Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 285286287288289 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2023 at 03:06
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Suck it CD!!!! LOL

Hi,

I seriously doubt this ... because too many bands sell on their own, which the RIAA could not count properly ... and would distort the numbers.

I get really tired of this record company fight that independence is bad, and we need to go back to a corporate entity for the music! We don't, and we shouldn't! This is just like Variety telling you that some band is 1 or2, when the only count they have is a handful of sellers, or some bloated numbers telling them that something sold this many copies (or printed x number) ...

We want, need, and must have the arts independent. So that a republican party can not continue denying PBS and other institutions any funding ... because ... well ... you know the truth ... they are way too liberal for them!

Are we baiting? Ermm

Edited by David_D - March 14 2023 at 03:07
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2023 at 11:50
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Suck it CD!!!! LOL

Hi,

I seriously doubt this ... because too many bands sell on their own, which the RIAA could not count properly ... and would distort the numbers.

I get really tired of this record company fight that independence is bad, and we need to go back to a corporate entity for the music! We don't, and we shouldn't! This is just like Variety telling you that some band is 1 or2, when the only count they have is a handful of sellers, or some bloated numbers telling them that something sold this many copies (or printed x number) ...

We want, need, and must have the arts independent. So that a republican party can not continue denying PBS and other institutions any funding ... because ... well ... you know the truth ... they are way too liberal for them!
Keep politics out of this thread!!! There is that insanely horrible political thread you can go to and post this stuff to your hearts content. We are all about music, analog and vinyl on this thread.
Another thing the RIAA does not monitor is the sales of used records, which I am sure only adds to the totals of vinyl records outselling CDs easily. There is no reason to doubt the RIAA report...Confused

To have arts be independent means they need to earn enough money to stand on their own and only way that happens in the music world is for people to buy their physical media in the form of CDs or Vinyl records, and stop streaming where what the artists gets is less than a penny a play.....

Ask yourself, ..."am I buying new CDs and new Vinyl that helps support the artist or am I streaming and listening to music on YouTube for free...??"
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2023 at 12:33
Metallica buys into large pressing plant in Virginia

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2023 at 17:28
Thinking about my high school years, and this album really resonates with me (many do) but I was a huge Rush fan during high school during my mid to later teen years.
I so remember buying this album on release, came out a few months after graduation and I spun it daily, as well I bought the cassette for my Sony Walkman. I used to play it in the library of the 2-year college I started at while trying to study while wearing headphones LOL.
As well I remember vividly going to see this tour at the LA Forum, went with a HS buddy. I remember he just stood there mesmerized by the show, not moving much during the 2 hour show. I remember them playing The Weapon, Camera Eye (one of my fav songs), Xanadu, Red Barchetta and they played Countdown with the video of the space shuttle launch......I remember all that and it brings me back to my youth, so very cool..

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2023 at 20:18
^Nicely put.
And on behalf of all Canadians...you're welcome ! Wink
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 09:20

Yes, very nice with such memories, Catcher.  Smile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 12:07
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

^Nicely put.

You should be proud of that contribution to the musical arts arena.....All the Rush vinyl, CDs, Cassettes, VHS, DVD, BRD, merch, etc I have bought over the past 40 yrs has kept Canada from going bankrupt LOL
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 12:37

^Nicely put.

You should be proud of that contribution to the musical arts arena.....All the Rush vinyl, CDs, Cassettes, VHS, DVD, BRD, merch, etc I have bought over the past 40 yrs has kept Canada from going bankrupt LOL
You could have just said Bobble heads. LOL
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 12:47

^Nicely put.

But not because all Canadians like Rush. Wink
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 13:09

Do you know the Canadian Prog band FM, JD?
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 14:25
Originally posted by David_D David_D wrote:

Of course, I also have some solo Nash the Slash albums. And back in the late 70's I bought The Crazy World of Arthur Brown's ST album from Nash's brother who owned a record store in my hometown.
I think I have City of Fear on LP and Black Noise on CD.

Edited by JD - March 16 2023 at 14:27
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 15:02

Of course, I also have some solo Nash the Slash albums. And back in the late 70's I bought The Crazy World of Arthur Brown's ST album from Nash's brother who owned a record store in my hometown.
I think I have City of Fear on LP and Black Noise on CD.

I got Direct to Disc / Headroom about 20 years ago, as it was, yes, a direct-to-disc recording.

David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 15:57

How popular is FM in Canada?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 16:01

^Nicely put.

You could have just said Bobble heads. LOL

true....they have beer now. I am sure that will keep the Great White North out of debt for like ever!!

LOL
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 09:41

So it was quite okay with you, Catcher, when I put Rush on my list for a Prog starter kit? 
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 09:42

Way more popular than AM, that's for sure !
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 10:25

So it was quite okay with you, Catcher, when I put Rush on my list for a Prog starter kit? 
Not sure what that is?? Confused
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 10:43

Not sure what that is?? Confused

The Prog Archives Starter Kit , page 2 in the middle, second version of my list

Edited by David_D - March 17 2023 at 10:55
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 10:46

Way more popular than AM, that's for sure !

Are we talking radio? Big smile

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 11:24
You mean Radiohead?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 285286287288289 312>