Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 491>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2015 at 14:08
Hey Error guys! I don't know if this is the place to mention it, but thought I'd `plead my case' all the same!

I've written a review for the latest Arena album `The Unquiet Sky', although I notice on two different sections of the album page it mentions "THIS ALBUMS HAS NOT YET BEEN RELEASED. ALL RATINGS PRIOR TO THE RELEASE DATE WILL BE DELETED", as well as the proper releasae date in late April.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=48533

Thing is, I bought a CD straight from the band, who were selling it direct from their website starting from March 23rd, to coincide with their current tour (the CD is apparently also available to those who attend the shows). I think they've now stopped this `early order' because they're away on tour. It arrived recently down here to me in Australia very quickly.

Anyway, do I have to worry that the review will be taken down? I suppose if needs be I can provide a photo of me holding the CD if proof is needed!
apps79 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apps79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2015 at 14:46
I tend to believe that official date releases have nothing to do with real world.Similar occasion with Sylvan, Kinesis had it on sale a week before the official date release, as for Arena I saw this on Musea for sale and it's over a week since this happened.

http://www.musearecords.com/ext_re_new_releaseselect.php?np=40721

It seems that these dates are ironically more helpful to the site not receiving nonsense 5-star/1-star reviews than to have a real reason of existence...
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2015 at 16:29
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Hey Error guys! I don't know if this is the place to mention it, but thought I'd `plead my case' all the same!

I've written a review for the latest Arena album `The Unquiet Sky', although I notice on two different sections of the album page it mentions "THIS ALBUMS HAS NOT YET BEEN RELEASED. ALL RATINGS PRIOR TO THE RELEASE DATE WILL BE DELETED", as well as the proper releasae date in late April.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=48533

Thing is, I bought a CD straight from the band, who were selling it direct from their website starting from March 23rd, to coincide with their current tour (the CD is apparently also available to those who attend the shows). I think they've now stopped this `early order' because they're away on tour. It arrived recently down here to me in Australia very quickly.

Anyway, do I have to worry that the review will be taken down? I suppose if needs be I can provide a photo of me holding the CD if proof is needed!

I think no photo needed unless you plan to share it in "Latest purchases" or "What are you listening..." threads. Smile

Please note at the beginning of your review that you've bought the album from the band's website before official release. Later, if you will not forget, you can edit your review and delete these lines.

For any case my advice is to save your review on your PC. Most likely nobody will delete it, but who knows... 

Edited by NotAProghead - April 02 2015 at 16:29
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2015 at 17:05
The two reviewers of the album have already stated the obvious in their reviews, so looking forward to your review Michael!

And indeed, the album was available at the gigs

Edited by aapatsos - April 02 2015 at 17:06
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2015 at 17:33
^ I think it's better to state the obvious once again. I'm not sure admins read all reviews from start to finish, good if they would read at least first lines. But formally they can delete them without reading.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 04:10
Thank you all for your responses! I've just posted the review, with a note about the pre-order CD at the start of it.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 11:28
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=47373

there were 23 rating and reviews before I posted this, no one bothered to post it including special collaborator from crossover team (tszirmay) (no one cares!)

1. Into the Void (1:09)
2. It All Becomes Clearer (9:28)
3. This Day (6:17)
4. Northern Wind (4:02)
5. Sending Signals (5:07)
6. Something's Changing (6:09)
7. Under the April Sky (5:39)
8. Shadows Behind the Lilacs (3:24)
9. Rush (6:04)
10. Tonight (6:33)
11. Colours (8:31)

Total Time 62:23
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 11:56
^ Thanks, Mayer, done.

No need to complain, some people care, some don't. I'm trying to take things as they are, quite often it helps to save our nerves. Wink
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 11:56
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=47373

there were 23 rating and reviews before I posted this, no one bothered to post it including special collaborator from crossover team (<strong style="font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb102, 0, 102; line-height: normal;">tszirmay)<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> (no one cares!)</span

Generally the majority of the Special Collaborators do an EXCELLENT job of maintaining the details on specific albums, and/or will update fuller, more completed details if it's an album that they've shown interest in and will be submitting reviews to. Plenty of times I've randomly come across an album, noticed scarce details on the listing and updated it if its something I own.

However, they can not be expected to chase down every single detail for every single little inane album you personally take an interest in.

You also do not do yourself any favours in targeting people who put a hell of a lot of effort into running this site to a great standard...all contributing their own free time out of sheer passion and devotion to this music.

