Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 492>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2016 at 09:15
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

^ Yes, indeed, more than deserved Thumbs Up

From a quick research I also collected the reference to the synths used: Minimoog, ARP Odyssey and   EMS Synthi AKS.
It seems that voice and vocoder are exclusively used on track 1.

Updated according to the 2009 credits. Please confirm.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2016 at 13:04
^
E&O Team: Thanks, done.

Corrected some spelling and editing
Added more details (Klaus R. is credited with guitar), artwork and releases
Changed the cover for the correct original Philips LP

Edited by Quinino - March 25 2016 at 13:04
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2016 at 14:49
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=8995

This one is tough, need help

The 1st edition (for export) is from 1974 and named " The Blue Effect - A Benefit Of Radim Hladík "
with a different cover from the one on PA;
The cover on the album's page is actually from the Czech release (1975) named "Modrý Efekt & Radim Hladík" which also has a different track order (and titles in Czech language, I suppose).

A little confusion but nothing we can't deal with, let's see:

I propose to adopt this Track List

1. Shoes (Boty) (09:57)
2. Tea-Room (Čajovna) (4:01)
3. Jigsaw Puzzle (Skládanka) (5:49) 
4. Lost-And-Found (Ztráty a nálezy ) (5:12)
5. Hypertension (Hypertenze) (12:30)

Total time 37:29

Bonus tracks on 2000 Remastered release:
6. Armageddon (6:22) (*)
7. Clara (4:13) (#)

Total time 48:04

(*) From "Hallo Nr. 10"  VVAA compilation - Radio studio Berlin, 1973
(#) From "Hallo Nr. 9"  VVAA compilation -  LIVE, Kulturhaus Leuna, 1973

And releases would go like this

LP PZO Artia / Supraphon 1 13 1586 (1974, Czechoslovakia) Export version titled "The Blue Effect: A Benefit Of Radim Hladík" with different cover and track order.
LP Supraphon 1 13 1777 (1975, Czechoslovakia)

CD Bonton 495274-2 (2000, Czech Republic) Remastered by Jiří Charypar w/ 2 bonus tracks

What about the cover ?

Thanks for your suggestions

Probably not a best solution, but if international release is earlier I would:
1. Change the title to "The Blue Effect - A Benefit Of Radim Hladík (Modrý Efekt & Radim Hladík)", because I think it's better known as "Modrý Efekt & Radim Hladík".
2. Use the cover of international release (according to PA rule to use the cover of earliest edition).
3. Give track lists of both versions.

4. Change suggested releases info as follows:
LP PZO Artia / Supraphon 1 13 1586 (1974, Czechoslovakia, export version entitled "The Blue Effect: A Benefit Of Radim Hladík")
LP Supraphon 1 13 1777 (1975, Czechoslovakia, domestic version entitled "Modrý Efekt & Radim Hladík", different cover and track order)
Despite different album titles, catalog numbers and altered track sequence, the actual recordings on each version are identical.

CD Bonton 495274-2 (2000, Czech Republic, remastered by Jiří Charypar w/ 2 bonus tracks)
Other reissues

I gave my best, would you care to take a look ?
BTW the band's name should be corrected to "The Blue Effect"

Thanks, José, perfetto!
I only prefer "Artwork" instead of "ArtWork" because we are not C-programmers here. Smile
Covers of latest releases read "Blue Effect" (without article), so let's leave it as it is. 

Edited by NotAProghead - April 02 2016 at 02:28
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2016 at 09:41
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51752

Shouldn't it be under Compilations? Isn't it the 2016 version of the two albums from 1973 in French & English together? 

E&O Team: No, it should not.
If you'd read the info you could find: "To celebrate the 50th anniversary Le Orme have completely re-recorded their classic "Felona e Sorona" in a double version: Italian and English, hence "Felona e/and Sorona" title.".

Edited by NotAProghead - March 26 2016 at 14:02
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2016 at 11:32
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51540

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51755

Duplication, there is a huge confusion under the King Crimson albums, many Live albums are under EP's check the mess, this is also the reason for this duplication!

E&O Team: Thanks, reported to admins.
I've noticed this too. Not the last time I guess.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 26 2016 at 14:40
Per Kohler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2016 at 11:46
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=848

Line-up / Musicians

Add "vocals" on: Daniele Vitalone, Akessadro di Benedetti and Daniele Agostinelli plus "Stefano" to the drummer
Per Köhler
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2016 at 16:34
^
Credits on the actual record say:

- Daniele Agostinelli / keyboards
- Luca Cleri / guitar
- Alessandro Di Benedetti / piano, keyboards
- Daniele Vitalone / bass
- Stefano Fabiani / drums

From other sources I collected that Agostinelli sings and Benedetti plays sinthesizers.

