Sagrado Coração da Terra

Sagrado Coração da Terra Sacred Heart of Earth album cover

from partners
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. 2001 - Also Sprach Padim Cisso (1:46)
2. East Of The Sun, West Of The Moon (5:11)
3. Travelling Show (7:48)
4. The Green God Of The Woods (Kian) (5:36)
5. The Gates Of Heaven (4:55)
6. Sweetwater (6:30)
7. Firecircle (5:05)
8. Sagrado (2:47)
9. Human Beans (4:30)
10. Carpe Diem (2:47)
11. Gipsy Rapsody (2:48)
12. Maya (7:42)
13. Urban Ragas (3rd Mov. - "Night") (3:23)
14. The Central Sun Of The Universe (11:19)

Total time 72:07

Rerecordings of a selection of past songs, now with english lyrics (translated or brand new) and new singer Malu Aires, and including a bonus original 2001 track.

Search SAGRADO CORAÇÃO DA TERRA Sacred Heart of Earth lyrics

Search SAGRADO CORAÇÃO DA TERRA Sacred Heart of Earth tabs

CD Sonhos & Sons - SSCD038 (2001, Brazil)

and to Quinino for the last updates

SAGRADO CORAÇÃO DA TERRA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SAGRADO CORAÇÃO DA TERRA Sacred Heart of Earth Music

More places to buy SAGRADO CORAÇÃO DA TERRA music online Buy SAGRADO CORAÇÃO DA TERRA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

SAGRADO CORAÇÃO DA TERRA Sacred Heart of Earth ratings distribution

SAGRADO CORAÇÃO DA TERRA Sacred Heart of Earth reviews

Review by lor68
4 stars It could be a good place to start with their music, even though the first album is not represented here ;moreover only one track- " The Central Sun of the Universe" - from the important album " Farol Da Liberdade", is performed here, but the output is remarkable anyway. The anthology covers their long career quite well.

Review by Atkingani
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars An enjoyable compilation aimed firstly to international audiences and bearing band's name translated into English, "Sacred Heart Of Earth". Additionally some songs are sung in English, but they lose their original impact due to singer's accent and mainly to the translated lyrics where you can transfer words but not ever ideas. Otherwise, the production is great and the musicianship is high, SAGRADO are a band that excels in these points.

As said elsewhere, this album may be a fine entrance door to the band and also to know how Brazilians approach progressive music, an issue characteristic of our culture, neither better or worse, simply different. Brazil's folk and traditional tunes are steadily spilled along the tracks, in an array of sophisticated and complex sounds, that certainly will please new and old band's appreciators and fans.

'2001 - Also Sprach Padim Cisso' is a great starting point where strange (for a non-Brazilian) sounds coming from the inner land mix with futuristic arrangements resembling those done by Eumir Deodato for the original Strauss' piece.

Other songs were reviewed in their previous albums but some are truly interesting like 'Kian' and 'Travelling show'. 'Sweetwater', originally in English, increases greatly with its catchy and soft harmony.

'Sagrado' is a petit bijou, 'Carpe diem' is neatly agreeable, 'Gypsy rhapsody' is totally frantic while 'The central sun of the Universe' provides a great adieu to this remarkable and almost flawless compilation.

Not really a masterpiece, but a work compulsory to be included in any music collection, be it progressive or not.

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars Hyped theme from 2001 Space Odyssey ? Hell yeah & Prog on. Actually, I did get this album by blind luck and so I didn't know about it being compilation. I intended to look on PA later to do my review, complain about how uneven this album is (full of perfect and average tracks with few ambient boring ones - bad way of doing ambient), how good some moments are, but instead, I ended here, on my I suppose tenth Boxset&Compilation review.

As I said, this is very good album. As somebody else on this album page said, this is perhaps good place to start with their music. I'm surely interested a lot, as this lovely combination of classical & rock music is different than in other Latin (you know what I mean) bands, which, although good, sounds quite alike in this manner. Very powerful music at times (Power Prog without metal?). Perhaps that's the point, diversity of this album, but it doesn't work all the times. Or just some tracks aren't good for me and will be for others. Hell it, this is my review.

3(+), let's await other albums with sheer interest.

EDIT: Lowering of rating, because even it's good, it's not so good.

5 stars WOOOW, this is one of the most beautiful albums I ever heard in my live. 100% highest level musicianship and the wonderful unforgettable melodies of Marcus Viana's violin- parts. "Sweetwater", "Human Beans","Carpe Diem","Maya" and of course the magical "The Central Sun Of The Universe" are MUST ... (read more)

Report this review (#53718) | Posted by Grendelbox | Friday, October 28, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SAGRADO CORAÇÃO DA TERRA "Sacred Heart of Earth"