Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313314315316317 493>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 13:36
With everything going on in real life and elsewhere on the site I have not made any in-depth check-in on what you guys have going in here for quite sometime. I'm pretty impressed with the amount of work being tackled by the team and associates. Clap 

I do have a question regarding the flac entry fix. Should Bandcamp.com actually be mentioned in the release information? They are not technically a label, just a hosting site. And many of these artists are being hosted in multiple other locations like Amazon, Apple, etc.. Not to mention the streaming services. I think that's why when George (historian9) built his album entry ap when pulling from Bandcamp he chose the default language  "Digital Download + Streaming".

Not trying to make more work, just a pondering I had. Although, it appears projekct has whipped up some sorcery to streamline that process if it needed changing. Sorcery I am keen to know more about. It may be of help regarding the aforementioned ap which has stopped working on Bandcamp.

Anyway, thanks again for everything you guys do.

Edited by Tapfret - February 02 2021 at 13:37
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 14:00
^ Hi Ian,

Thanks for the nice words! Smile

About "Bandcamp.com" in the release information, we are (at least me) open to hear your suggestions. What should we write exactly? With my new tool, I can modify entries rather fast.

And about this "tool" and many of my "secret weapons", they were (and still are) a lot or work (and a lot of fun to create), but as of now they are still difficult to share, because they are very specific to MY computer and to MY habits.

But the good thing is you can ask pretty much anything to look for in the database... any word, detail, special character, empty info, ... and most of it can be changed in batches.

Also, I must mention to you and to my team that: we now have a BACKUP of the whole album database!!!* Big smile It could be useful in case of site crash or hacking or virus or...

* (but I "only" have album data and artists name/sub-genre/country, so no cover art and no artist biography)
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 14:16
Are you using Java?
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 14:42
^ Nope. I'm pretty noob when it comes to programming. So I use some kind of Visual Basic language! Embarrassed
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 15:21
Oh well. The ap we have trouble with is Java. Though C++ and Java are extremely similar. At least they were in 2001 when I studied them. Needless to say, no coding career ensued and I have forgotten pretty much everything.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 15:30
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

I do have a question regarding the flac entry fix. Should Bandcamp.com actually be mentioned in the release information? They are not technically a label, just a hosting site. And many of these artists are being hosted in multiple other locations like Amazon, Apple, etc.. Not to mention the streaming services. I think that's why when George (historian9) built his album entry ap when pulling from Bandcamp he chose the default language  "Digital Download + Streaming".

It's not a problem to change the text with new Julien's weapon. Just to find correct text.
Looks like "Digital album" is pretty versatile.
"Digital Download + Streaming" is not always correct because not all services offer both options.

But mentioning Bandcamp has one more meaning - it's a hosting used mostly by aspiring and obscure bands/artists. Thus potential listeners' reaction may vary from "One more bandcamp band? Oh no no no" to "Great, let's look for something new".

Edited by NotAProghead - February 02 2021 at 15:32
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 15:48
^The name definitely carries a stigma with it among many people. Which is unfortunate.

So, yes, I think "Digital Album" is perfectly explanatory. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 16:10
^ After all everyone doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to search on the web for "band name album title bandcamp". Smile  

Julien, are you ready to pull the trigger of, not your love gun, your weapon to replace all these "Digital album - bandcamp.com" with "Digital album"?

Edited by NotAProghead - February 02 2021 at 16:11
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 19:40
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

NAP: Thanks, partly done.
1. I've found a couple of track times here.
I found those too, but unfortunately the versions of the tracks that play via Last.fm are from other albums, and the times can't be guaranteed to be the same as those for the performances of the songs that are on the live 'Viva' album. The version of 'The Maker' on Last.fm is taken from a Various Artists compilation album called 'Not of This Earth (Sci-Fi Movies Tribute Dedicated to The Prisoner TV Series)' and the version of Kairos is the one from the 1997 studio album 'Creature of the Velvet Void'.

Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

2. The article you refer reads:
""Sur Le Tour" begins with a buildup of rumbling tripped out space guitar efx against a dark keyboard backdrop. .... The nearly 9 minute track includes a taste of Deb Young's haunting vocals though it's mostly instrumental."
Not clear whether Deb Young sings on the album or "a taste" is only a metaphor and actually he's not there.
3. Is "Echoes" an instrumental version? 
Thus at the moment it's not clear 'voice' or 'vocals' 
Well spotted sir! Both PA and Proggnosis wrongly have the drummer for the Viva album listed as Pat Murphy, and I also believed this to be correct from my reading of the band's biography on their official website, but it was indeed Deb Young who performed on the 'Viva' album.

From https://aural-innovations.com/blog/2013/11/architectural-metaphor-a-history-as-told-by-paul-eggleston/

"A tour in 2000 brought us farther than we ever had gone before. Quarkstock 2000 in Columbus, Ohio yielded the small release CD Viva, which contains the whole show, minus the Tangerine Dream cover Ricochet. It did have our full length version of Pink Floyd’s Echoes, no mean feat for a trio. Shows in Chicago and Cleveland around this time exposed us to the Midwest. The Strange Daze 2000 show found us in the Cannabis tent, not the main stage. Band tensions had grown on this tour, and Deb was having difficulties within the band. A couple of near dust ups before the show ensured adrenaline was high, and we introduced some newer poppier songs, but the mighty Kairos showed what we were still capable of for space rock. At the end of this tour, Deb exited and was replaced by Murph of Dinosaur Jr fame, launching ArcMet again as a trio, but this time an instrumental trio. Thus ends the tale of ArcMet version 2, Paul, Greg and Deb."

So, we need to scrub Pat Murphy from our line up on drums for this album, and replace him with Deb Young, who did sing proper vocals for the band on some of their tracks. I don't know how I didn't spot this myself when I read the Aural Innovations review of 'Viva', but I did skim through it very quickly, and it was long past my bedtime! Embarrassed

I don't know for certain if she sang on the cover of 'Echoes', but it wouldn't really have been a true cover of the song without the vocals being present.

If you want to include the times for just two tracks on the album which can be confirmed, then I've just found 'Sur Le Tour' and 'Kairos' from the 'Viva' album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwd95aNKSRc and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmP13umUP_s.

2. Sur le Tour (8:39)
6. Kairos (13:41)

The live version of 'Kairos' they played at Quarkstock is thus more than four minutes longer than the studio version from 'Creature of the Velvet Void' that is featured on Last.fm.

NAP: Thanks, David, done (I hope).
OMG, Deb Young is a lady. I didn't know. Smile

Is this correct?:
- Deb Young / vocals, drums, percussion

And what's in case of Paul Eggleston - vocals or voices?

Edited by NotAProghead - February 02 2021 at 21:19
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 21:14
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Julien, are you ready to pull the trigger of, not your love gun, your weapon to replace all these "Digital album - bandcamp.com" with "Digital album"?
Thanks, done.

(I mean... 2933 albums fixed!) Shocked

Even if my weapon is "fast", it still takes about 5 seconds per album, so about 4 hours to fix these.

Tomorrow, I will look if there are other variations of Bandcamp digital albums in the database...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 21:21
Clap
Evil tongues say robots will replace most of us pretty soon. I tend to believe. Smile
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 22:27

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=37769 - NAP: need help! Couldn't find any info and better pic. I only know that it's a single later included in this album 

Yes, it was just a single which was included on the album 'Con Brio' a couple of years later, and which on that album has a time of 5:41 according to Progerweld: https://www.progwereld.org/recensie/survival-con-brio/. The line up on Amorok Prog's page for the single agrees with what we have already on PA, as does the cover. On reverbnation the song clocks in at 5:42, and soundclick has the time at 5:39, with the 'Con Brio' album cover also shown against it on that particular site.

Soundclick have a pretty decent bio for Survival too: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=595160&content=about.