Please provide the source of your information so we can hopefully be more accurate with your help.
Thanks

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 08:57

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=4895

Different problem here - for no reason we left unchanged the attributions for MO when corrected the credits of this album sometime ago; in fact nothing supports them as they are, all editions just mention "All instruments except..."

On the other side we have the excellent work of this site
http://tubular.net/discography/Incantations
corroborated/cited by Wiki
http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incantations_%28album%29#Personnel

So, to be honest, I'd like to propose one of these

- Mike Oldfield / acoustic and electric bass guitars, electric guitars, harp,  piano, Farfisa organ, synthesizers (Roland SH2000, ARP 2600 & Solina), percussion (bodhrán, marimba, gong, vibes), electronically processed vocals, EMS sequencer [among possible others]

- Mike Oldfield / all instruments, except the following below

Don't want to opt by myself when we can debate and reach a better decision - what's your opinion ?

Thanks, José, done.
I've only changed "EMS sequencer [among possible others]" to "sequencers":
- Mike Oldfield / acoustic and electric bass guitars, electric guitars, harp,  piano, Farfisa organ, synthesizers (Roland SH2000, ARP 2600 & Solina), percussion (bodhrán, marimba, gong, vibes), electronically processed vocals, sequencers

I hate "all instruments" because it says nothing. On some records it's just a couple of tambourines, on others it's a countless number of all kinds of instruments.

Edited by NotAProghead - April 02 2016 at 02:12
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 16:13
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ OK, let's sort them out.

1. Coletânea I - Cançőes is under Studio albums here.
Auto-translation from the band's website:
"The first volume of a collection that covers the major works of the band brings big hits - hits in the soap opera "The Clone" and never released on disc, as the pop version of "Under the Sun" and a remix version of "The Mirage" fusing progressive rock to a "beat" contemporary."

- I think if all previuosly released songs were rerecorded it may stay in Originals.

2. Coletânea II - Instrumental is among Studio albums too.
"The second volume of the collection of the Sacred Heart of Earth shows the main works of the band in instrumental version, with new formats, bringing surprises for the listener and revealing a new strength and vigor of the band."

- Again, if it's completely rerecorded we can let it be as it is.

3. Sacred Heart of Earth - in Compilations.
"The album "Sacred Heart of Earth," the sixth of Sagrado Coraçăo da Terra, is an anthology celebrating the 20th anniversary of the band and the group's return to the disc and on stage. Launched with all the texts and letters in the English language in response to the wide acceptance of the group abroad, the CD is a musical synthesis of the band, remixing and blending tracks from different periods, with changes in arrangements and harmonic, rhythmic and melodic structures.

This CD brings news as instrumental music from previous CDs transformed into songs, with lyrics of Marcus Viana and adaptations of Emily Dickinson poems, one of the greats of American literature of the nineteenth century. But the CD is not limited to give a new look to old hits, even including original pieces, composed and produced in 2001 with the new formation of the group, now with the singer Malu Aires ahead of vocals."

- If it's completely rerecorded I'd move it to Studio albums.

Album 3 moved to Studio but still with incomplete info...to be continued
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 16:55

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45281

The complete line-up (expanded & corrected)

- Mikael Ĺkerfeldt / vocals, guitar, art concept, production & mixing
- Fredrik Ĺkesson / guitars, backing vocals
- Joakim Svalberg / piano, keyboards, backing vocals
- Martín Méndez / basses
- Martin Axenrot / drums, percussion

With
- Steven Wilson / backing vocals, mixing
- Dave Stewart / string arrangements

And please complete this note

Deluxe Box Set also contains:
1. Blu Ray disc of 5.1 audio mixes of the album expanded with 2 Bonus Live tracks:
BD-09
Solitude (Live)
BD-10 Var Kommer Barnen In (Live)

Bonus tracks recorded Live at Stockholm Sodra Teatern in April 2012.

http://www.opeth.com/releases/item/195-pale-communion-2014

http://www.discogs.com/Opeth-Pale-Communion/release/6024897

Final note: Discogs, as well as Wiki, credits on some editions  Dave Stewart as String Parts Arranger - this I could not confirm, neither on covers nor in band webpage, what do you think?

Eugene, since you last updated this one I'd like you to please revise with my contribution here

Edited by NotAProghead - April 02 2016 at 03:16
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2016 at 17:02
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51801

It's a single not a studio album Back in N.Y.C.

