FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2013 NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 50>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 21:52
Hawks look really good!! Saints look lost.....Good thing about this MNF is one of my teams will win. Would prefer Saints to win but I knew they would not....The Hawks D is much better than Saints, it shows.....If anything at least Saints have stopped Lynch.
I really thought Saints O was gonna do more....oh well. I kept telling people Saints D is not that good, their O is super, but not tonight.
Long plane ride back to the Big Easy...
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 22:35
Well, Brees and co didn't exactly do themselves any favors...started that game dreadfully. Such drab play calling, and the fumble was a killer. Their D is brutal enough already, just hand it over to them why dont ya?
I figured the game was over then, Saints would be perpetually behind and Seattle could let their Defense smother, and sure enough.

This team has to go to SB. They are the best team in the NFC without doubt, will have home field. There for the taking.
And honestly, who's gunna represent the AFC? Denver? They look weaker by the week IMO. KC? no chance. New England? I could see them getting to the SB because it's what they do, but IDK if they can hold up against Seattle.
Bengals? Good team but I dont see it. Really, Seattle has to the SB favorite at this point.

Is nice to see a team play real defense, run the ball, and have a QB that plays a role, can step up...but doesn't always need to. Awesome. Just don't see this anymore

Edited by JJLehto - December 02 2013 at 22:43
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 22:56
^ I agree...I hate to toot my horn, but I told everyone at my office mid season the SB was gonna be SEA vs DEN, the only competition SEA will have is NO...but coming back to SEA for the possible NFC Final will be the same result for Saints. Love my Saints but my 2nd team (SEA) is the bomb!

The AFC team will have no chance this year...even if SEA stumbles in playoffs and NO or even 49ers make it to the SB, they still beat DEN or KC....just sayin.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 00:54
What an ass game from the Saints. I knew Seattle would win but Christ, at least make it competitive. Looks like Seattle punched it's ticket to the superbowl tonight.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 09:15
While anything can and does happen, it's hard to see Seattle not running the table come playoff time.  Especially with home field throughout pre-SB.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 11:22
One thing to keep in mind is sometimes the best team in the NFL does not win the super bowl or even go to it. Look at the Ravens last year for proof of it. Keep it rolling Seattle.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 12:26
^Very true.  You always get that dark horse team that seems to run the gauntlent come playoff time and the supposed best team stumbles.  You got the Ravens from last year, the Giants the year before that and even the Packers before that weren't really favored that well against the Steelers.  All were teams that did okay in the regular season, but certainly weren't favorites going into the playoffs.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 12:41
That is why I mention the 49ers in the NFC, to me they are the kinda dark horse, considering their dismal start. I would say Carolina, but I think they run out of gas in the playoffs, especially on the road.
If anyone can beat the Hawks in NFC my money goes on 49ers.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 12:46
"in the jungle, the mighty jungle, the Lions sleep tonight..."  

Experts predict a colder than normal winter this year.  Maybe hell is freezing over.
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 12:50
Big Lions/Eagles game this Sunday!  Approve
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 12:53
My money is on the Eagles.
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 13:46
I wish I had the same confidence as you. Megatrn vs Cary scares the sh*t out of me. 
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 17:04
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

My money is on the Eagles.

Same here.  I'd love for a big road win, but I just don't see it happening.
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 21:01
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

That is why I mention the 49ers in the NFC, to me they are the kinda dark horse, considering their dismal start. I would say Carolina, but I think they run out of gas in the playoffs, especially on the road.
If anyone can beat the Hawks in NFC my money goes on 49ers.

That's why I don't think teams like the Bengals can be counted out. Their defense is nearly as good as the Seahawks, and Andy Dalton could get hot at just the right time.

I'm a little higher on the Bengals this year than the last couple times they made the playoffs. 2006 should have been a good year, but that first play of the game against the Steelers killed us for that season and the seasons that followed.

The game against the Colts next week will be a good indication though. The Bengals have beaten some tough teams already, and have a chance to beat another.
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 15:54
Originally posted by Metalmarsh89 Metalmarsh89 wrote:

The game against the Colts next week will be a good indication though. The Bengals have beaten some tough teams already, and have a chance to beat another.
I think it'll be an interesting game, and the score will be close, but in terms of overall play, I expect us to dominate the Colts. They're starting to regress to the average-ish team I figured they would be over the last couple of weeks. A team that is supposedly as good as they are doesn't get trounced by the Rams and have the kind of game against the Titans that they just did.

Unless they finally figure out their running game this Sunday, I don't see how they beat Cincinnati.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2013 at 22:58
^My only problem with Cincinnati is that they're so inconsistent.  They're a lot like the Lions (in fact, I feel they mirror each other), in that they have the talent on both sides of the ball to be a SB contender, but to get any consistency out of either is asking way too much, especially the offense.  Much like the Lions, that offense should be moving up and down the field all day, but sometimes it stalls out or there's a costly turnover. 

Edited by MillsLayne - December 06 2013 at 22:58
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2013 at 23:56
Originally posted by horsewithteeth11 horsewithteeth11 wrote:

I think it'll be an interesting game, and the score will be close, but in terms of overall play, I expect us to dominate the Colts. They're starting to regress to the average-ish team I figured they would be over the last couple of weeks. A team that is supposedly as good as they are doesn't get trounced by the Rams and have the kind of game against the Titans that they just did.

Unless they finally figure out their running game this Sunday, I don't see how they beat Cincinnati.

It's been a while, but the Colts have beaten the Seahawks and the Broncos, the two teams everyone's expecting to go to the Super Bowl. Also, I know the Patriots have Tom Brady, but I'd still take the Colts or Bengals over them right now. I'm sure some people would see that as a little crazy though. Smile
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2013 at 11:57
Philly has been impressive. 
It is only fair to say, their streak has not exactly been against impressive competition. 
The offense has deff been damn impressive, defense yes on paper but look at their opponents. Arizona was the best team but they are all defense, kudos to Foles and the 24 points but Carson Palmer lol

Detroit will be a huge test. If the Iggles pull it off well....sh*tLOL 2014 on isn't looking so fun! Honestly, Detroit really should win, and I'd say with decent comfort but they can't get out of their own way. Too many mistakes, immaturity and Stafford losing focus and lobbing the ball all over the place. Big potential but too many footbullets! 

I always try to be fair, the same can be said of the Giants but we're even worse looking. This 4 out of  5 streak has been against pretty lame opponents and 3 of those were really really ugly to boot. As a fan I want to say we have SOME chance against San Diego...they aren't too impressive and we still have our weapons even if it's been a down year. BUT I see a disgusting loss comingCry 

N'arlins/Carolina may be epic. Brees has been quite human against good desenses, might be quite a game. 

Edited by JJLehto - December 08 2013 at 12:00
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2013 at 11:58

Originally posted by horsewithteeth11 horsewithteeth11 wrote:

It's been a while, but the Colts have beaten the Seahawks and the Broncos, the two teams everyone's expecting to go to the Super Bowl. Also, I know the Patriots have Tom Brady, but I'd still take the Colts or Bengals over them right now. I'm sure some people would see that as a little crazy though. Smile

I would indeed, only since they don't seem the same without Wayne. 
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2013 at 12:07
The Colts w/o Reggie look somewhat lost
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 50>