, and electric guitar, (the guitarist founded the band after well over a decade of planning, he composed the majority of the music, selected the musicians, named it after the village where he has a house in Germany...)

*please let me know if any of this would be better for you written, or formatted differently.  I am more than happy to accommodate.

I will send a new band photograph as soon as possible...

Thank you for your patience.  It is greatly appreciated.

cheers

Thanks, done.

Please look at the result: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9191
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 491>