Edited by NotAProghead - April 02 2016 at 00:18
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2016 at 03:15

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45281

The complete line-up (expanded & corrected)

- Mikael Ĺkerfeldt / vocals, guitar, art concept, production & mixing
- Fredrik Ĺkesson / guitars, backing vocals
- Joakim Svalberg / piano, keyboards, backing vocals
- Martín Méndez / basses
- Martin Axenrot / drums, percussion

With
- Steven Wilson / backing vocals, mixing
- Dave Stewart / string arrangements

And please complete this note

Deluxe Box Set also contains:
1. Blu Ray disc of 5.1 audio mixes of the album expanded with 2 Bonus Live tracks:
BD-09
Solitude (Live)
BD-10 Var Kommer Barnen In (Live)

Bonus tracks recorded Live at Stockholm Sodra Teatern in April 2012.

http://www.opeth.com/releases/item/195-pale-communion-2014

http://www.discogs.com/Opeth-Pale-Communion/release/6024897

Final note: Discogs, as well as Wiki, credits on some editions  Dave Stewart as String Parts Arranger - this I could not confirm, neither on covers nor in band webpage, what do you think?

Eugene, since you last updated this one I'd like you to please revise with my contribution here

Thanks, José, I've made edits like you suggest, with minor changes:
1. Moved art concept, production and mixing credits to Release info.
2. Did not mention Dave A. Stewart because his participation is not cleared. I don't see strings in the list of instruments and have no idea whether strings were recorded on the album (if they were someone wrote the score). Let's leave this for future researches. Smile 
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Modrigue View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2016 at 06:18
Hello,

Sorry if this is not the correct place for this post.

I wanted to report an important point concerning Tangerine Dream's Mars Polaris album:

There exists another edition of this album, which is faulty because the tracklist is incorrect. The only correct edition is the one on PA. I added a warning note at the end of my review:

"If you want to acquire "Mars Polaris", you must be careful and look for this 1999 CD edition, subtitled "Deep space highway to red rocks pavilion", with these 10 tracks names. There is another 1999 edition, subtitled "Original motion picture space reality", with 11 tracks. This second version is incorrect, as it mixes compositions from "Mars Polaris" and "Great Wall of China", a TD soundtrack. Furthermore, the 2006 reedition is based on this faulty alternate version. So be sure to check the cover, the year and the tracklist."

As this alternate edition may confuse fans and as Mars Polaris is one of the few good "recent" TD albums IMHO, I suggest to add this note in the album information, so that the warning will be more visible. Then I'll remove it from my review.

What do you think about it?
Thanks

Edited by Modrigue - April 04 2016 at 06:39
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2016 at 10:21
^ I researched a little and ended up with this, ready to be included on the page's releases section:

CD TDI Music ‎– TDI CD016 (1999, Germany) Sub-titled "Deep Space Highway To Red Rocks Pavilion"

There exist several misspressed editions, with wrong track list (including tracks from "Great Wall of China"),
albeit some with original cover info:
CD TDI Music ‎– TDI CD016 (1999, Germany) Only initial 100 units of this pressing, sub-titled "Original Motion Picture Space Reality"
CD Eastgate ‎– 232617 (2009, Europe) Sub-titled "Mars Mission Counter"
CD Eastgate ‎– IECP 10181 (2009, Japan) Remastered and sub-titled "Mars Mission Counter"
CD Documents ‎– 232648 (2010, Germany) Sub-titled "Deep Space Highway To Red Rocks Pavilion" as the 1999 original

See if you agree and please let me know if you have extra info about instrumentation (the credits on this seem a little dubious, I can't see them confirmed anywhere, but that's me)

Thanks
Modrigue View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2016 at 10:39
^Thanks, ok for me.
Then I'll leave my warning note in my review.

Unfortunately, I don't have any extra info on instrumentation.

Edited by Modrigue - April 04 2016 at 13:43
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2016 at 17:34
^

mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2016 at 11:18
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51676

- Jem Godfrey / keyboards and vocals
- John Mitchell / guitars and vocals
- Nathan King / bass
- Craig Blundell / drums
With: 
- Joe Satriani / guitar

May 27, 2016
Format: CD (Limited Edition including 2 Bonus), Digital, Vinyl (2LP+CD Pkg)
Label: InsideOut

Edited by NotAProghead - April 06 2016 at 00:59
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2016 at 17:53
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=4191

Why is the page called "Bryan Josh"? when on the two albums I see very clear the name is Josh & Co. Limited!
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2016 at 01:01
^ I guess because "Bryan Josh" says more to fans than "Josh & Co. Limited" and because we don't know the names of his future projects.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2016 at 11:06
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51154

The Correct Lineup

- János Dudás / guitars, vocals
- Orbán Mező / drums
- Sándor Milesz / keyboards
- József Tőzsér / keyboards, vocoder
- Zoltán Nikolin / bass

Edited by NotAProghead - April 06 2016 at 14:40
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 492>