I couldn't find a better cover pic for the single though, unless you want to use this one of 'Youri', the Russian Blue cat featured on the cover, which has better resolution: https://mixposure.com/survival/audio/1174/my-best-friendLOL That site also has the time of the song at 5:39.

According to Proggnosis 'My Best Friend' was "a Home CD-R recording, and a premaster for Crusader and Con Brio", but the song didn't actually feature on the 'Crusader' album, it was an instrumental track called 'Exceptional Friend' that appeared on Crusader.

NAP: Thanks, David, you even noticed my cry for help. Smile
It's not clear was "My Best Friend" a 1-track CD-R or it contained some other musis.

What we have now looks like:
1. My Best Friend (5:39)

Total time 5:39

CD-R Self-releasd (2006, Netherlands)

- Linda Maarseveen / vocals
- Jack Langevelt / keyboards, piano, guitars, drums, bass
- J.P.Eerenberg / guitar
- Mario Roelofsen / guitar
- Frank Keppel / bass

Well?

Edited by NotAProghead - February 03 2021 at 11:08
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 22:43

Is this correct?:
- Deb Young / vocals, drums, percussion
Yes, to the best of my knowledge it is.

And what's in case of Paul Eggleston - vocals or voices?
I'd personally just leave it as synths (or keyboards) for Paul. I'm not sure he performed any vocal duties while Deb Young was still with the band, but I don't know for sure about this.

NAP: Thanks, David, done as you suggested.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 03 2021 at 12:58
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 01:00
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=19204

Another very difficult one to find any info for, but it appears that this was a live performance of the songs which made up their first album 'My Grandma Says...', plus one other, and played in a different order. See: https://www.garando.com/bio for some background info, and for the (unconfirmed) actual album details, see the Proggnosis page for it (but unfortunately no timings are included).

Keishiro (DamoXt7942) interviewed Hisashi Furue from Zettaimu for PA back in 2011, and this is what was said about the album:

"You have also also released a live album back in 1991. Please tell us more about this album.

A low-qualified play with the previous drummer (ie Yoshihiro Orii) and poorly recorded in a cassette. Cannot reissue shamefully."

So, in the absence of any more info than that at the moment, do we trust Proggnosis's original source of the track list and repeat it on PA, or leave the track list blank and just add the two musicians who played on the album to our page? Ermm Maybe Keishiro can dig out a bit more info for us?

NAP: Thanks, David, done according to Proggnosis info.
I'll PM Keishiro, if he discovers something he makes updaits.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 03 2021 at 13:09
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 09:34
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=70910

2021 not 2020
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 10:51
^ Thanks, Mayer, done.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 11:31

What we have now looks like:
1. My Best Friend (5:39)

Total time 5:39

CD-R Self-releasd (2006, Netherlands)

- Linda Maarseveen / vocals
- Jack Langevelt / keyboards, piano, guitars, drums, bass
- J.P.Eerenberg / guitar
- Mario Roelofsen / guitar
- Frank Keppel / bass

Well?
Yes, that looks perfect to me. It doesn't appear that there was any other music accompanying this one track. It seems that it was simply a song that Jack Langevelt wrote in loving memory of his cat Youri. RIP Youri Cry
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 12:46
^ Thanks, done. Added the cat story in the info.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 21:11
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=20413

I Numi – Storia Di Zero (1993)

Discogs list just four main tracks from a concert in 1975, plus a bonus instrumental track recorded by the band in 1972: https://www.discogs.com/I-Numi-Storia-Di-Zero/release/4606328.

This is because the inner liner notes include the lyrics of four songs, the titles of which are also printed on the CD itself:

1. Sorge L'Alba
2. Il Vuoto
3. Un Nuovo Mondo
4. Ritorno Alla Realtà
5. Grinton's Step (Il Passo Del Grintone) (Instrumental Bonus Track)

The name of the final track is not printed on the label side of the CD.