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - April 03 2015 at 12:17
bongolong View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bongolong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 14:13
Regarding http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=3792

Neal Morse, Testimony, Disc 1: Part 1 has tracks 1-9, Part 2 starts with track 10 "Wasted Life"

Thanks!!
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 14:30
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ I think it's better to state the obvious once again. I'm not sure admins read all reviews from start to finish, good if they would read at least first lines. But formally they can delete them without reading.
Agree, I was not implying he should not include it Big smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 15:56
Originally posted by bongolong bongolong wrote:

Regarding http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=3792

Neal Morse, Testimony, Disc 1: Part 1 has tracks 1-9, Part 2 starts with track 10 "Wasted Life"

Thanks!!

Thanks, done.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 16:11

Generally the majority of the Special Collaborators do an EXCELLENT job of maintaining the details on specific albums, and/or will update fuller, more completed details if it's an album that they've shown interest in and will be submitting reviews to. Plenty of times I've randomly come across an album, noticed scarce details on the listing and updated it if its something I own.

However, they can not be expected to chase down every single detail for every single little inane album you personally take an interest in.

You also do not do yourself any favours in targeting people who put a hell of a lot of effort into running this site to a great standard...all contributing their own free time out of sheer passion and devotion to this music

I don't like "targeting people" too. But, in Mayer's defence, he said nothing against "Special Collaborators' EXCELLENT job".
He says there is a problem: people review albums (i.e. they have the access to them and listen to them) and don't notice and don't care that album pages have incomplete info. I think he's right. 
I don't think we can solve it though - those who care, care, those who don't bother, don't bother.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 16:30
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Generally the majority of the Special Collaborators do an EXCELLENT job of maintaining the details on specific albums, and/or will update fuller, more completed details if it's an album that they've shown interest in and will be submitting reviews to. Plenty of times I've randomly come across an album, noticed scarce details on the listing and updated it if its something I own.</span>

You also do not do yourself any favours in targeting people who put a hell of a lot of effort into running this site to a great standard...all contributing their own free time out of sheer passion and devotion to this music

I don't like "<span style="line-height: 16.5454540252686px;">targeting people</span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">" too. But, in Mayer's defence, he said nothing against "</span><span style="line-height: 16.5454540252686px;">Special Collaborators' EXCELLENT job".</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">He says there is a problem: people review albums (i.e. they have the access to them and listen to them) and don't notice and don't care that album pages have incomplete info. I think he's right. </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I don't think we can solve it though - those who care, care, those who don't bother, don't bother.</span>

Fair enough. I just didn't like people like Thomas and Ivan being singled out. It kind of felt like that fat loud-mouth bully kid in school who used to always drop names in the hope of getting others in trouble from the teacher...

Can anybody who has an account actually update the album details themselves, or is it just `the chosen few' so to speak?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 16:43
^ All Collabs, Special Collabs, Admins and almighty M@X can update albums' info.

Non-collabs can only notify us in the forum or via PM. Long time ago, when I joined PA, non-collabs were allowed to update only "Releases information" section (I don't know is it still so or not).
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2015 at 07:11
Mars Red Sky 2014 album needs to be added to the database at some point.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2015 at 11:30
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=46497

Format: - CD Digipak
- Gatefold LP (180g vinyl) incl. poster and PVC protection sleeve (500 copies)
- 2CD hardcover book edition (18x18cm, 60 pages) incl. liner notes, studio report, background info, additional artwork and bonus CD feat. 10 additional tracks (500 copies)

1. Theme for the Obscurantist (3:27)
2. Paracosm (11:26)
3. Returning the Screw (3:06)
4. Dina (7:08)
5. Lifeline (5:28)
6. The Tragedy Shield (6:11)
7. Mr Black (5:20)
8. Closure (7:16)

Total Time 49:22

Bonus CD
1. Theme For The Opportunist (4:51)
2. Chilling Effects (10:03)
3. Reality Clash (4:10)
4. Revisionists (6:22)
5. Lincoyán Berríos (3:28)
6. Dina (Ars Arcanum mix) (6:30)
7. Lifeline (36 Floors mix) (6:51)
8. Lifeline (Nîm mix) (6:37)
9. Lifeline (Spermblaster mix) (4:17)
10. Lifeline (VÆV mix) (5:22)

Total Time  68:31

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2015 at 11:37
^ Thanks, done.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2015 at 13:21
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=528

The album from 1979 and 1988 are the same album only a different name, (check the songs) the one from 1988 should be under compilations 
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2015 at 13:26
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=528

The album from 1979 and 1988 are the same album only a different name, (check the songs) the one from 1988 should be under compilations 

Maybe under EP's cause it's only 25 minutes long
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 491>