The album is actually on YouTube, with a link to Italian Prog's page for the band (from where our own biography for the band seems to have been taken). The 1972 concerts marked the end of the first incarnation of I Numi, and the band reformed with a new line-up in 1975, when they composed a concept work entitled 'Storia di Zero' that was played at Pavia's Teatro Fraschini on 4th June that year, and released as a limited issue CD in 1993.

The bulk of the album is essentially just one long suite, which included some good symphonic prog-inspired parts interspersed with brief snatches of covers of famous old tracks by The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Moody Blues and others, with the whole thing being somewhat fragmented. The CD closes with a very good live jam by the 1972 line-up.

The main suite has actually been broken down into 21 individual 'tracks' on the CD, with many of them segueing together. This is then followed by the almost 12-minute instrumental jam at the end by the 1972 line-up, which is track 22.

So if you want the actual track timings, then the track list, as published in various places on the net (eg Proggnosis), is simply as follows:

1. Suite 4 June 1975 part 01 (4:25)
2. Suite 4 June 1975 part 02 (1:39)
3. Suite 4 June 1975 part 03 (0:54)
4. Suite 4 June 1975 part 04 (2:22)
5. Suite 4 June 1975 part 05 (0:22)
6. Suite 4 June 1975 part 06 (1:17)
7. Suite 4 June 1975 part 07 (2:33)
8. Suite 4 June 1975 part 08 (1:47)
9. Suite 4 June 1975 part 09 (0:22)
10. Suite 4 June 1975 part 10 (1:36)
11. Suite 4 June 1975 part 11 (1:11)
12. Suite 4 June 1975 part 12 (1:41)
13. Suite 4 June 1975 part 13 (3:46)
14. Suite 4 June 1975 part 14 (0:46)
15. Suite 4 June 1975 part 15 (1:33)
16. Suite 4 June 1975 part 16 (0:38)
17. Suite 4 June 1975 part 17 (6:20)
18. Suite 4 June 1975 part 18 (0:15)
19. Suite 4 June 1975 part 19 (1:39)
20. Suite 4 June 1975 part 20 (2:49)
21. Suite 4 June 1975 part 21 (12:57)
22. Instrumental Grinton's Step (11:54) (1972 recording)

Total Time 50:40

Track 22, Grinton's Step (Il Passo Del Grintone), was recorded live at Casanova di Intra on January 9th 1972 with the following line-up:

Furio Sollazzi (drums)
Paolo Buccelli (bass)
Mario Rognoni (guitar)
Beppe Tiranzoni (keyboards)
Paolo Fabbri (flute)

Limited edition of 500 copies for the Minotaur label contained in a casing that is larger than normal with a CD held by a metal base. (See: http://www.45worlds.com/cdalbum/cd/nu1).

I don't really know how you might want to deal with this one really.  I think I'd include both versions of the track list, with an explanation of why the two versions exist. The simplified version that Discogs lists doesn't give us any indication of all the snippets of cover songs, instrumental sections etc that are woven into the suite alongside the four main titles, and this doesn't really give us a true picture of the album imho.

NAP: Thanks, David, very helpful investigation. Clap Done (I hope).

Edited by NotAProghead - February 04 2021 at 07:03
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 21:43
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=21775

Profusions -  Nothing From Nothing (2007)

Not easy at all, this one. I couldn't find a thing on the Internet as it exists today...But I finally struck gold after about half an hour by visiting their old myspace site as it looked in 2011:

After several live performances, Profusions made the "Nothing from Nothing" promo, featuring a new single, two songs from the previous “Trials to Deception” and two brand new videos – the short movie “All the Silence” and the Making Off from “Nothing from Nothing”!

1. Nothing from Nothing (4:12)
2. Away with You (3:43)
3. Others Ride (4:07)

Total Time 12:02

Big smile

NAP: Thanks, David, done. Though it's not clear what "the Making Off from “Nothing from Nothing”means. Confused

Edited by NotAProghead - February 04 2021 at 07:31
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313314315316317 493>